What's the plan for campaigns/single missions for the F1?

Gorn557

55 minutes ago, Gorn557 said:

See subject!

Based on the C-101, I'd expect to eventually see a full suite of training missions and quick / single missions for every map.  My guess is that it won't come with a campaign since it is so much work to come up with a quality campaign.  But we should see some campaign DLC down the line.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kontiuka said:

Based on the C-101, I'd expect to eventually see a full suite of training missions and quick / single missions for every map.  My guess is that it won't come with a campaign since it is so much work to come up with a quality campaign.  But we should see some campaign DLC down the line.

That doesn't sound too exciting. "Too much work" for a campaign. 

• Like 2

Campaigns usually wait until the module has had some EA bugs sorted out and is closer to feature complete.  Otherwise it can be a waste of the campaign makers time keeping up with the early changes and additions as the module progresses which may break the campaign.

Single missions are easy to make and update or just abandon and make a new version.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

6 hours ago, Gorn557 said:

That doesn't sound too exciting. "Too much work" for a campaign. 

You could try to edit one yourself, so that you can see exactly how much work it is 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

You could try to edit one yourself, so that you can see exactly how much work it is 🙄

And how far does this principle extend for goods I'm paying for? I can't opine on a movie unless I can make one myself? A car I bought unless I can engineer and build it myself? A restaurant meal if I don't found my own restaurant?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gorn557 said:

And how far does this principle extend for goods I'm paying for?

Were you paying for a Campaign?

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Sounds like Early Access is not for you if you expect a campaign out of the gate.  You do realize that you aren't getting the other versions just yet as well, right?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

10 hours ago, Gorn557 said:

And how far does this principle extend for goods I'm paying for? I can't opine on a movie unless I can make one myself? A car I bought unless I can engineer and build it myself? A restaurant meal if I don't found my own restaurant?

Like Sarge55 said, you are aware that this is an Early Access release, right? Essentially you pay the developer to be the beta tester! You will get one of the four planes first, and that one plane will lack features(radar modes for example) and have bugs that you/we have to report to improve the module! 

Just to be safe, not that we see "i paid for it and it isn't finished - like buying a car without wheels...." type of threats after EA release.

🍻 

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

8 minutes ago, Dustband said:

why be friendly and respectful when you can also kick someone and be a tough guy on the internet...

I’m sorry, but it was hard for me to be friendly after his dismissive comment about the work that editing a campaign requires. I love editing missions and it always annoys me when people disregard the effort that they require.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I’m sorry, but it was hard for me to be friendly after his dismissive comment about the work that editing a campaign requires. I love editing missions and it always annoys me when people disregard the effort that they require.

Jeez man, all I asked was whether there's a plan to eventually add a campaign. I don't know how this turned into a philosophical debate about whether making missions is hard.

And the best part is, no one who weighed in actually had any idea what the answer is. Internet!

• Like 2

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of single-player content for the F1CE. There are technically a ton of missions and IA stuff included, but bar one single mission and one IA, they're all practice missions rather than real ones. And the one "real" mission I've played so far was extraordinarily simple. I love the rest of the module, but as a purely single-player, uh, player, I really hope they add more content (and a campaign would be wonderful!) as it goes through early access.

(I should clarify that I don't own South Atlantic, so maybe there's more content for that.)

In the meantime, I guess I'll try making some of my own missions, and hopefully, once the module's been out for more than a day, user-created missions will give us more stuff to do in the short term. But there's nothing like a good official campaign!

Edit: to clarify, I'll understand if they would rather spend their efforts elsewhere, and I am well aware of how much work a campaign is. I'm just putting my thoughts out there!

Edited by FMBluecher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FMBluecher said:

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of single-player content for the F1CE. There are technically a ton of missions and IA stuff included, but bar one single mission and one IA, they're all practice missions rather than real ones. And the one "real" mission I've played so far was extraordinarily simple. I love the rest of the module, but as a purely single-player, uh, player, I really hope they add more content (and a campaign would be wonderful!) as it goes through early access.

(I should clarify that I don't own South Atlantic, so maybe there's more content for that.)

In the meantime, I guess I'll try making some of my own missions, and hopefully, once the module's been out for more than a day, user-created missions will give us more stuff to do in the short term. But there's nothing like a good official campaign!

Edit: to clarify, I'll understand if they would rather spend their efforts elsewhere, and I am well aware of how much work a campaign is. I'm just putting my thoughts out there!

Nearly every module (not EVERY one, nearly every one) has many single missions and a campaign. I don't think saying you'd like one is something you need to apologize for. The developer is free to make or not make one and you are free to buy or not buy it. And it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the fidelity and quality of simulation of the aircraft. I don't understand why people are getting so touchy about this.