getting coordinates for target points from f10 map

poochies
Go to solution Solved by admiki,

• Solution
24 minutes ago, poochies said:

is it possible to get the correct position coordinates from targets on F10 map to enter as TG points  into TSD ? Thank you and happy holidays !

Just move your mouse over target and read coordinates on top left side of the window. You might have to change coords type, depending on your settings.

Edited by admiki
  • Like 1

Press LALT+Y to cycle through the different coordinate types.

Also, there’s a utility called “The Way” that will automate transferring multiple points from the F10 map into the TSD. It is handy for setting up waypoints in NAV mode, then clear those out and setup some TGT points in ATTACK mode. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, Floyd1212 said:

Also, there’s a utility called “The Way” that will automate transferring multiple points from the F10 map into the TSD. It is handy for setting up waypoints in NAV mode, then clear those out and setup some TGT points in ATTACK mode. 

Just looked up “The Way”.    WOW!

Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

16 minutes ago, poochies said:

will the scratch pad do MGRS coordinates if I'm sitting in apache

Simply press LAlt+Y (or LAlt+Z if you use a german keyboard layout) to switch through different coordinate types in the F10 map.

Optionally you can switch the types by clicking directly on the coordinates in the F10 map (top left).

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

6 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

In the Apache, if you are in NAV Mode, it will add the points as waypoints.  Switch the TSD over to ATTACK Mode and it will add your points as generic TGT points.

You sir are a genius ! Thanks for all the help I really have to watch some good videos on the TSD and making CM's WP's and TG points ..... Hey at least I got the flying down pretty good ! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, poochies said:

I really have to watch some good videos on the TSD and making CM's WP's and TG points

If you haven't already seen, I strongly recommend the excellent AH-64D TSD turorials from @Wags:

1. TSD Basics,
  2. TSD Points and
  3. TSD Navigation.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

On 1/1/2023 at 3:56 PM, poochies said:

wow thanks lots of options, will the scratch pad do MGRS coordinates if I'm sitting in apache ? I tried the way but it adds them as waypoints not target points guess I could change those on mfd 

yes, it gives the coordinates in all 3 formats, standard

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, Floyd1212 said:

Do you know if that works in VR?

12 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

I do not have VR, so I have not tried myself, but I have read elsewhere that it does not work in VR.

Nah it does not. Or, it works but yo don't have a reference pointer on the map to be sure which point you are liftingthe coordinates from. Better to use scratchpad in VR for now. 

• 6 months later...

The solution with the least amount of work installing and learning mods, is to use a new feature.

• Go to the F10 map.
  • Find the unit, who's coordinates you want to have.
  • Zoom in on the unit to get the highest amount of precision.
  • <LAlt><LClick> on the unit.
    • This will cause a pop-up to appear with the coordinates in all formats.
    • The pop-up remains until you click the button on the pop-up, even if you <F1>

<F1> Back into the cockpit and use the coordinates as required.

Advantages: No outside work.

Disadvantages: You can only work one point at a time, which can be very tedious.

---

I cannot suggest "The Way". It seems to be somewhat buggy, and if you are willing to use a mod, there is a better solution, IMHO.

---

Scratchpad is the github link. Here is the forum thread: In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

It works perfectly, and with the latest update, can insert all kinds of points into your board computers on the click of a button.

Not all aircraft are supported with the feature in insert points, but it always works to collect any number of coordinate points on the <F10> map into it's own Scratchpad file, which you can edit in-game as you wish (like using any simple text editor) or between session with any text editor on the Scratchpad files. What more could one want?

Oh, did I say that it works brilliantly in VR?!

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

5 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

I cannot suggest "The Way". It seems to be somewhat buggy, and if you are willing to use a mod, there is a better solution, IMHO.

An updated release from a week or two ago fixed several issues.  Working well for me now.

6 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

[Scratchpad] works perfectly, and with the latest update, can insert all kinds of points into your board computers on the click of a button.

So Scratchpad can now transfer the points into the TSD like The Way is doing?  I'll have to give it another look, then.

• Like 1

Scratchpad got rewritten a couple months ago to accept plug-ins.

Draken35 wrote some plug-ins, which add a keyboard and inputting the points into the board computer on a number of aircraft, not all, but including the AH-64.

From my testing, it works very well. Just read the README and follow the instructions. It's quite impressive.

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In F10 view, place mouse cursor over your point of interest, then L-Alt and L-Mouse click. A small blue circle will appear at your point, and the Coords box will appear.

You can click the "Copy" icon to the right of whichever coord format you want, or click the COPY button on the bottom to copy every format to the clipboard.

In your Control Options page for UI Layer, assign a button/command for the "Paste From Clipboard to Kneeboard", then use that command to paste into the Kneeboard.

If you note how many pages in the Kneeboard before you paste (the first time) you will see (in my case) there are 66 pages, after pasting I now have 67 pages. The new page 67 has all the data I just copied.

Then rinse and repeat

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by andyfoot
  • Thanks 2