F/A-18D multiplayer

Chewmann

3 hours ago, Chewmann said:

I would love to have a multiplayer F/A-18D Hornet in the game.  I would SO pay for this module!  Honestly, I am surprised we do not have it yet.

Hey @NineLine, can you make this happen?  😉  

All D's in Lot 20 went to the USMC

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

4 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

All D's in Lot 20 went to the USMC

I worked on Lot 15s when I was in VMFA(AW)-533 in the 90s.  I know the only US force to use the Deltas was the Corps.  However, there were a few foreign countries that bought and used them as well.  

• Like 1

I always admired the Malaysian 'D's painted up in that dark Gunship Gray color:

malaysian-f-18d-lima-2011-greg-waldron_43368.jpg

Edited by =DROOPY=
  • Like 1

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

This is a great idea, and in my opinion should come before the F-15E. The -D in conjunction with LAU-10 white phos, can really be used for AFAC and interdiction.

You can sort of try it with the F/A-18C at the moment, but having someone to operate the flir pod would really expand the job. 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, exhausted said:

This is a great idea, and in my opinion should come before the F-15E. The -D in conjunction with LAU-10 white phos, can really be used for AFAC and interdiction.

You can sort of try it with the F/A-18C at the moment, but having someone to operate the flir pod would really expand the job. 

Why should it come before the F-15E? The F/A-18D would be an ED project, whereas the F-15E is RAZBAM and is not subject to ED development and release dates. They aren't the same entities. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Clashyjammer said:

Why should it come before the F-15E? The F/A-18D would be an ED project, whereas the F-15E is RAZBAM and is not subject to ED development and release dates. They aren't the same entities. 

Because priorities, and not everyone is going to want the F-15E.

13 hours ago, exhausted said:

Because priorities, and not everyone is going to want the F-15E.

So you want Razbam, who were not involved in making the DCS F/A-18C, to make a F/A-18D instead of the F-15E that they are actually working on? That's the only way your post would make any sense. The alternative would be that you don't understand that ED and Razbam are separate companies, with their own products.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Maybe it would be better if DCS worked on an F-18D before integrating the F-15E. Do you guys just think third parties integrate themselves into DCS? 🤔

The F-15E is just about to launch. How does what you’re saying make any sense?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

13 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Not that what I say will matter, but do the F/A-18D first. It's simple.

You want someone to stop work on a module that’s almost done? 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

You want someone to stop work on a module that’s almost done? 

You said ED isn't developing it, I said the dev can't integrate it by themselves. I also said the F-18D should be made before the F-15E is integrated. Never said anything about stopping the work.

15 minutes ago, exhausted said:

I also said the F-18D should be made before the F-15E is integrated. Never said anything about stopping the work.

Why does it matter if any one module is made or included before another?

If the F-15E (rumor has it) is due to be released this year and an F-18D would be years away, then trying to put the later before the former would indeed mean putting the F-15E on hold. How else would that work?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Why does it matter if any one module is made or included before another?

If the F-15E (rumor has it) is due to be released this year and an F-18D would be years away, then trying to put the later before the former would indeed mean putting the F-15E on hold. How else would that work?

It would work quite well if you want an F/A-18D but not an F-15E.

11 minutes ago, exhausted said:

It would work quite well if you want an F/A-18D but not an F-15E.

Well at this stage it’s not a rational request. Perhaps someone could create an F/A-18D but it will take years to develop. It can’t be integrated before a module that’s nearly complete. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Ok well if you're just arguing to argue then this can go on for years. I would still like to see a -D Hornet as soon as possible, even if it means prioritizing it over other projects like the strike eagle. 

You mean prioritizing over the Apache? Hornet and Strike Eagle are being work on by two totally different companies, Hornet is being made by ED, RAZBAM is making Strike Eagle. This is specific Boeing company license bought many years ago.

36 minutes ago, exhausted said:

I would still like to see a -D Hornet as soon as possible, even if it means prioritizing it over other projects like the strike eagle. 

Well that’s just ludicrous. Whatever… 🙄

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, Chewmann said:

I worked on Lot 15s when I was in VMFA(AW)-533 in the 90s.  I know the only US force to use the Deltas was the Corps.  However, there were a few foreign countries that bought and used them as well.  

and the navy just not in combat

Development time to Sync Cockpit controls and systems as well as the Graphical Assets, would hardly be worth the revenue it would generate.

F/A-18Ds in the USMC were missionized w/ Dual Hand controllers, and no Flight controls.
F/A-18Ds in the USN Remained Tandem Linked Cockpits w/ Dual Flight Controls.
F/A-18Ds in the USN were retired and Given to the UMSC to aid in their fleet readiness problems, and converted to their standard.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs