Pico 4: how to set it up for DCS?

Lange_666

• ED Team
On 12/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, propeler said:

Wifi

- install VD stream app on PC

- buy and install VD app on Pico

- run streaming app on PC, enter your Pico account name in settings.

- run streaming app on Pico, set picture quality

- run DCS

Profit :)

? What do you do with Steam VR? Switch it on first? Do you use Streaming Assistant and/or Pico Link?

27 minutes ago, Jackal12 said:

? What do you do with Steam VR? Switch it on first? Do you use Streaming Assistant and/or Pico Link?

SteamVR is being launched when you start a game in PCVR when using Virtual Desktop. You do not  use Streaming assistant/Pico Link when using the Virtual Desktop solution. 

Also make sure you only download the PC Virtual Desktop application for windows from this sitehttps://www.vrdesktop.net/     -  and not from Steam (that Virtual Desktopp app in the Steam store is not the right one and not for Pico).

You can of course launch SteamVR from the Virtual Desktop app before launching the game if you want, but not nescessary if it is all correctly set up 🙂

Edited by Peedee

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

22 hours ago, Oellness said:

I'm torn between a used 3090 or a new 7900xtx.

I have also a 5800x3d with 64GB RAM and a Pico4.

i have AMD card and i think they are great . software is good too 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

vor 1 Stunde schrieb KoN:

i have AMD card and i think they are great . software is good too 

I see you have not a 7900xt/x. The 7900xt/x shall have problems with vr but i read somewhere that the problems only occour with DP Cable HMDs.

So i'm not sure if i should try a 7900xt/x with my pico 4....

On 3/16/2023 at 9:29 PM, yolandabecool said:

1) Start usb tethering on pico

2) Wait until windows shows new network, accept it

3) Open VD streamer on PC and VD app on Pico (after enabling USB tethering)

4) After VD inside pico connected to your desktop, disable Wi-Fi and it should work

Also make sure to enable USB debugging in Pico settings. Go to setings>general>about>click on software version 7 times and developer mode is enabled>developer tab>set USB debugging on.

RH small.jpg GW vet small.jpg 

"There is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of the correct amount of explosives." Every Demo NCO.

Ryzen 7-5700X, RTX 3060Ti, 64GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD, Asus 5G/WIFI 6 router, Pico 4 wired to router (CAT 8/USB C).

13 hours ago, Pnguin9999 said:

Also make sure to enable USB debugging in Pico settings. Go to setings>general>about>click on software version 7 times and developer mode is enabled>developer tab>set USB debugging on.

Also I found here alternative drivers which supposed prevent BSOD but looking at comments doesn't work for everyone

14 часов назад, Crispy 1-1 сказал:

Also I found here alternative drivers which supposed prevent BSOD but looking at comments doesn't work for everyone

Yep, still BSODs sometimes.

You either can use ethernet to usb-c to avoid usb tethering and BSODs with full VD functional, or gnirehtet instead of usb tethering, but you'll have to disable sound streaming via VD and use external PC headhones because when sound is enabled it reconnects every 5-10 seconds for some reason.

i7-8700k, rtx 3080, 32G ddr4x3600

1 hour ago, yolandabecool said:

Yep, still BSODs sometimes.

You either can use ethernet to usb-c to avoid usb tethering and BSODs with full VD functional, or gnirehtet instead of usb tethering, but you'll have to disable sound streaming via VD and use external PC headhones because when sound is enabled it reconnects every 5-10 seconds for some reason.

Nah, I think I am good wireless. Maybe later I'll buy WiFi 6 router becauce currently I am using WiFi 5 one which is supporting my whole apartment network (it stands next to my PC)

New Pico user here. What i am doing wrong? I have

-VD streaming running

-VD for pico running

- force enable vr on shortcut

But when i click DCS it starts in vd mode, like a big screen but not in real VR? Il2 works like it should.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, DB 605 said:

New Pico user here. What i am doing wrong? I have

-VD streaming running

-VD for pico running

- force enable vr on shortcut

But when i click DCS it starts in vd mode, like a big screen but not in real VR? Il2 works like it should.

If you already have choosed in the dcs world setup in vr settings "enable VR"...I think this is all you need to do. But If its not working try to run by VD launcher.

In the hidden icons in the task bar, near to the clock, you have a virtual desktop streamer icon...right click in the icon... launch game...choose the dcs.exe.

And have a fun! 

Edited by greco.bernardi

2 minutes ago, greco.bernardi said:

If you already have choosed in the dcs world setup in vr settings "enable VR"...I think this is all you need to do. But If its not working try to run by VD launcher.

In the hidden icons in the task bar, near to the clock, you have a virtual desktop streamer icon...right click in the icon... launch game...choose the dcs.exe.

And have a fun! 

Yes, VR is enabled (having used Oculus CV1 since it was launched..)

I did exactly as you said but still no true VR?

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 minutes ago, DB 605 said:

Yes, VR is enabled (having used Oculus CV1 since it was launched..)

I did exactly as you said but still no true VR?

I has a CV1 before the go to the Pico4 like you. And Pico4 is real VR like Oculus CV1 if you only see in 2D screen in Virtual room is because the DCS is not going in VR mode. Is not a Pico fault.

If you are using  in dcsworld the enable VR you not need to use the "--force vr"  thing.

Try to run the launcher by DCS.exe in program files...eagle dynamics...bin... 

Edited by greco.bernardi

3 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

I has a CV1 before the go to the Pico4 like you. And Pico4 is real VR like Oculus CV1 if you only see in 2D screen in Virtual room is because the DCS is not going in VR mode. Is not a Pico fault.

If you are using  in dcsworld the enable VR you not need to use the "--force vr"  thing.

Try to run the launcher by DCS.exe in program files...eagle dynamics...bin... 

Yes, i know it's not Picos fault as il2 and FS2020 are running fine and holy f*cke wulf, they look beautiful after years of low res cv1 🙂

Just can't figure out why dcs refuses to start in vr now...tried that exe fron bin folder but still same problem...

Edit. lol it was stupid pilot error after all, last time when oculus was about to die i switched to monitor mode and didin't check it now because i was so sure it was in vr mode already 😄 Now it works, thanks for the help anyway.  Next thing is to figure out if i can start it with oculus runtime instead of steam vr.

Edited by DB 605
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, DB 605 said:

Yes, i know it's not Picos fault as il2 and FS2020 are running fine and holy f*cke wulf, they look beautiful after years of low res cv1 🙂

Just can't figure out why dcs refuses to start in vr now...tried that exe fron bin folder but still same problem...

Edit. lol it was stupid pilot error after all, last time when oculus was about to die i switched to monitor mode and didin't check it now because i was so sure it was in vr mode already 😄 Now it works, thanks for the help anyway.  Next thing is to figure out if i can start it with ovr instead of steam vr.

In the Single-Thread version you can play your Pico4 in Oculus rutime without SteamVR, but In Multi-Thread DCS will run only in SteamVR/OpenVR as I know... I don´t know if someone can do it run in another way... I will love to know how, because i don´t like to run in SteamVR way...But it works...I have had some problems with screen loads strobling, but it works.

4 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

In the Single-Thread version you can play your Pico4 in Oculus rutime without SteamVR, but In Multi-Thread DCS will run only in SteamVR/OpenVR as I know... I don´t know if someone can do it run in another way... I will love to know how, because i don´t like to run in SteamVR way...But it works...I have had some problems with screen loads strobling, but it works.

I got MT to work fine with Oculus. Take a look here:

• Thanks 2

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

16 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

Unfortunately in my case i got black screen If i try st w/oculus (or mt by changing the registry ). IMG-20230326-125744.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, DB 605 said:

Unfortunately in my case i got black screen If i try st w/oculus (or mt by changing the registry ). IMG-20230326-125744.jpg

I´m ever use my Pico4 by Virtual Desktop... In this way the register change works. Now I´m runnig DCS MT in Oculus runtime without any thing else.

Are you using Virtual Desktop too? 

Its look like Virtual Desktop emulate the Oculus Run time...And it´s possible the reason why you can run Pico 4 without SteamVR to PCVR games.

edit: With the register change ...If I run OpenXR toolkit, DCS will go to SteamVR if not run OpenXR toolkit DCS will run in Oculus Runtime ( It´s not the Oculus Home App )

Edited by greco.bernardi

3 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

I´m ever use my Pico4 by Virtual Desktop... In this way the register change works. Now I´m runnig DCS MT in Oculus runtime without any thing else.

Are you using Virtual Desktop too? 

Its look like Virtual Desktop emulate the Oculus Run time...And it´s possible the reason why you can run Pico 4 without SteamVR to PCVR games.

edit: With the register change ...If I run OpenXR toolkit, DCS will go to SteamVR if not run OpenXR toolkit DCS will run in Oculus Runtime ( It´s not the Oculus Home App )

Yes i am using virtual desktop too. Sorry for stupid question but do i still need vd when playing mt with reg.change?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]