Convoy Missions (4 Mission single player set)

Attached is a 4 mission set that takes you through various missions covering a convoy of peacekeepers and civilians that is making its way through hostile territory back to Russian lines.

The missions are aimed at beginner - intermediate and are as realistic as possible without being overloaded on units. They are designed to be played from within the cockpit only.

The action is not concentrated around predefined target areas. The player will have to keep his eyes open during ingress/egress too.

I hope you give them a go and enjoy them.

Ian Boys

Convoy Missions by Ian Boys.zip

• Like 2

Hi Ian, nice that such a well known mission designer has found his way to Black Shark. I just played your first mission and enjoyed it very much. On egress I was shot down though without any indication of enemy action in the debriefing, but I guess that was simply a game glitch.

If you allow me some comments:

I would add a graphics of the flight plan in the briefing section. I first was unsure what I am supposed to do exactly and had to check in the editor for details (fearing that I might spoil the mission for me there).

I did not get a mission success message. I saw you used a message & delay action for this. I assume you thought that message and & delay means the message will display after X amount of time (which would indeed be very handy). Actually the message will display instantly and the timer dictates how long it remains on screen. Because of this you had two messages simultaniously , which means that only one gets displayed and the second one is lost.

Looking forward to play the rest and seeing more of your work.

Ian: TY very much, I'm gonna try em tonite.

Update: spent quite a bit of time on 1 tonite--enjoyed it very much. Love the rising sun and your choice of terrain. I did get a "you got their reinforcements" message along with the intial "crossing frontline".

Update 2: mission 2 was also very cool. I accidentally told my wingie to jettison weapons, so I had to take out one last Bmp hidden in the trees with rockets in a constrained enviroment, hehe. The civilian convoy took a few hits before I calmed the waters. Nice surprise on the way home too.

Looking forward to the remaining versions.

all the best,

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Thanks Ian.

Will have a look tonight at them, i am loving the missions that have been created so far and have put them out for others to play and test.

I want to have a play myself with the ME, but i am kinda lost really.. want to create some MP Coop for me and friends if possible, but i have to get me head around the ME first and how it works.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

Thank you all for the feedback - it's very nice to know people have given them a try and I'll learn from the comments.

Uhoh - on mission 2 it's much easier if you hit them before they reach Achara.

Hehe, I bet it is, but I'm getting paranoid of popping over those low ridgelines at 260 with a few of your manpads lurking on the other side.

I'm on to three tonite, my only sugesstion in 1 & 2 would be to possibly throw in some random enemy heli appearences--maybe that's coming, and maybe on 1 some scenario brings those hinds into the picture.UPDATE: I see you read my mind in 3! best one yet!

The missions are great for my level, TY again.

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Hey Ian - great little mission quartet you've done :thumbup:

I really enjoyed them for the sense of realism you achieved. Not so hard to be frustrating but plenty enough to catch out the unwary :joystick:

The area you chose was excellent also for NOE and terrain masking. On one mission all I heard was a loud bang and looked back to see my wingman bite the dust and some tracers chasing me as I skimmed along the valley floor and around the corner. That lone Strela on the final mission was giving me some grief so I sent my OOA wingman on a sacrificial recon - fortunately he was able to data link the location to me just before he died :devil_2:

Seriously though - great job Ian. I really appreciate your efforts and look forward to your next offering.

Jack

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

• 5 months later...

Thanks Ian brilliant missions. A bit hard for a fairly newbie too many SAMS. I don't think the Georgians would have that many, and i always run out of ammo before clearing the roads. \\\are we supposed to go back to base to refuel?