I LOVE THIS JOB (Version 3.0)

Great fun!  A couple questions.

- how many tasks exist in this mission?  I played 4 this morning and enjoyed them all.

-  does the mission keep track of what tasks I've already flown and completed successfully?  Just wondering if I'm going to be tasked with same to dos next play session

-. Can you elaborate on what the different difficulty settings mean?  Wondering what the difference is between medium and hard. 

Thanks for putting this together!!

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

love the missions!  having difficulty getting the sheriff livery.  have installed in both livery and skins.  any suggestions?  Wow, if u dont get the bomb diffused what a set of explosions from one small truck bomb, bomb squard says it is amatureish, but i dont think so, lol   For me 6 minutes is not enough time to go get bomb squad and return.  Any was to increase time?

Edited by NIGHTHAWK1
add ?

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

2 hours ago, NIGHTHAWK1 said:

love the missions!  having difficulty getting the sheriff livery.  have installed in both livery and skins.  any suggestions?

I have copied it into:

[DCS main folder location]\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h\

and it works. I like the skin. 👍

I enjoy the mission set very much, although to be honest I thought that it will be released as a campaign. 😉

I would also appreciate answers to questions posted by @Mistermann above.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hiob said:

Is there a way to choose a particular mission to start with or is it always random?

Missions start at random. But you have an option to abort the current mission in the radio menu.

15 hours ago, Mistermann said:

- how many tasks exist in this mission?  I played 4 this morning and enjoyed them all.
-  does the mission keep track of what tasks I've already flown and completed successfully?  Just wondering if I'm going to be tasked with same to dos next play session
-. Can you elaborate on what the different difficulty settings mean?  Wondering what the difference is between medium and hard.

There around 15 missions. But the game doesn't keep track of wich one have been played.  So next time you launch the game, they could be repeated.

Difficulty levels affect to: time you have to deactivate the bombs, time for turning off the transformers, speed of the chain reaction, time for the ship to crash with the rig, much more forgiving with the hover when you launch the charges over the ship (you can be higher/lower and you don't need to keep the helo stable). Add vehicles/obstructions or clean the LZ's depending on the difficulty, and make the LZ bigger or narrower (although the tyres remain in the same place: because you cannot hide static objects in DCS).

14 hours ago, NIGHTHAWK1 said:

Wow, if u dont get the bomb diffused what a set of explosions from one small truck bomb, bomb squard says it is amatureish, but i dont think so, lol   For me 6 minutes is not enough time to go get bomb squad and return.  Any was to increase time?

Yes, if you choose the easy difficulty level in the radio menu, you will have 7:30 minutes to bring the bombsquad team. And it will clean some of the street lights and obstacles on the more difficulty LZs.

I wanted to add different places for the bombs (got another industrial zones prepared), I've got another vessel ready to crush into the docks, and I have several cool places for the missing veteran. But the mission editor doesn't allow to copy/paste, so I've been using Notepad++, but it's a very tedious process and it's so easy to make a mistake and lost everything that I decided not to do it... (but every night I pray to ED, to release a copy/paste feature for the ME in the next DCS release, so keep your fingers crossed) 😊

Edited by Presidium
  • Thanks 2

@Presidium Enjoying the missions tremendously but wanted to share some issues I've encountered. Several times now I have completed one mission and then get the voice over that there is another mission and Incoming transmission but nothing happens.  It just stalls.  I can abort the mission at that point and it will sometimes reset and give the next mission but not always.  I've also noticed if I do abort the mission and get a new mission sometimes the graphics in the mission console are actually for a different mission then the one I'm running.

Don't know if a track or screenshot would help but I can try and save some next time it happens.  Thanks again for such great work.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

@Presidium Enjoying the missions tremendously but wanted to share some issues I've encountered. .[...]

Thank you @KeyserSoze62 I already found those bugs: It happens when you finish a SAR mission and it start another SAR, the random routine was wrong and sometimes it start another mission, then stop it, and choose another one. But it has already being solved and now I'm working on the lifebar indicator.

Thanks buddy!!! 👌

• Like 1

Downloaded the mission, but is a little confused.

In the video you have police cruisers, ambulances,different non vanilla vessels and more.
When I open the mission in the ME, none of these units are present. 

Are you using mods packs in addition or is the mission only created with vanilla units (and not like the video teaser)?

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Some scripting problems I found:

When you land in a LZ and damage your craft in the process (beyond serviceable), the script will continue as if nothing happens until your aircraft is "dead".

When you abort/skip a mission the voice overs won't start anymore.

When you destroy the captured ship, but just in time, its momentum will carry it into the oil rig (realisticly) and destroy it - however the script will continue as if the mission was successful.

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 1/9/2023 at 11:00 AM, MIghtymoo said:

Downloaded the mission, but is a little confused. In the video you have police cruisers, ambulances,different non vanilla vessels and more.
When I open the mission in the ME, none of these units are present.  Are you using mods packs in addition or is the mission only created with vanilla units (and not like the video teaser)?

I used the Civilian Asset Pack the DCS:Combined Farms and UH-1H attachemts mod for the video.
As you can see they are **outstanding**. They have been made by @Eight Ball one of the finest a most coolest DCS modders around 🤗. He is doing an incredible job for expanding the civil side of DCS. I was planning releasing two version of the game: one with mods and another without them. But not right now.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:03 PM, Hiob said:

Some scripting problems I found:
When you land in a LZ and damage your craft in the process (beyond serviceable), the script will continue as if nothing happens until your aircraft is "dead".
When you abort/skip a mission the voice overs won't start anymore.
When you destroy the captured ship, but just in time, its momentum will carry it into the oil rig (realisticly) and destroy it - however the script will continue as if the mission was successful.

Thanks for those bugs! I'm working on the game right now. I will release a new version next week. It will solve most of those bugs, and as a new addition it will add:

■ Injured people will have a life bar indicator in the SAR missions, and they could die if you do not take them to the hospital in time.
■ And a new mission called: THE SWAMP

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 6

Thanks for you feedback regarding asset packs.

Flew a few missions last weekend, and love your work.

Amazed how you created the HUD 

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Presidium changed the title to I LOVE THIS JOB (version 2.0 available!)

When will you add the Civilian Asset Pack vehicles to the missions? 😃

That would make a big difference to the immersion ❤️

Edited by MIghtymoo

Personally, I would rephrase that a bit but I agree with the direction of the question... 😁

Are you considering to incorporate the great Civilian Asset Pack into your (equally great) Missions? That would be awesome! 🤩

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

12 hours ago, Hiob said:

Personally, I would rephrase that a bit but I agree with the direction of the question... 😁

Are you considering to incorporate the great Civilian Asset Pack into your (equally great) Missions? That would be awesome! 🤩

Agree! Added some emojis to soften the message 😉

Why is the latest version not showing up in Missions?  Mission editor doesn't even recognize the file to open it.  Downloaded it twice and even renamed it to get rid of the period in 2.0.miz.

Nevermind, it would help if I had the Syria map🤔

Edited by Zap921

8 hours ago, Zap921 said:

Why is the latest version not showing up in Missions?  Mission editor doesn't even recognize the file to open it.  Downloaded it twice and even renamed it to get rid of the period in 2.0.miz.

Nevermind, it would help if I had the Syria map🤔

It's a matter of personal finances of course - but other than that, you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the map in general! Highly recommended.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hiob said:

It's a matter of personal finances of course - but other than that, you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the map in general! Highly recommended.

Probably will add it.  Only have the base map and Marianas at this point.  Got excited about trying that Huey mission and completely overlooked what map it was on.

1 hour ago, Zap921 said:

Probably will add it.  Only have the base map and Marianas at this point.  Got excited about trying that Huey mission and completely overlooked what map it was on.

Well, it‘s a large map. With tons of nice landmarks and POIs.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:57 PM, Hiob said:

Well, it‘s a large map. With tons of nice landmarks and POIs.

Best map IMHO. Especially on sale.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to try this since it came out.  If you are on the fence and enjoy something not mil-sim give it a go.  I added a few slots so I could fly it with friends and we all had a really good time.  Looking forward to any further development that is release.

Is there a way to donate to the project?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been having a blast with this mission, thanks for making it! This has taken me from barely able to fly the Huey to flying like a champion and landing on a dime.

The only Issue I have seen is on the task where you shoot out the jeep's tires. After the jeep blows up, I land nearby but the mission never advances. Easy enough to abort mission and move on to the next one.

Also, the new flight model makes refueling at some point mandatory. Is there a way to refuel at the helicopter base or do I have to keep going to the airport? I got to do my first actual emergency autorotation when I ran out of gas right over the airport yesterday!

I'd love an update with more content (maybe a plane crash rescue mission or some random air traffic to avoid) or another map and I'd pay good money for it!

• Like 1