Audio book about Hellcat?

Gunfreak

I go through audio books at a rapid pace, as I see to our dogs and of late shovel our way too long driveway. 

I've listen to several books about Pacific air/navy war, mostly as a lead up to the corsair. I'm listing to Neptune's inferno now. But I need something related to later air war with the hellcat. Anyone got any recommendations in audible? Just searching hellcat or f6f gave me zero hits.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

Unfortunately I don't think there are any audio books specifically about the Hellcat as of right now... maybe in the future! The plane and its pilots rightfully deserve one LOL

I tired finding books on later carrier operations(invasion og guam. Battle of philippine sea. But audible doesn't appear to have any book on that.

Sadly just don't have time to read proper books these days.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Wildcats, Zeros and Hellcats - WWII

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B06ZYCCYQM/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

You would need a Amazon Prime Membership to watch Buy or Rent the Video. Then just play it and listen but Amazon Prime has Documentaries on the subject. 

Kamikaze pilots used fighter planes called Zeros. The Americans fought with Wildcat planes, but the Zeros had the advantage in dogfights. When Grumman built the F6F Hellcat, the Zeros met their match. In the Battle of the Marianas, 'The Turkey Shoot', the Japanese lost 356 planes to the Hellcat's 16. This was the beginning of the end for the Japanese kamikaze pilots.

Edited by DishDoggie

• 2 months later...

I recently listened to an audiobook about the Hellcat aircraft used in World War II. It was really interesting to learn about this powerful fighter plane and the pilots who flew it.

The audiobook had lots of great information about the Hellcat's design, speed, and armament. I learned that it was a huge improvement over the earlier F4F Wildcat and was instrumental in helping the Allies win the war.

One thing that really stood out to me was how skilled the pilots had to be to fly the Hellcat. They had to be able to handle high speeds, sharp turns, and dogfighting with enemy planes. It made me appreciate the bravery and dedication of these pilots even more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the audiobook and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about the Hellcat aircraft and its role in World War II.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emmanueltrixo said:

I recently listened to an audiobook about the Hellcat aircraft used in World War II. It was really interesting to learn about this powerful fighter plane and the pilots who flew it.

The audiobook had lots of great information about the Hellcat's design, speed, and armament. I learned that it was a huge improvement over the earlier F4F Wildcat and was instrumental in helping the Allies win the war.

One thing that really stood out to me was how skilled the pilots had to be to fly the Hellcat. They had to be able to handle high speeds, sharp turns, and dogfighting with enemy planes. It made me appreciate the bravery and dedication of these pilots even more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the audiobook and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about the Hellcat aircraft and its role in World War II.

What was the name of the book and where did you find it? Thank You Also.

• 1 month later...