Re-Targeting from the Pilot Seat w George

KeyserSoze62

Does anyone have some advice on how to effectively re-target something that you have already engaged , possibly destroyed, from the pilot seat using George? I was working a mission that calls for a Hellfire on some insurgents on the roof of a building.  I target the insurgents and engage which kills all of them. The mission then calls for us to re-engage the building with a second hellfire.  I know I can simply target from the CPG seat and put a second missile on the building but is their any trick or possible way to do this from the pilot seat with George? With no active targets left on the building after the first hit he obviously won't track anything.   Is their any other way to slave George to a target that is already done?

Thanks.

If George already has the TADS slaved to an area, AI Helper Aft Long with the menu open will command George to re-search that LOS (provided the target list is not currently active).

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

3 hours ago, Tholozor said:

If George already has the TADS slaved to an area, AI Helper Aft Long with the menu open will command George to re-search that LOS (provided the target list is not currently active).

Thanks for your response. I am aware I can have George repeat the search but the issue is there are no active targets left on the building for him to track. The mission just calls for putting another missile in the building.  I'll have to break down the triggers in the mission to see how it determines you hit the building a second time with no targets there but that's what it requires.

George as CPG will not recognize buildings, bridges, obstacles etc. as targets. So he can‘t fire on them. You will need at least one insurgent left alive on the building for your second attack to work.

from the pilot seat you could just fire rockets yourself….if they will destroy the building I’m not sure…

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Thats an interesting dilemma! Especially if you cant finish the mission unless you use a Hellfire to finish the job (not sure the rockets would qualify?) I will be following this one. Maybe its a fault of the mission design? Interesting!

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

7 hours ago, Fakum said:

Thats an interesting dilemma! Especially if you cant finish the mission unless you use a Hellfire to finish the job (not sure the rockets would qualify?) I will be following this one. Maybe its a fault of the mission design? Interesting!

No the mission is based on a historical event so its doable.  It just requires switching to the CPG seat to send the additional Hellfires.  I was hoping someone had a neat trick to send a hellfire from the pilots seat through George AI when there is no active target for him to track.

Rats, was hoping there was a work around.

I don’t CPG, controls aren’t even set up but that’s my choice. Oh well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

48 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Rats, was hoping there was a work around.

I don’t CPG, controls aren’t even set up but that’s my choice. Oh well.

You're missing out on a lot awesomeness if you're not using the CP/G controls mate.

I strongly advise you to give it a go (the basics are really simple to learn as well)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 10/23/2022 at 3:42 PM, Sarge55 said:

I have trust issues 🙄 thanks but I’ll stay in the back seat. 

Hmm. Consider making one of the insurgent infantry immortal. You could possibly have them be immortal for the first strike, then maybe turn the immortal off a few seconds after the strike. That could let you reengage with the 2nd hellfire to kill them and proceed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: