VAICOM Community Release Wish List

hornblower793

Please use this thread to post any ideas for functionality you would like to see added or improved in Vaicom

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

AIRIO:

JESTER: make marker numbers higher than 10 navigation points.  I.e.

To: Map Marker <any number> to [pick your nav taget]

JESTER WHEEL remains active/available.

Long running request.  Don't know that is achievable.  Not recommended as a high priority.

BUG FIX:

Have not confirmed in community edition.

When communicating with carrier, F/A-18C called by mission editor object number unless 'Force NATO' call signs checked on preferences page.

Architecture Enhancement:

Figure out how to add the direct commands as a module in saved games vice direct editing of core lua files in install directory.  This may not be possible in DCS currently, but the goal is worthy.

Edited by WOPR
  • Like 1

Support for the A-4E and Apache.

• Like 5

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

• Please repair the "Request NVG" command, because the crew responds "copy" and then report "rearming complete". To be clear, no rearming is completed and no NVG is installed. This issue lasts for at least few month since I bought the Vaicom Pro licence, it´s not community patch related;
  • if possible - make the AIRIO capable of storing spoken waypoint coordinates and set them as steerpoint (at least I didn´t find any Vaicom Pro command for this function);

Option to not have the kneeboard default to the Vaicom Pro kneeboard without having to pin a preferred page.

Jester changing scan range to 25 nm (he rarely does it when asked) (bug?)

At times, I will get a message saying ATC recipient is not a Supercarrier asset when it is (Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln, Washington) (bug?)

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

2 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Option in Vaicom Editor to split functions with a second menú choose. For example, Rio, ATC, Supercarrier, etc.. With almost (in my case more) 1000 words, it is a nightmare sometimes to search for a command.

And add a search function to that! 😉

18 hours ago, Tshark said:

Support for the A-4E and Apache.

These are currently being looked at by the team with a possible fix being tested

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

+ Mirage F1.
Also actively being worked on

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

KNEEBOARD:

o repair briefing (last time i checked, the text got cut off after few words)

o add weather (either top of briefing or separate tab)

o add message history tab (just a copy of the recent core feature); especially useful in missions w/o voice overs, when captions are set to off

o also when text length exceeds page (briefing, message history): add scrolling, or nest additional pages within one tab, if any of this is possible

o clickable tabs

thanks 😊

Edited by HILOK
added clickable tabs
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2022 at 2:36 AM, HILOK said:

add weather (either top of briefing or separate tab)

+1. If this will be a separate tab, can you give us a new plugin API as well (i.e. "kneeboard.tab.ATIS" or "kneeboard.tab.weather"?

On 11/3/2022 at 2:36 AM, HILOK said:

add message history tab

+1. Same...If this will be a separate tab, can you give us a new plugin API as well (i.e. "kneeboard.tab.messages" or "kneeboard.tab.messagehistory"?

On 11/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, triscan said:

Dark Kneeboard

+1.  Opacity control is good, but a full dark mode option would be great.

-----

In addition to what others suggested above, can we get ILS and Tacan frequency tuning for at least the planes that actually have those corresponding systems (A-10c - ILS and Tacan, F-5 - Tacan only, etc.)?  I think right now, you can only tune those in the F-14 with AIRIO.  It would be great to have it work similar to the "Select" radio frequency function, except now maybe you say "Select ILS XXX decimal XX" and/or "Select Tacan XXX x-ray".

Thank you for bringing Viacom back to life!

On 11/2/2022 at 12:00 AM, Scotia said:

Optional Jester wheel

Review of AIRIO NAVGRID and Marker commands, adding a Jettison drop tanks command.

+1

Jester wheel.

I don't know if it works like that already, but perhaps something on the lines:

Jester, Radio, Options > Opens Jester Wheel Radio Menu

Jester, TACAN, Options > Opens Jester Wheel Radio TACAN Menu

Edited by tomcat_driver

• 3 months later...
On 12/21/2022 at 1:37 AM, tomcat_driver said:

+1

Jester wheel.

I don't know if it works like that already, but perhaps something on the lines:

Jester, Radio, Options > Opens Jester Wheel Radio Menu

Jester, TACAN, Options > Opens Jester Wheel Radio TACAN Menu

this x1000000000

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 6:26 AM, WOPR said:

AIRIO:

JESTER: make marker numbers higher than 10 navigation points.  I.e.

To: Map Marker <any number> to [pick your nav taget]

JESTER WHEEL remains active/available.

Long running request.  Don't know that is achievable.  Not recommended as a high priority.

BUG FIX:

Have not confirmed in community edition.

When communicating with carrier, F/A-18C called by mission editor object number unless 'Force NATO' call signs checked on preferences page.

Architecture Enhancement:

Figure out how to add the direct commands as a module in saved games vice direct editing of core lua files in install directory.  This may not be possible in DCS currently, but the goal is worthy.

You the map maker commands just change it to 1.50 (or 60, ect) and it works for me.