Mission 04- "can not open debriefing file"

Hi,

I have played twice mission 04, but every time I end the mission after landing, it says "can not open debriefing file", and the only thing I see is homescreen in VR without the menu. Can anyone please help on this.?

• Like 1

I have the same problem, flown the mission twice now to its conclusion. After 'Mission Complete' back on the carrier I tried to exit and it brings up an error message    x Debriefing File cannot be loaded. Then DCS freezes and the screen remains black. I have to quit with Task Manager. Giving it one more go after a complete PC restart.......

• Like 1

Ok 3rd attempt didn't work either. After complete restart of the computer the result is the same! Mission is complete and then the black screen with "x Can not open debriefing file" appears. See attached screenshot. But thanks for a great campaign so far!!

20220720193733_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, apologies - I am away from my gaming rig for another month and it will be difficult for me to properly investigate it.
It used to work OK, so I suspect the mission got corrupted with one of the updates (love when this happens). Will try to figure out a way to fix it ASAP for the next update though. 

I think for the time being if you already flown the mission it is safe to just skip it in campaign menu without loosing anything?

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• ED Team

It looks like something has corrupted it 

2022-07-25 22:19:28.551 ERROR   Gui: ERROR loading debrief.log: [string "M:\Users\ben_s\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\debrief.log"]:546: unexpected symbol near 'break'

are you using any unofficial mods? It maybe worth removing all unofficial mods and running a slow repair or verify if steam. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same issue here, no unofficial mods installed. I have just hornet/A10C& A10C2, supercarrier/persian gulf.

What I realized however in mission04 is that there was absolutely no LSO grade for the recovery landing on the carrier.

Edited by Flanky83

Happened here as well.

Skippig the mission, and first time flying the M05, completed succesfully, and then I got completion on M04.

Community A-4E-C, Blackhawk and T-45C installed in saved games.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:45 AM, Flanky83 said:

Same issue here, no unofficial mods installed. I have just hornet/A10C& A10C2, supercarrier/persian gulf.

What I realized however in mission04 is that there was absolutely no LSO grade for the recovery landing on the carrier.

Same here, also playing VR. I do have LSO grade. No unofficial mods installed.

+1 for this. had it happen yesterday, as well. i died, so wasn't too upset about it, but just adding to the voices.

EDIT: I just successfully completed this mission, and had the same. It looks like something is broken in this mission.

Edited by markom