Are Al Dhafra ILS frequencies fixed ?

Aigle2

Hi, 

Everything is in the title. I would like to organize a very serious night mission on this map, but last time I tried 6 months ago, ILS frequencies of runways 31L, 13R and 13L were buggued. Has it been fixed ?

Aigle2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just flew this tonight with runway 13L, freq should be 111.10 and it looked like it saw the localizer but was leading me off course.  Made me wonder if it's backwards and actually for 31L but can't confirm.  Pretty disappointing this is still messed up should be an easy fix.  I think there was even a mod where someone added ILS to all the runways, maybe try that

Hello,

I do a lot of editing to create RSBN and PRMG beacons for my L-39. I note the ME map shows the ILS Glide and Locators at that field starting on the runway threshold, not at the start of the runway (you don't land on thresholds), for this reason, it brings you down a bit too soon. The PRMG I created at Al Dhafra was flyable to just above 100m before the glideslope plunges into the ground. While I have affected slope angles at other fields, I had no luck doing it there. Frequencies aren't too hard to check. I'll have a look to see if they are correct.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Yes, a very simple fix... 13L frequency should be 109.1, chan 28. It is 111.1, chan 48

Line # 513 of the Mods\Terrain\Persian Gulf\ Beacons.lua file is incorrect

frequency = 111100000.000000;   - should be   109100000.000000
 channel = 48;     - should be 28

I also note all localizer headings are +2 degrees for my L-39.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Thanks. I am starting to agree on the PG map, and I will edit my earlier posts.

After testing I learned the map is different than the Caucuses map that uses similar frequencies for opposing PRMG. I could also test each direction in the ME and I cannot do that in the PG map. I did find it confusing that 13R and 31L both use 108.70 and the others do not. So, in summary, I will just say that they do not all work correctly and good luck.

Edited by JG14_Smil

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I recently found an online server running the Persian Gulf with weather. I learned the Al Dhafra ILS were not working correctly and I took a look at the beacons.lua. There were some frequency mix-ups that took a while to pin down, but I sorted them out and have the ILS pointing the right directions to the correct runways. I could not find reliable morse code ID information, so I cannot confirm them as correct after the changes. I did try replacing the extra 108.7 frequency with the correct frequency of 114.9 for 31L that I found online, but while I received an I.D. signal, it did not work correctly as an ILS (maybe a conflict with a VOR somewhere?).

I was hoping it would help you get things working correctly, so I added it to a zip file. I added comments of the lines I edited. Nothing fishy, I just moved numbers to the proper locations.

Just wonderful flying the map at night with working IFR. Before my edits, the plane would just start to circle instead of entering the ILS (at Al Dhafra).

smil

Persian_Gulf_Beacons_fix.zip

• Like 1

Thank you DrPhibes, that is great to learn. I found that frequency on an incorrect chart then. Actual sectionals are hard to find.

I wanted to note that the F10 field data still lists the ILS in reverse to the runways. F10 data lists 111.1 as 13, but I had to use 111.1 to land runway 31. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...