Odd problem with FAC lasing

stolzy

I'm just getting to grips with this, so bear with me.

I've created a small mission (attached) with a single A-10C II carrying AGM-65L and/or M151 laser rockets.  I have a target comprising a few trucks and an M1126 as FAC.

But when I call the FAC I announce only the guns, not the guided weapons.

Anyone have a clue?

temp.miz

• ED Team

Hi, 

instead of using ASM select guided for the FAC task, he should reply then with marked by laser and select mavs first

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

instead of using ASM select guided for the FAC task, he should reply then with marked by laser and select mavs first

Thanks for chipping in.

I tried that, but with the same result.  When I initially contact the FAC I list only the non-laser guided weapons.  So if I'm loaded with AGM-65L and AG-65 D, My reply is "Armed with AGM-65D and 1150 cannon".  No mention of any laser-guided weapons.

• ED Team

Try this one,

when I test in public builds he says marked by laser, and asks for APKWS ( note the text and audio for it are blank currently ) 

temp.miz

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
2 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I recall in the past the check in with the AI JTAC would refer to APKWS as "AGR-20", both audio and text?

Will double check today, when I tested in open beta I did not hear or see it. 

• ED Team

quick test done and open beta seems to have some issues but the engagement can continue, our next open beta I am testing currently internally looks better so please wait for the next patch. 

thanks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Try this one,

when I test in public builds he says marked by laser, and asks for APKWS ( note the text and audio for it are blank currently ) 

temp.miz 9.47 kB · 1 download

Thanks for that, but it works exactly the same.  No announcement of laser guided weapons, and the FAC request is just "Request" without specifying the weapon.

• ED Team
Just now, stolzy said:

Thanks for that, but it works exactly the same.  No announcement of laser guided weapons, and the FAC request is just "Request" without specifying the weapon.

can you do me a track replay, save the test after you exit the mission and attach it here. 

When I test in open beta it is working for me. 

Do you have any unofficial mods or scripts by any chance? 

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

can you do me a track replay, save the test after you exit the mission and attach it here. 

When I test in open beta it is working for me. 

Do you have any unofficial mods or scripts by any chance? 

Track attached

FAC.trk

On 8/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, stolzy said:

Track attached

Yeah, I'm seeing the same that you're describing in the latest OpenBeta. During the CAS check-in, the player only seems to read the names of weapons that existed in the legacy A-10C module, and for the AGM-65L even the text is missing.

Then the JTACs just requests "Request:" without specifying any weapon, neither by voice nor by text.

However, I think Bignewy means you could continue the attack after the "LASER ON" call. At that point, the JTAC should be lasing and any laser guided weapon should now be able to pick up the laser spot; your track just seems to end before any attempt to attack the target.

Long story short, for the JTAC dialog it looks like voice and text elements are missing for the newer weapons that came with the A-10C II module (AGR-20A, AGM-65L, GBU-54):

Weapon Voice Text
GBU-54 none bombs
AGM-65L none none
AGR-20A none AGR-20A
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Yeah, I'm seeing the same that you're describing in the latest OpenBeta. During the CAS check-in, the player only seems to read the names of weapons that existed in the legacy A-10C module, and for the AGM-65L even the text is missing.

Then the JTACs just requests "Request:" without specifying any weapon, neither by voice nor by text.

However, I think Bignewy means you could continue the attack after the "LASER ON" call. At that point, the JTAC should be lasing and any laser guided weapon should now be able to pick up the laser spot; your track just seems to end before any attempt to attack the target.

Long story short, for the JTAC dialog it looks like voice and text elements are missing for the newer weapons that came with the A-10C II module (AGR-20A, AGM-65L, GBU-54):

Weapon Voice Text
GBU-54 none bombs
AGM-65L none none
AGR-20A none AGR-20A

By Jove, I think he has it!  That's exactly the behaviour I see.

I was starting to assume I'd got something wrong in my setup; comforting to know that just for once, it's not me. 🙂

And yes, I confirm you can prosecute the attack using (the undeclared) laser rockets and Mavs.