BS3 Trim problem

X_legio

Same here,

tried back and forth, SP and MP, same.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I had this problem and this is what i did to fix it:

1) Go to Options -> Controls -> Ka-50 III

2) Right click each n every column (Ex: Keyboard, Your Controllers, Mouse...) and click "Clear Combo"

3) Remember, do that for ALL the controllers + keyboard & mouse...

4) Click OK n exit the game!

5) Log back in/open the game again...

6) Right click each n every column (Ex: Keyboard, Your Controllers, Mouse...) and click "Reset Combo to Default"

7) Exit the game again...

8 ) Log back in/open the game... GG, it works now...

1 minute ago, samir_dnr said:

I had this problem and this is what i did to fix it:

1) Go to Options -> Controls -> Ka-50 III

2) Right click each n every column (Ex: Keyboard, Your Controllers, Mouse...) and click "Clear Combo"

3) Remember, do that for ALL the controllers + keyboard & mouse...

4) Click OK n exit the game!

5) Log back in/open the game again...

6) Right click each n every column (Ex: Keyboard, Your Controllers, Mouse...) and click "Reset Combo to Default"

7) Exit the game again...

8 ) Log back in/open the game... GG, it works now...

PS: youll need to set the Axis again...fine tune em!

Just "hover" mouse over the red dot and it tells you what the assigned problem is. Easy solved without resetting anything really. At least on my rig it was easy to fix. Really good of ED to mark the conflicts this way, wery helpfull! 🙂

Edited by HiJack

4 hours ago, HiJack said:

Just "hover" mouse over the red dot and it tells you what the assigned problem is. Easy solved without resetting anything really. At least on my rig it was easy to fix. Really good of ED to mark the conflicts this way, wery helpfull! 🙂

on mines, it just showed a red dot, without showing any text; that's why i reset everything!

• Like 1

I am having difficulty trimming the BS3. I am using Instant Trim (default) with no rudder trim.

In the attached track, after takeoff I make a 180 degree turn and then attempt to trim the aircraft.  I hold the trim button down and don't release it until I am stabilized with zero on the vertical velocity indicator.  However, as soon as I hold the trim button down the helicopter pitches down as shown in the track.  A bit later after getting stabilized, I press and release the trim button, but the helicopter pitches up. In other flights sometimes the aircraft will pitch down significantly after pressing the trim button. Additionally, it will bank left or right even after stabilizing the aircraft with zero bank.

What am I missing here?

BS3 Trim Issue.trk

On 12/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, samir_dnr said:

on mines, it just showed a red dot, without showing any text; that's why i reset everything!

Same here, no explanation at all.

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

2 hours ago, Chops said:

I am having difficulty trimming the BS3. I am using Instant Trim (default) with no rudder trim.

In the attached track, after takeoff I make a 180 degree turn and then attempt to trim the aircraft.  I hold the trim button down and don't release it until I am stabilized with zero on the vertical velocity indicator.  However, as soon as I hold the trim button down the helicopter pitches down as shown in the track.  A bit later after getting stabilized, I press and release the trim button, but the helicopter pitches up. In other flights sometimes the aircraft will pitch down significantly after pressing the trim button. Additionally, it will bank left or right even after stabilizing the aircraft with zero bank.

What am I missing here?

BS3 Trim Issue.trk 139.23 kB · 0 downloads

Are you engaging and holding trim throughout the whole manoeuvre? I understand that whilst it's entirely feasible to simply press and release trim once stabilised it's better practise to hold it constantly.

Also you have a fraction of a second after releasing trim to return your physical stick to centre otherwise you will accrue compound cyclic input. This might be the cause of your sudden pitching.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

18 hours ago, Chops said:

What am I missing here?

BS3 Trim Issue.trk 139.23 kB · 0 downloads

Are you letting go of the stick immediately after letting go of the trim button? Essentially the trim button "re-centers" the stick, so if your still holding the stick in the same position, its going to effectively double the input you had before you trimmed. Hold down the trim button, get a nice stable flight with the nose inclined to where you want it, let go of the trimmer button and let go of the stick immediately, ie return it to center. The aircraft should carry on in the attitude you set it to when you were trimming.

With regards to the bank though, I have noticed that on mine. I can trim to perfectly level, ie zero bank, usually have a bout a 10 degree nose down attitude for forward flight, and when the trimmer is released, it'll sit about 2 degrees in a roll to the right. Will still fly perfectly straight, just slightly canted. No idea if this is a bug or the aircraft is doing something im unaware of, like wind compensation or something.

Thanks for the suggestions.  As shown in my track file attached to my post above; when I press and hold the trim button for the first time in the flight the aircraft will pitch down.  I am not releasing the pitch trim until the aircraft is stabilized so it is not an issue of centering the stick.  Later in the flight when pressing and releasing the trim button, maybe I am not centering the stick quickly enough.

It needs to be recentred pretty quickly, I recall reading that you have 0.5s to return to centre but to me it feels a little less than that.  Perhaps eneable to controls overlay (lalt + enter I think?) so it will give some indication of where the sim thinks the stick should be 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.