I´m dissapointed from BS3 .....

Schlomo1933

No it is no bug.

Laser burn out is a thang! It really is a Thing!

You need to time your shots and take the 30 mins cool down when doing a reload at the farp.

Every weapon has its Achilles' Heal and the mighty KA-50 has a large Achilles' Heal... a serious lag in technology.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

8 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

INU is totaly wrong. And if it is cool to have "realistic INU" in theory, in practice, KA-50 is a modern helicopter with glonass : On BS2, INU is recalibrated with glonass every 5 minutes. It is realictic on a modern helicopter... Manual realignment of the INU should only be necessary if satellite coverage is absent or the device is damaged (no more Glonass). Except with BS3, they simply removed the satellite registration. So, in the end, the device... Is less realistic than BS2!

nah the INU was never implemented in BS2 despite there was not a single "not functional" in the manual related to it,it just simply don't drift and works like a magic GPS.

There was also no GPS auto-update to the INU in the BS2,and that's also the reason why the PVI800 and the autopilot can't use the flight plan you put in the ABRIS.

The INU don't drift in BS2 is due to it's not modeled,not the GPS update.

The ka50 is modern but not that modern,more like an AH-64A.

But I agree that the INU in BS3 is really buggy now,and there are still missing features like PVI800 STM mode and INU Emergency Alignment.

Screen_230121_111105.jpg

Screen_230121_111019.jpg

inu.JPG

And I kinda don't like that advertisement

"Also, for the first time in DCS, a physical model of the Inertial Navigation System (INS) has been implemented with all features including: alignment before the flight, drift error accumulation and the ability to correct according to preset fixpoints."

We got this since the Mirage 2000 got released back in 2016. And also the F-14. Maybe the shark will get a better INS model(after the bug fix),but it's definitely not the first time.

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

20 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

Just read the Bug reports of us in both forums. (BS2 and BS3)

I've read some of your bug reports. Some of them are valid, but none of them are major game breaking bugs. To my knowledge, Shark 3 has a couple major bugs (like INS) and a few minor bugs (like english cockpit translation issues, fixpoints 3 and 4 being mixed up etc). Devs promised to fix the major bugs as well as a bunch of minor ones already with the next patch. But a lot of other "bug reports" there are trash.

20 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

and the laser burnout is no bug

What's your source?

vor 44 Minuten schrieb SnuggleFairy:

Devs promised to fix the major bugs as well as a bunch of minor ones already with the next patch.

Where did they say this ? Source ? 

And that the laser is only desingned for shooting of 12 Vikhrs or 20 minutes activ was/is  mentioned in the manuals from BS1 and 2. Its because the Laser needs be cooled from a cooling liquid. And if its empty, the laser burns out. But its possible to refuel the liquid when u rearm the shark.

2 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

Where did they say this ? Source ?

2 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

And that the laser is only desingned for shooting of 12 Vikhrs or 20 minutes activ was/is  mentioned in the manuals from BS1 and 2. Its because the Laser needs be cooled from a cooling liquid. And if its empty, the laser burns out. But its possible to refuel the liquid when u rearm the shark.

Uhm, not sure where you got that idea from. I don't see that in any of the manuals. It's designed for 5 series of 16 cycles in each series, with a 5 second cooldown between cycles and 30 minutes between series (source: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/168736-bag-s-vihrjami/?do=findComment&comment=3359770 ). Except it doesn't work like that. There's a temperature/durability value that constantly go up with each use, and in my testing it burns out consistently after 24-30 Vikhrs plus some cannon work, no matter what pauses you take. And the "coolant" never used to get refilled with the rearm. It gets fixed with repair, but you could only trigger the repair if something else was broken in addition to the laser. They fixed that recently - you can trigger repair with burnt laser

Edited by SnuggleFairy

18 hours ago, Akiazusa said:

nah the INU was never implemented in BS2 despite there was not a single "not functional" in the manual related to it,it just simply don't drift and works like a magic GPS.

Yes it does work like GPS and has a dance, and initially even during the rendering, it's position is Simferopol, Krim, which is at coordinates 0,0 for "Caucasus" map.

@SnuggleFairy

what is with the missing contrast lock and the missing cockpit sealing and so on…. 
for a Modul in 2023 it’s way too much missing. 
And to say the shark has no game breaking bugs, that is just not true. When then heading bug occurs , it’s not more possible to hit targets with the gun. Because it aim many degrees left or right from the target. Don’t know if this is related to the INU Bug or the heading and auto turn to target Bug. 
For multiplayer missions is the shark 3 unusable. Especially if you need to setup your waypoints manually in the abris and PVI-800. 

so many people switched back to BS2 for the moment. Because they’re in no official roadmap which features will be included in future. And nobody knows how long it will take to fix those bugs. 

I would understand that many bugs exist if it’s the  shark first release.
But this is only an update of an old modul. 
Ed was talking about countless hours they put into this update. That’s a bad joke with such important bugs. How it was possible to not recognize? 
Also that are no proper manual comes with release. 
that’s a mix of BS2 and BS3 with now many wrong informations. Also the training missions are not synced with the manual and tell us complete different methods . 
the training missions are not even complete in the same language. In the nav tutorial there are 3 different languages used….. (now I understand why it’s called BS3) 

Do you really can’t understand why some people are disappointed?

On 1/23/2023 at 12:04 PM, Schlomo1933 said:

@SnuggleFairy

what is with the missing contrast lock and the missing cockpit sealing and so on…. 
for a Modul in 2023 it’s way too much missing. 
And to say the shark has no game breaking bugs, that is just not true. When then heading bug occurs , it’s not more possible to hit targets with the gun. Because it aim many degrees left or right from the target. Don’t know if this is related to the INU Bug or the heading and auto turn to target Bug. 
For multiplayer missions is the shark 3 unusable. Especially if you need to setup your waypoints manually in the abris and PVI-800. 

so many people switched back to BS2 for the moment. Because they’re in no official roadmap which features will be included in future. And nobody knows how long it will take to fix those bugs. 

I would understand that many bugs exist if it’s the  shark first release.
But this is only an update of an old modul. 
Ed was talking about countless hours they put into this update. That’s a bad joke with such important bugs. How it was possible to not recognize? 
Also that are no proper manual comes with release. 
that’s a mix of BS2 and BS3 with now many wrong informations. Also the training missions are not synced with the manual and tell us complete different methods . 
the training missions are not even complete in the same language. In the nav tutorial there are 3 different languages used….. (now I understand why it’s called BS3) 

Do you really can’t understand why some people are disappointed?

Yeah I hear what you're saying, and I see why people are disappointed with the BS3 release. ED definitely dropped the ball on this one. But, in my opinion, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I, personally, haven't touched the Shark 3 since I discovered the INU bug, because i don't want to fly it in this state. But I have full confidence in ED to fix it. But getting angry on the forums doesn't help anybody. Doesn't help you, or me, or ED. So let's do some bug reports and ED will eventually go through them, that's the best we can do. We all want the module to be better - we paid for it

I've gone back to the BS-2 as the BS-3 keeps turning away from the target. I'm a bit disappointed that they still haven't released a fix for this.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

vor 38 Minuten schrieb SnuggleFairy:

Yeah I hear what you're saying, and I see why people are disappointed with the BS3 release. ED definitely dropped the ball on this one. But, in my opinion, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I, personally, haven't touched the Shark 3 since I discovered the INU bug, because i don't want to fly it in this state. But I have full confidence in ED to fix it. But getting angry on the forums doesn't help anybody. Doesn't help you, or me, or ED. So let's do some bug reports and ED will eventually go through them, that's the best we can do. We all want the module to be better - we paid for it

I’m not angry, but disappointed. And we try to find many bugs as possible. But the missing response from devs and mods in the English forum makes it not better. 

3 minutes ago, Schlomo1933 said:

I’m not angry, but disappointed. And we try to find many bugs as possible. But the missing response from devs and mods in the English forum makes it not better. 

My assumption is that work on solution is in progress. The BS2 where this got forked from was itself not ideally implemented. E.g. ABRIS during each state change starts 0,0 coordinates, and get updated only later to the actual GPS location. This can cause unexpected issues that users do not perceive normally (e.g. when you wish to access ABRIS in programmatic way to load the route). In such cases developer has often option to "workaround" problem by making it less obvious/visible without actually fixing it, or do the proper rework of the components that do not work properly. The later takes more time, and I would prefer solution to workaround even if this means waiting for another 3-6 months.

21 hours ago, SnuggleFairy said:

Looks like INS and auto turn have been fixed. Datalink is still a little off, but it's usable and possibly realistic

Just updated to 2.8.2 and in fact the auto-turn has been fixed, it works like it used to. Now I can go back to flying BS 3 🙂

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

42 minutes ago, Eisprinzessin said:

My anger grows from day to day that I putted my money in BS3. Even it was not a big amount it was defenetly touch for a thing I can't use.

I feel bamboozled tbh

Understandable, but why did you buy into it in the first place? I mean, its really not the first time ED did a incomplete , buggy and rushed rollout of a module/update and sometimes I do wonder why people are still so fast to  throw their money at them unquestioningly after EDs track record , instead of waiting how good/complete it actually is in release state and how much bugfixing attention it gets from ED.  Low price or not .

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Snappy:

Understandable, but why did you buy into it in the first place? I mean, its really not the first time ED did a incomplete , buggy and rushed rollout of a module/update and sometimes I do wonder why people are still so fast to  throw their money at them unquestioningly after EDs track record , instead of waiting how good/complete it actually is in release state and how much bugfixing attention it gets from ED.  Low price or not .

Because it is Version 3 of this module and i expected a really 99 % finished, polished module with a pilot modell and so on.

What we got is even worse than the predecessor.

• Like 1

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

I just flew a mission, "no Alignement but fixpointing" in the ME selected and right after the Start the Ahark flyes 30 ° off somewhere but not in the direction to WP 1 where i placed my first fixpoint as well. Maybe the enormous distance of 8 km ist to big?

Sorry, BSIII releasing in this state is nothing more than a cheek.

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

2 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

I just flew a mission, "no Alignement but fixpointing" in the ME selected and right after the Start the Ahark flyes 30 ° off somewhere but not in the direction to WP 1 where i placed my first fixpoint as well. Maybe the enormous distance of 8 km ist to big?

Sorry, BSIII releasing in this state is nothing more than a cheek.

Alignment works well for me after the last update. Are you on open beta and have the latest patch installed? Upload your track here, showcasing the problem, and I can take a look

Edited by SnuggleFairy

Beta with latest patch installed. Have Track not saved, i will try in afternoon. 

Alignement was fast. Means: After deisapearing letters in the HUD i went on with duty. How is it now? How long takes your alignement process?

Specs:

Just now, Eisprinzessin said:

Beta with latest patch installed. Have Track not saved, i will try in afternoon. 

Alignement was fast. Means: After deisapearing letters in the HUD i went on with duty. How is it now? How long takes your alignement process?

Fast alignment drifts with pitch and roll angles of more than 10 degrees. You need to do normal or precise alignment