HMD Ring Displacement not working in VR?

SunDevilPilot
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

The BS3 default helmet sight position is way too high to be comfortable especially if zooming in (appears near top of HUD).

There is a setting in special options, but it doesn't not change the displacement of the ring (unlike BS2). 

Attached are two screenshots, one with minus 15 displacement, one with plus 15 displacement both are at the same location on the screen.

nullAlso attached are the tracks for both settings

image.png

Shark bug 1 - minus 15.jpg

Shark bug 2 - plus 15.jpg

shark bug1 - minus 15 displacement.trk shark bug2 - plus 15 displacement.trk

Edited by TAIPAN_

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

47 minutes ago, TheSkipjack95 said:

Ditto on regular monitor. Sight is too high and doesn't move with ring setting option.
Could it be made adjustable in game too ? Kinda tedious to go reload a mission instead of just opening the special tab in the in game options.

Oh yeah, I'd love an in-cockpit adjustment binding so we don't have to unload, change, reload & check, rinse and repeat.  Something like the seat height adjustment bindings would be great.

11 minutes ago, Flappie said:

As of now, the old Ka-50 setting affects both modules. If you want to change it for BS3, you need to change it for BS2 special options.

Issue reported. 👍

Huh, didn't think of checking that one, thanks! 

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

As of now, the old Ka-50 setting affects both modules. If you want to change it for BS3, you need to change it for BS2 special options.

Issue reported. 👍

Uhh I uninstalled BS2 😞 Will see if there's a hotfix, if not I'll have to re-install it in the new year.

Or can anyone give me the text I need to add to the options.cfg to change it manually?

EDIT: I tried adding the old "["Ka-50"] = {" section to my config.lua by copying it from a backup, but unfortunately DCS deletes that section upon saving. I guess it only works if you keep both versions installed. 

Edited by TAIPAN_

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods