Modern Submarine Pack

Hawkeye60

On 8/14/2022 at 4:25 PM, Hawkeye60 said:

If you downloaded the two original sets,

Only download the new version of set two.

Copy the unzipped file into the original folder and allow overwrite.

It will only overwrite the original files,

leaving any wake  files in place.

But the main sub lua files, from the new wake add ons,  have data corrections which need to be added.

So easier to just re add them as instructed by the authors.

All these subs will be up-dated with new code and wake files in time..

Hope this helps.

I also have a late addition.

BREAKING NEWS!

New sub spotted off the coast!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ls6c0o0mu6bwkx/Proteus Submarine.zip?dl=0

For fun!

And no, I have not gotten her to shrink .....YET!😆

Enjoy!

Screen-220814-090552.png

Screen-220814-090636.png

UN-armed.

Hahahaha.... 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

По другим данным, боекомплект составляет 16 ЗУР 9М39 ПЗРК 9К38 "Игла" на К-148 (головной № 617), К-173 (головной № 618), К-141 (головной № 662), К-150 (головной № 663).То есть, если поставить на лодку противовоздушную оборону, то это ПЗРК "ИГЛА"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Published on October 30
According to other sources, the ammunition is 16 SAM 9M39 MANPADS 9K38 "Igla" on K-148 (head No. 617), K-173 (head No. 618), K-141 (head No. 662), K-150 (head No. 663).That is, if you put air defense on the boat, then this is the IGLA MANPADS                                                                                                                                                                                                        October 30th!!!! People can someone help with this?

Edited by Чарик80

• 2 weeks later...

Toan,

You are correct!

I looked at the code.

The santafe, which these are based upon, has had a code change.

It fires them fine.

Looks like every single sub will need to be up-dated.....sigh......

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

6 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Toan,

You are correct!

I looked at the code.

The santafe, which these are based upon, has had a code change.

It fires them fine.

Looks like every single sub will need to be up-dated.....sigh......

Thanks Hawkeye, I'll try the Santa Fe 😉 Will be very interesting for naval warfare.... 😀 Any good news concerning the PTB ? 😉  Thanks..... 🙂

Just re tested the WWII subs.

The do in fact, work.

I went from submerged to surfaced with the command to attack using ASW

You can see the distance to target here

Screen-221220-200031.png

Screen-221220-200151.png

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

19 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Just re tested the WWII subs.

The do in fact, work.

I went from submerged to surfaced with the command to attack using ASW

You can see the distance to target here

Screen-221220-200031.png

Screen-221220-200151.png

Ok, I'll try that, thanks 🙂  As I understand it, they fire torpedoes only when surfaced, is this correct ? 🤔 thanks for your help 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi All, This might be of interest to the Sub community. As you may have read it, the last Open Beta 2.8.2.35632 released on January 25th states among its new features : "Fixed inability for submarines to attack ships." This could be very good news ! I haven't tested it yet. But any comment and experience is welcome. Enjoy ! 😃

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

I just tried it with the Le Redoutable mod. And it launches Harpoons to engage enemy units 👍

Hi Striker, very good news (although Le Redoutable never had anti-ship missiles, as far as I know....) 🙂

Sub Pack three has been released!

Please note, all torps only work in OB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

up-dated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will ask the Admiral.

1 hour ago, Aplion said:

Yes..

Cool. I play Arma3 4-5 times peryear and always download your mod!

On 10/11/2023 at 4:27 AM, Skyreign82nd said:

Hey Hawkeye,

Quick question:

Just throwing this out there, would it be possible for the Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines to add the SCUD coding to launch ballistic missiles?

Please Sinpo DPRK sub. I added ballistic missile. One pcs.

Edited by tripod3
  • Like 2

May I use your code?

The Admiral was kind enough to supply me with harpoons.

I have a Hai Kun class  which needs  good weapons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hai_Kun-class_submarine

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aplion, I recently discovered your Mods, and I really like them. Very nice job ! 👏 I appreciate particularly the FDI Belharra ships. One sidenote about them : the French version (which 1st ship will be commissioned in 2025) does not have the aft RIM 116 lancher that exists on the Greek version. It also uses Exocet missiles instead of Harpoons. Further, the French Navy decided recently to erase all specific identification markings, so there are no more hull numbers and ships name. Next, there are no helo parking defined in the LUA file. So, no helo can be attached as static on the FDI so far. This is very easy to implement by adding 2 lines in the LUA file, which I did (see screenshot below). Do you think all these can be implemented ? Many thanks. 😀

As a general comment, I rather find the navigation deck windows more realistic if colored in black, which I implemented for the FDI and the Roussen, but couldn't for the MEKO frigates. Sigh. Thanks for your help.

Very nice work, many thanks ! 😉

Screen_231022_112333.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

Hi Marroux, very good news ! 😉 As I mentioned above, no more hull numbers and markings now on the French Navy ships. And I prefer black navigation deck windows (see screenshot below). 😉 Many thanks to Aplion for his superb Greek Navy Mods ! 👏

Screen_231024_110141.jpg

Screen_231024_140610.jpg

Screen_231025_125628.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 3

@tripod3

Merci!

See first post.