UPDATE:

October 25th 2023
- shapes not showing - fixed
- stopped shape is now a structure, not a vehicle
- download link is updated below.

version 0.3, November 23rd 2022, by rato65
- initial release

INTRODUCTION:
A large (approx. 100m) Wind Turbine as installed often in the Offshore Wind Parks in the North Sea and elsewhere. Can be used on- and offshore. Rotating or stopped.
Tested with DCS 2.9.0.46801

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wv4q1rn3pwiqa7bz2mjzs/offshore_windturbine_mod.zip?rlkey=eojwf9m0nctwcry0f2s35a68e&dl=0

INSTALL:
Unzip the package.
1. Copy the content of "tech"  (3 folders: "Windturbine_Offshore", "Windturbine_stopped" and "Windturbine_Base_Offshore") into your "Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech" folder.

USAGE:
1. Offshore (rotating):
- in ME under Static Structures/Seafloor-Objects choose windmill_base_offshore and place it into a water area.
- in ME under Vehicles/Unarmed choose windmill and place it on top of the windmill-base-offshore object. Make sure you enabled the model visibility in ME and use a proper zoom to place it correctly aligned.

2. Onshore (rotating):
- search either for a proper flat and leveled ground surface, or make one using i.e. a FARP object.
- in ME under Vehicles/Unarmed choose windmill and place it onto the flat ground or i.e. a FARP object.

3. Stopped (not rotating):
in either of the above scenarios, you can place a non-rotating static turbine. Just choose the windmill_stopped object from ME/Static Structures.

CREDITS:
The 3D model of the wind turbine was purchased by myself as a royalty free model from TurboSquid.

OffshoreTurbine1.jpg

OffshoreTurbine2.jpg

OffshoreTurbine3.jpg

Edited by rato65
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Great rato65.

Sometimes just this little details on missions brings things to a high level of inmersion and fun because people like you are kind enough and want to share his passion to the sim.

Thanks a lot mate.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Not easy to center windturbine with base

I know - but for now it was the only way I found to have the turbines stable, rotating and not moving like a vessel in the waves.

Thanks also every body else for the comments!

Edited by rato65

13 hours ago, rato65 said:

I know - but for now it was the only way I found to have the turbines stable, rotating and not moving like a vessel in the waves.

Thanks also every body else for the comments!

No problem, just have to make several tests to find good position. Great mod 👍

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great! I can't wait to try it! I'm one of those weirdos that could sit and watch one of these windmills all day (with beer if course)!

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 10 months later...

The pics look great. Has anyone had a problem getting the wind turbines to display?

I've put down the wind turbine base and the wind turbine in the map editor, and I can see both objects in ther map editor. When I fly the mission though, the sea base appears but the wind turbine itself does not. Ive tried it w/ both moving & non-moving and no luck either way. 

Thanks!

On 10/24/2023 at 6:06 AM, Cadrock said:

The pics look great. Has anyone had a problem getting the wind turbines to display?

First post download link updated.

There was an issue with the stopped shape, now corrected. Make sure you load the rotating from ME/vehicles/unarmed, and the stopped from ME/static structures/seafloor objects.

Edited by rato65
  • Like 3