MH-47G

Zboboinator

I guess a MH-47G will to too classified…….but the refueling probe would be a nice option added for the CH47 version we get from ED👍

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

As much as I would love to have the MH-47, it is most certainly too classified. But at least the version we are/might be getting is pretty much as close to an MH-47 as you can get without it actually being an MH-47. Same as you corbu, I hope we can get an aerial refuelling option even though it would not be realistic. If anything just for the possibility to showcase the new basket physics whenever those arrive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, corbu1 said:

….but the refueling probe would be a nice option added for the CH47 version we get from ED👍

I did some searching, but haven't been able to find a list of AAR capable Chinook variants. I know I've seen UK versions with probes and wiki tells me certain MH-47 variants are equipped with a refueling probe.

So which variants are AAR capable?

Would certainly be an awesome feature to have, but if this is only limited to a small number of (maybe even classified) variants, chances are slim we'll see it in this module I suppose. Although I love ED's (helo) modules, ED is not really known for deviating from realism. If their particular type doesn't have a certain feature in real life, they don't add it in their module. Only deviation I know of, is the option to change weapon laser codes from inside the cockpit. But, for instance, they don't add a drag chute to their C Viper (which also makes sense). But let's see what they come up with 🙂 (al just speculating here because I'm excited about the announcement, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, whatever variant they release)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Would be fantastic. But highly unlikely.
Fat body tank, refuel probe, extra rear M240, better defensive suit.
We might get some modders to add some "attachments" to fake a MH47 in the future.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

2 hours ago, Gruman said:

Would be fantastic. But highly unlikely.
Fat body tank, refuel probe, extra rear M240, better defensive suit.
We might get some modders to add some "attachments" to fake a MH47 in the future.

About what you and @jnr4817 are saying:

Is it at all possible for modders to add/change something to an official module?

I don't think I've ever seen that (then again, I hardly use ant mods)

Lol, we only saw a few seconds of the Chinook in a video and we are already talking about mods for it. Gotta love this forum 😆

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Should be possible. Some added CFT's to F16, some added wingtip tanks to F5's and other examples. I think most of them were added as "weapons" from the loadout screen.
If the ability to refuel could be added, thats a whole other topic.

• Like 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 3 weeks later...

I expect we'll see at least three gunner positions (left/right/ramp), but I hope we'll also get the left/right rear gunners as with some MH-47s (total of five gunner positions). Bonus points for M-134, M240, and M3 options as gunner armament. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:26 AM, ANDR0ID said:

I expect we'll see at least three gunner positions (left/right/ramp), but I hope we'll also get the left/right rear gunners as with some MH-47s (total of five gunner positions). Bonus points for M-134, M240, and M3 options as gunner armament. 

There might be some people in the community who are willing to look into the possibility of making an Armed Chinook mod 😄

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

• 11 months later...

Might be possible, the MH-47 has been used for awhile, kinda like the MH-60 there is most certainly multiple variants of the MH-47 and possibly a converted CH-47F version.  Though I won't hold my breath on getting it on release or soon after with the release of Mirage F1 and HB F-14 A/B we have been seeing modules come out with multiple versions of the aircraft.

• Like 1

I had to look it up the MH-47G is essentially the same helicopter as the CH-47F. Same avionics, same engines, etc the only difference is the MH version gets terrain following radar, weather mapping, FLIR, AAR probe, and extra gunners. Nothing too classified.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...