Low Effort Bug List for F-15C

henshao

7 hours ago, Cunning_Raven said:

Then is there a reason for the button to exist?

It might be an FC3 thing, where most controls are common among modules. Disengaging is neither from DCS F-15C nor RL F-15 manual. There are two bindings for nose wheel steering: NWS disengage and NWS range. The former is useless for the sim since it does not lock it - quite the contrary - it allows it to swivel 360°, mostly for the ground crew towing. The latter is used to allow tighter turning during taxi.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The NWS stuff has been talked about for a long time now... NWS disengage simply allows rudder input without affecting steering.  The steering maneuver mode switch allows for up to 45 degrees of steering in either direction.  That switch is used during most taxiing operations and disengage allows for pilots to perform flight control checks without damaging nose tires and occasionally during steering failures while taxiing.  But as it stands I wouldn't count this as a bug, just be light on the pedals while tracking down the runway.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, draconus said:

Track or it didn't happen. You may feel nothing on your desktop stick but you're commanding lots of Gs on the simulated aircraft. If it was high speed, quick pull and asymmetrical at that you're in for troubles.

To be fair since this post i did experiments and was doing nearly 12G clean with wings not breaking up... then renembered when  they broke i think i had external stores under the wings.. cant renember if drop tanks but it would explain it.. pulling even 9Gs with the external tanks hanging from the wings should be fatal

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, SparrowLT said:

To be fair since this post i did experiments and was doing nearly 12G clean with wings not breaking up... then renembered when  they broke i think i had external stores under the wings.. cant renember if drop tanks but it would explain it.. pulling even 9Gs with the external tanks hanging from the wings should be fatal

Depends on what's in the tanks.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

On 6/7/2023 at 6:14 PM, henshao said:

Was wondering why my AMRAAMs were going dumb on long range shots and realized the DLZ calculation will let you shoot from beyond the 90 second AMRAAM battery life

What does far away mean? I use AMRAAMs, usually firing them from 50-40 miles and I haven't noticed any special problems with them...