Black Shark Has A lot To Answer For

Timm

Hi Guys,

Just a small topic. I have been a Flight Simmer for many many years now, mainly flying Helicopters, had MSFS 95, MSFS 2004, and then MSFS X, which I installed and took out straight away like a lot of other simmers and reverted back to FS9. Then I got wind of a new Flightsim on the horizon called "BLACKSHARK" I thought hey this looks awesome, so I kept an eye out on the site to what the latest news was and when it was going to hit the shelves. Well as we all know it came along last year and what a sim.

So DCS you have done what know one has done before after all these years of flight simming and that's put flight simming into another league. I have not touched FS9 since, in fact un-installed it, got both FS9 AND 10 along with the addon pack in a box never to see the light again. As to the attention detail of BLACKSHARK this out strips any thing that MS can give us. So to all at DCS I THANK YOU for one of the best flight sims out there. Timm

Edited by Timm
  • Like 1

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

I had that same feeling years ago when Lock On first came out.....without the "modular" system ofcourse, but it was so much more that all the combat sims that preceded it. I also got a lot of fun out of just creating scenarios and watching it all unfold, without actually flying a plane myself. :smilewink: I have not played BS yet, so I can't comment on the advances compared to LOMAC.....but I guess it's mindblowing.

:pilotfly:

BTW.....isn't this topic supposed to be in the General Discussion?

Core i7 3770K - MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H - 16GB ddr3/1600 - Saitek X45

Yep. I've been flying sims since '84 and the flanker series since the early '90's. In the meantime I've acquired 12000 + hours as a professional pilot. Nothing comes close the what ED have produced including X-plane, which is often lauded, but which I find WAY off for swept-wing aircraft and helos. The Su25 in FC is the ultimate in fixed-wing modeling.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Hi Guys,

Just a small topic. I have been a Flight Simmer for many many years now, mainly flying Helicopters, had MSFS 95, MSFS 2004, and then MSFS X, which I installed and took out straight away like a lot of other simmers and reverted back to FS9. Then I got wind of a new Flightsim on the horizon called "BLACKSHARK" I thought hey this looks awesome, so I kept an eye out on the site to what the latest news was and when it was going to hit the shelves. Well as we all know it came along last year and what a sim.

So DCS you have done what know one has done before after all these years of flight simming and that's put flight simming into another league. I have not touched FS9 since, in fact un-installed it, got both FS9 AND 10 along with the addon pack in a box never to see the light again. As to the attention detail of BLACKSHARK this out strips any thing that MS can give us. So to all at DCS I THANK YOU for one of the best flight sims out there. Timm

will only get better with time .

I played FlightSims since F19 Stealth Fighter back in the 90s :) (when i was "young").

Over the years my interests focused on other thing, but over the last 2 years i am getting more and more back into the cockpits of virtual planes.

Now i own a X52 Pro, a selfbrew TrackIR, some rudder pedals, and more to come.

I really appreciate what you guys delivered with BS so keep on the work and establish that new standard in flight sim.

and....perhaps there is still some room for considerations about a carrier based plane like the F18 ;)

As a budding CPL/IFR pilot myself, I'm amazed to see the job that Eagle did on RNAV and ADF modelling, as well as on the avionics and turbine engine management. Such a shame I won't be able to put much of that to work in real life :). Otherwise I'm enjoying it greatly!

since the good old C-64 i played all flightsims (Spitfire 40, Twin Tronado, Gunship, Falcon, F-16 Fighter Pilot, Strike Eagle, F-19 Stealth Fighter, Super Huey 1 and 2 ..... FS all, Janes F18, Janes Longbow 1 +2, Falcon AF, EEAH, EECH, IL2!, Steel Beast and so on)

But Black Shark is the best than ever!!

ya i know what you guys mean.... i to am a flight sim fan from the stone age..cut my teeth on sims like(com64) f117 stealth fighter,gunship,msfs1,falcon1,15 strike eagle I,II,and III (had the best ft seat / back seat coop)man those where the days ..AOP,AOE,..then came shit like F14 fleet defender,danger zone and then came janes....US navy fighters,ATF,and the in its time the best damn combat sim...JANES FIGHTERS ANTHOLOGY... lol i still have all the stuff in a box..how bout a connect rate of 2800 baud..lol damn i'm get'n old.....5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Actually Tim wrote something I first thought after first few minutes with BS. And I looked on my MSFSX box asking myself "As real as it gets? WTF?". FM in MSFS seems very simplefied compared to how Su25 in FC and the Kamov in BS are modelled. Not to mention damage model (ok, FS is a civilian sim but there is still a lot in an aircraft that can be damaged ;) ). So no I am learning to "fly" again. I've played many flight sims since Their Finest Hour:The Battle of Britain and F29 Retaliator on Amiga to EAW, Il-2 series, LO and BS. And so far FM in DCS is the king;) And if you tell me it is gonna get better... ;):thumbup:

cheers, gonna do some crashing

M

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ya i know what you guys mean.... i to am a flight sim fan from the stone age..cut my teeth on sims like(com64) f117 stealth fighter,gunship,msfs1,falcon1,15 strike eagle I,II,and III (had the best ft seat / back seat coop)man those where the days ..AOP,AOE,..then came shit like F14 fleet defender,danger zone and then came janes....US navy fighters,ATF,and the in its time the best damn combat sim...JANES FIGHTERS ANTHOLOGY... lol i still have all the stuff in a box..how bout a connect rate of 2800 baud..lol damn i'm get'n old.....5x5

I have flown all of those as well....and don't forget Digital Integrations Tornado....remember setting up an attack on an airfield with 4 Tornados all coming in from different directions and hitting at the same time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

When you guys list all the sims that now occupy space in boxes packed deep in my garage, it's another reminder of how great BS really is. I've spent more hours trying to get FSX to look and feel the way I want it to than I have actually flying aircraft in the game. BS takes its spot next to F4 on my desk as games that won't get packed away, and where I've spent a lot more time learning and playing than tweaking the damn thing to feel ... "real-ish-tic".

• 2 weeks later...

Black Shark and the helos in FSX and its Acceleration arent comparable. Im a commerical helo pilot-low hour unfortunately-and in FSX when you input a roll or pitch setting, the helo doesnt discount the input even after you center the joystick. Black Shark, with its attention to minutae, fixes this flaw. this is especially frustrating in the Acceleration when slingloading. Slingloading in Acceleration is however a great application since so much of commercial helo use is with slings. I just wish they could have addressed this simple fault of the joystick centering

• 4 weeks later...
f117 stealth fighter,gunship,msfs1,falcon1,15 strike eagle I,II,and III (had the best ft seat / back seat coop)man those where the days ..AOP,AOE,..then came shit like F14 fleet defender,danger zone and then came janes....US navy fighters,ATF,and the in its time the best damn combat sim...JANES FIGHTERS ANTHOLOGY... lol i still have all the stuff in a box..how bout a connect rate of 2800 baud..lol damn i'm get'n old.....5x5

By Microprose right?? Man I loved that game so much!! I remember thinking how damn realistic it was. Late 80's sometime if I remember running it on my smokin new 386 or 486.

:)

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

• ED Team
Hey... your avatar is a picture of me! :)

:)

I've stare to his avatar and have a feeling that I saw those face earlier. ;)

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

For guys that do a lot of virtual flying the boys over at http://www.vatsim.net/ do some really cool, immersive stuff for FSX/FS9. I know its wishful thinking but sure would be cool if there was a virtual atc like they are doing now in fsx in the future DCS modules. Imagine a multi game with both jets and helos talking to a real person in the tower.

anyway if you are into FSX check out the vatsim stuff, very very cool

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

I have played just about every game listed myself, going way back to the day I got my first high powered computer (IBM XT running an 086 at 8MHZ lol). I got hooked on "simulations" about 18 years ago (Janes hunter/killer 688(i) ) and since then my preference turned to flight sims (primarily helo's like Longbow, Apache, Comanche 4, and any other helo sim I could get).

As the games came and went (if it was a "sim" I would try it, like Iron Beasts, etc), but only ONE sim took the place of perminent residence on my desk, Falcon 4 AF.

When BS came out, I was unsure, but being a helo lover I got a copy. After 3 weeks of wanting to ram my head through a wall out of total frustration, I KNEW this would be the best one yet. I find any game thats easy to master in a couple of weeks soon ends up in a box. I must say this game is the best money I have ever spent.

Hats off to ED DCS for creating the best sim ever, especially in a market place ruled by archade games. Sim players are a special breed, and few in numbers (relitively speaking), and it sure is nice to see a company create something magic for us, the gaming minority.

BS will live beside F4AF as the only two games I spend my time playing. I mean, can it get any better, a great game, a forum where a problem only lasts as long as it takes for someone to give an answer. Cant wait for the next module :-)

Try the Rest, then Join the Best