No tracer belts ineffective

River

Combat Mix and AG belts do good damage on enemy aircraft. Stealth belts barely can put an aircraft down. They stream, smoke, loose parts, etc but they survive way to many hits. They catch almost never fire too. 

Can you guys just please give the No tracer belts the same ammo mix like in the tracer belts.

No idea what ammo type is missing but it might be API. 

Edited by River

9 hours ago, River said:

Combat Mix and AG belts do good damage on enemy aircraft. Stealth belts barely can put an aircraft down. They stream, smoke, loose parts, etc but they survive way to many hits. They catch almost never fire too. 

Can you guys just please give the No tracer belts the same ammo mix like in the tracer belts.

No idea what ammo type is missing but it might be API. 

Yeah because you can see tracers and this helps a lot with aiming, traceless belts require a lot skill so it is logical that effectiveness will be noticeably worse. 

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yeah they need to have all API belts added to the load outs of the mustang and jug. It was definitely used in the 8th and 9th AF that way historically [see many encounter reports and group biographies]

Different groups varied on using tracers or not but it should be just as effective as the other loadouts since AP was deemed less effective than API in an air to air role...most WWii single engine fighters didn't carry a lot of armor that needed penetrating.

The all api belt with no tracers and and an all tracer api belt should be more accurate then a mix of tracer and no tracer since the tracer round has a different trajectory than the no tracer round at range. So in that respect logically a tracerless all api belt would be more effective than a mixed belt in regards to accuracy.

Edited by Cool-Hand
Typing this on my phone
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, grafspee said:

Yeah because you can see tracers and this helps a lot with aiming, traceless belts require a lot skill so it is logical that effectiveness will be noticeably worse. 

It's all right mate... what a statement.

We fly Mustangs only, hundrets of hours SoW and now 4YA.

If we and others say stealth belts are not as effective as tracers it's a fact. The difference is not even close. 

There is always the option to not post in a thread. For some reason you need to share your opinion on everything... 

Edited by River

7 hours ago, River said:

For some reason you need share your opinion on everything... 

Stop this lies about me right now. And if even so, who are you to tell me what to do or what not to do, may i ask ?

Are you some kind of corrupted law enforcer or something ?

Any way this incorrect belt compositions was reported here, what is the status on fixing this, i don't know.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor