8 hours ago, slipstream21 said:

When’s the release date?

I'm expecting it by the end of 2023 or beginning of 2024. Thats been the release dates of the Hind and the Apache in the past

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

What I've learned about ED releases is that they look for a close release after announcement (within 1 year +- a few month). Third party devs on the other hand are different. They shouldn't announce anything until it is ready to be included in release cycle.

• Like 2

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

3 hours ago, MemphisBelle said:

I'm expecting it by the end of 2023 or beginning of 2024. Thats been the release dates of the Hind and the Apache in the past

Wasn’t the AH-64 announced in the 2021 New Year video and went into open Beta March 2022? I seem to remember it was pencilled in for Q4 2021 and people got angsty though… 

I hope they add the C maybe as pay (down)upgrade since it saw a lot of action from Vietnam to Iran-Iraq, Falklands all the way to war on terror.

I might skip this until they add the C

Edited by ustio
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm inclined to agree.

Personally, I think I'm going to pass on this one - it seems to be a very modern ICH-47F (it at least has what looks like LOAM V2 underneath it), which doesn't really fit with anything else we have right now.  A CH-47C covers more scenarios and a CH-47D better fits with the Apache (in the same sorta way that the Hip fits the Hind).

Edited by Northstar98
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

would love to see ED lean more into multi-variant modules like a couple 3rd parties have and deliver an early 47D or C after the F is out, i really like the idea of getting a chinook in DCS but the F doesn't do much for me

Edited by snocc_
  • Like 3

el articulo 140 de la constitucion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nah man, screw old  version  Ch47.  Why would they start with an old version and wait another few years before they would add the latest upgrades just  as what happened with the KA50 ?  Just make the latest F model with its full capabilities with options to strip it down to the lightest version as preferred.  We have a lot of old gear flying around in DCS already  lets have some more modern aircrafts before this becomes a old aircrafts club.

Edited by Clyber

2 hours ago, Clyber said:

Why would they start with an old version and wait another few years before they would add the latest upgrades just  as what happened with the KA50 ?

Because it's almost certainly easier to sell a later version as an upgrade, than an earlier one. They've done this with the Ka-50 twice and again with the A-10C so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

What hasn't been done yet is going newer and then selling an older version later. HB comes close with the Tomcat, but the older variants are bundled in as one.

Just make the latest F model with its full capabilities with options to strip it down to the lightest version as preferred.

?

We have a lot of old gear flying around in DCS already  lets have some more modern aircrafts before this becomes a old aircrafts club.

I have no idea how you figure this, DCS is never going to be exclusive to older aircraft.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Nah man, screw old  version  Ch47.  Why would they start with an old version and wait another few years before they would add the latest upgrades just  as what happened with the KA50 ?  Just make the latest F model with its full capabilities with options to strip it down to the lightest version as preferred.  We have a lot of old gear flying around in DCS already  lets have some more modern aircrafts before this becomes a old aircrafts club.
I don't get if you're sarcastic or just totally out of touch.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Clyber said:

By the sound of your post, the newest airplane we got entered service probably before you was born, . So it is an old aircraft club. 
But I accept and respect your opinion on the matter. I know many here wanting newest possible version of it, I get that, I still buy it.  and it would have a lot of work to do. 
I wasn’t “ordering” ED to make a Vietnam era Chinook. I was expressing what I wished for. 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:37 PM, AC_Snowman374th said:

Yeah we need Vietnam missions. Where's Vietnam?.. As much as we pretend to be there, the map should have been made by now. And we could have a bad arse rescue and attacks missions etc.. Man I get excited thinking about it. Because I make missions or? too.. Trying to make some similar.

CH-46 too

Vietnam and Korea has confirmed by ED. And now, has other maps on progress, has only a matter of time...

• Like 1

In one of the videos I think it was explained why we do not have the Vietnam map. 
I do not remember what exactly was said but they simply do not have tha map tool yet. Elevation of water or something. 
big problem with big rivers 

• Like 1