George won't fire any hellfires

Mobius010

Hello,

I have had this problem for so many times now that it is getting pretty annoying. The problem is that George wont fire any hellfires at all for some reason. It happends sporadically and I have no idea what I am doing wrong or why it is happening.

Situation:
- I spawn in the Apache
- Rearm with hellfires
- Fly towards the AO 
- Select Hellfire, a target and wait untill I am around 7/8 km from the target
- I tell george to fire but nothing is happening

This is a short video of what happend: 
https://easyupload.io/gfagxt

This is the trackfile: 
https://easyupload.io/g86y10

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI | CORSAIR RM Series RM750 | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB | Corsair H100X Extreme Performance | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD | Intel Core i7 9700KF (not OC) | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO (OC)

Hardware: Logitech X56 HOTAS | Oculus Rift S | TM T. Flight Rudder Pedals

dont take it rude please, just a quick answer cause i dont have much time. I could only watch the vid for now.

a) overflowing George with "orders". give George time to react. he will still fire if you are IN CONSTRAINTS and provice a STABLE platform;

b) be in constraints (big square "box" for LOBL shot) for a first detent weapon shot: afaik George will fire weapons using the "first detent". at the beginning of the vid you can see "YAW LIMIT" for a second. That is one error of not beeing in constraints. ALso provide a stable platform, meaning keep the AH64 stable and in a good firing position. George will still launch after some sec if you gave him "consent to fire";

c) dont WAS the missiles for yourself if you want George to fire them. afaik this may cause errors in that the missile will need time to spool up again. if GEorge is lasing the target you can WAS the missiles for yourself and shoot them (remember trigger guard off).

d) dont overflow George with "orders" 😉

e) sometimes MSL TYPE? bug can still appear. but from what i saw you need to give George a stable platform. your inputs where a little "strong".

Hope that might help a bit!

Best of luck

K

dont take it rude please, just a quick answer cause i dont have much time. I could only watch the vid for now.
a) overflowing George with "orders". give George time to react. he will still fire if you are IN CONSTRAINTS and provice a STABLE platform;
b) be in constraints (big square "box" for LOBL shot) for a first detent weapon shot: afaik George will fire weapons using the "first detent". at the beginning of the vid you can see "YAW LIMIT" for a second. That is one error of not beeing in constraints. ALso provide a stable platform, meaning keep the AH64 stable and in a good firing position. George will still launch after some sec if you gave him "consent to fire";
c) dont WAS the missiles for yourself if you want George to fire them. afaik this may cause errors in that the missile will need time to spool up again. if GEorge is lasing the target you can WAS the missiles for yourself and shoot them (remember trigger guard off).
d) dont overflow George with "orders"
e) sometimes MSL TYPE? bug can still appear. but from what i saw you need to give George a stable platform. your inputs where a little "strong".

Hope that might help a bit!
Best of luck
K

No hard feelings sir!

A) even when I don't overflow George with commands he still doesn't fire. I do admit that I give him "alot" of orders but even when I give him some time to fire the hellfire he still doesn't fire it.

B) I was stable when I tried to fire the missiles yet he still didn't fire it.

C) Even when I don't WAS the hellfires he still doesn't fire it

D) I think that is the problem/bug. For some reason if you overload him he just messes up the Hellfires. Even when I give him some time to fire he still doesn't shoot, because I overload him with orders before.
Like I said, this happens sometimes.
I have flown even worse and he still fires a hellfire.

E) read D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A525F met Tapatalk

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI | CORSAIR RM Series RM750 | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB | Corsair H100X Extreme Performance | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD | Intel Core i7 9700KF (not OC) | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO (OC)

Sometimes when you rearm George gets confused and selects Radar Hellfires. To solve it you need to hop into the gunners seat and manually change Type to SAL.
Hmm I only play multiplayer so that is kinda difficult. But good to know that issue, thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A525F met Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

That's a "me too"; many great ideas here. Do you ever consider whether or not you can purge the queue and start over, and/or if it is even possible? I'll post this as a standalone topic that may also reveal some obscure facts about George's inexplicable decision/execution behaviors. I'm finding what seems to be a new quirk I hadn't seen prior to most recent update..... I can't fire cannon when there seems to be too many stored targets; I have to wait for all missiles to be delivered before the system relinquishes the cannon to me.

George isn’t making a mental queue of targets that he has to deal with before moving on to other things. And what George is doing with lasing and launching hellfires shouldn’t impact your ability to WAS the gun from the back seat using your HMD as the sight, and delivering rounds on target.

Perhaps a screenshot of your HUD when the gun isn’t working for you will help us troubleshoot the issue. Or even better, a short track file. 

• 1 year later...

Was there ever an answer for this? I run into this a lot myself, including just last night when flying with my squadron. It's beyond annoying.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

22 hours ago, Derbroomaster said:

Was there ever an answer for this? I run into this a lot myself, including just last night when flying with my squadron. It's beyond annoying.

Can you maybe share the track file here? That way we could take a closer look.

I fly the Apache a lot (might even consider it my favorite DCS module), but I can't say I've ever had any issues with George not firing missiles (well, maybe very early on after EA relsease, but not in the past 1,5 year I'd say). The only times I experience George not firing, is due to me being too far away from the target, or my piloting had George lose LOS)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I have an issue with George not rifling on occasion, but it’s hard to say if it is the exact issue you are seeing or not.

In my case, it is often after a rearm, and George will say he is engaging, but there is no missile constraints box visible in the HMD, and no missile comes off the rail.

The solution is to SAFE the aircraft from the back seat, at which point George immediately ARMs it again, and all is working again. This may be due to having Ground Override turned on when landing to rearm, and some desync with the front and his laser not working. 

I dont have anything to add to this at this time but i will say that I have been following this myself. Reason being, I have found myself is situations where George wont fire, even with clear line of sight, no YAW or Ballistic limits etc.  I have gotten way to close to targets in the past just waiting for George to rifle one out but had to retreat and extend. I could never figure out the right combination to get it reset, sometimes I found that ARM/REARM didnt do the trick either. I have been in the habit of quickly shutting off George AI, ARM/REARM, WAS another weapon, then WAS back to missile and bring George AI back and then prosecute the same target again without issue. I never saved the Track file because its usually very deep into a mission when I experience this, so i dont bother. Im hoping to see this recognized and a solution perhaps posted etc. Im just chiming in to support those who are experiencing the same occasionally.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

So far, what works for me to help avoid this situation is to ensure I don't use Ground Override when starting up in order to pre-set things for me as the pilot.

Once in flight, if I still encounter AI not firing even with clear line of sight, no YAW or Ballistic limits, I do one or more of the following:

*Cycle Master Arm off, then on.

*If "Missile Type?" shows in the TADS, hop in the CPG seat and cycle Missile Select (Salvo vs RF, iirc), then come back to the Pilot's Seat.

*Have George AI cease fire, then have him WAS the Hellfires again.

I've been able to wake him up using one of these. Annoying, but it works.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)