New VSN F-4B/C

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if you really want to enjoy the F-4B/C mod, I can recommend the following multi-player servers:

1. StreakEagles Vietnam (VSN) Servers. Great missions, really cool made and perfect for the timeframe.

2. BurningSkies Foothold/CommandCentre/Pretense Servers. Lots of mods availabel (F-4B, F-4C, F-104C/G/S/S_AG and a lot more). No introduction into Foothold or Pretense needed. Awesome missions even made better by Chazz with some cool add-on functions. BUT you will need to pick your fights, or you will go up against a Su-33...hhhmmm...challenging 😉

3. Hooligan's ColdWar Server. Nice, fitting cold-war scenario to get some good AtoG or AtoA missions done. Definitely deserves a visit.

4. TaktLwG66 Pretense ColdWar: Yes, a ColdWar mission by Mr.Foothold himself, with added F-4B/C and F-104G and all that on stable (for everybody who does not like to see that nasty little DCS-crash window all to often)

On none of the above servers will you get punished for making mistakes while learning the F-4 or F-104. But they are really a lot of fun and you can fly the Phantom in AtoG, SEAD, CAP or CAS missions...you like it, you can have it.

Cheers and enjoy the phantom...

P.S.: Little "micro" update on the way regarding the radar-set...just very tiny but may be a bit more immersive than the one we have right now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 10/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, UN9249 said:

anyone knows if they fixed falling gears into the deck?🤔

Yes and no. The updated version 2.8.4.200 is a bit better on the SC than the previous version. But if you are really heavy and go very slow, you will still fall through the cracks of those blast-walls. Cure is simple, don't be that heavy or go a bit quicker 🙂

Problem should not be around on the Stennis or Forrestal Not-SC Carriers...

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, pavelpilot said:

I watched all the videos about this wonderful mod, but I can’t figure out how to lock on to a target when using missiles like the AGM-45 Shrike?

AGM-45 shrike needs a few things:
1. be sure the missile selector rotational is in the "OFF" position.

2. master-Arm (conv.ON) in the upper position.

3. Weapon-Selector to "single"

4. station-selector to inboard-wing

you should here a humming tone, a bit like a sidewinder. Once that tone changes to a higher pitched growl, the seeker of the Shrike "smells" a Radar-source.

Of course, if you have a lot of radar-sources in the same directions, there is no way to tell which one the shrike targets...

And, I almost forgot, you need to fly into the direction of the source. Keep the source you want to target right infront (12oClock on the RWR). The shrikes look slightly down, so try some slight nose up/down movements to achieve a lock.

Easiest way to practice: Set a mission with an EWR, put a waypoint on the EWR, set the NAV-Rotational on the front-nav-console to NAV-COMP. Dial the Nr. of the waypoint viy the HSI Course-Set-Rotary. The Heading-Bug will show you the direction in which you need to fly, the range-window (bottom left of HSI) will show you the range to said wp. If everything is right, you will have the heading bug at 12oClock and the radar source in the RWR at 12oClock and you can start experimenting how you have to point the nose of the plane to achieve a lock.

• Like 2

В 13.10.2023 в 13:53, PeeJott17 сказал:

AGM-45 shrike needs a few things:
1. be sure the missile selector rotational is in the "OFF" position.

2. master-Arm (conv.ON) in the upper position.

3. Weapon-Selector to "single"

4. station-selector to inboard-wing

you should here a humming tone, a bit like a sidewinder. Once that tone changes to a higher pitched growl, the seeker of the Shrike "smells" a Radar-source.

Of course, if you have a lot of radar-sources in the same directions, there is no way to tell which one the shrike targets...

And, I almost forgot, you need to fly into the direction of the source. Keep the source you want to target right infront (12oClock on the RWR). The shrikes look slightly down, so try some slight nose up/down movements to achieve a lock.

Easiest way to practice: Set a mission with an EWR, put a waypoint on the EWR, set the NAV-Rotational on the front-nav-console to NAV-COMP. Dial the Nr. of the waypoint viy the HSI Course-Set-Rotary. The Heading-Bug will show you the direction in which you need to fly, the range-window (bottom left of HSI) will show you the range to said wp. If everything is right, you will have the heading bug at 12oClock and the radar source in the RWR at 12oClock and you can start experimenting how you have to point the nose of the plane to achieve a lock.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I have no problem capturing the missile by changing the tone of the beep. However, the missile is flying off target. Unfortunately I have no way to hit the target. I have also tried lowering the nose for better target lock. But no luck so far. 
Could you do a video tutorial on this topic?

Edited by pavelpilot

On 10/15/2023 at 12:56 AM, tset19 said:

anyone know the discord

https://discord.com/invite/EbVQ86T2C4

@pavelpilotwhen the Tone changes, the shrike achieved lock. When launching, it launches slightly upwards, so try lowering the nose slightly, so it will not loose the radar-source.

The shrike kept its target when it starts lofting slightly...

That is about it...

5 часов назад, PeeJott17 сказал:

https://discord.com/invite/EbVQ86T2C4

@pavelpilotкогда Тон меняется, сорокопут достигает блокировки. При запуске он слегка поднимается вверх, поэтому постарайтесь немного опустить нос, чтобы он не потерял радиолокационный источник.

Сорокопут удержал цель, когда начал слегка подниматься...

Вот об этом...

Thank you I will try to test it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get the arresting wire to come off of the hook after landing. I've been at it for hours. Very rarely it works , the rest of the time the wire drags me all the way back and never lets go.

Youtube:

I think I found the glitch that is causing my problem.  Note about this video:

I have tested this with two different Thrustmaster Warthog throttles. It happens with both.

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh

10 hours ago, 4H_Ccrashh said:

I can't get the arresting wire to come off of the hook after landing. I've been at it for hours. Very rarely it works , the rest of the time the wire drags me all the way back and never lets go.

Youtube:

I think I found the glitch that is causing my problem.  Note about this video:

I have tested this with two different Thrustmaster Warthog throttles. It happens with both.

Just putting this out here as this MAY possibly be related to this issue as well.. But, only way to test would be to roll back to 2.8 unfortunately. Also, I know you tried with a back-up throttle but might see if clearing old Keybinds in the Saved Games folder and resetting them might help again the work of resetting them would suck but never know.. Oh, one last edit! Could you try another video but this time bring up the Controls Indicator to see if your bindings match 1:1 (Right Cntrl + Enter) ?

Edited by KrazyPilot

Rig Specs: 34" 3440x1440 Monitor - CPU: Ryzen 7800X3D - GPU: XFX RX 7900 XT Speedster MERC 310 - MOBO: GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX -

SSD: WD BLACK SN-850X 2TB + SN-770 2TB - RAM: 6000Mhz 64GB

Hi,

DCS open beta: 2.9.0.47168,

the newest standalone version: VSN_F4_V.2.8.4.200_standalon produces: Mission cannot be saved due to errors! Invalid frequenzy 127.5 Mhz

Created fast mission with this version works fine.

an older version: VSN_F4 v2.8.1.01 standalon works fine too.

nevertheless excellent addon.

Spoiler

Hallo guys.

We made a little patch.
Here are the changes involved:

3d:
- possibility to hide copilot with custom-Arg.
- possibility to change pilot and copilots helmets to "old school" helmets with custom-Arg.
- different helmet and pilot liveries possible
-> please check example_description.lua in download

sounds:
- advanced Aim-9 search and lock sound by @pallino66
- new RWR sounds by @pallino66  for:
  - ground-radars track
  - aircraft track
  - aircraft launch

systems:
- new radar-set display:
 - added ground-clutter
 - added antenna-elevation chevron
 - added radar-range-scale outside scope
 - added horizon-line
 - added background-noise
 - changed iff-symbol
 - changed contact-symbol
 - added radar-sweep-line (wip)

- new RWR symbology:
 - no more symbols, just lines:
  - lenght of line shows emitter-strength (longer is stronger)
  - dotted line -> aircraft
  - dashed-line ground-radar track
  - solid-line ground-radar search
  - blinking -> launch

cockpit:
- added radar-grid-brightness knob (clickable)
- added radar-display brightness-function to HUD-brightness knob

Loadout:
- F-4C added 2x AGM-45A + B on outer pylons

You can download the patch here:
https://drive.filen.io/d/19d512d3-9ca0-4c88-ad3a-6854b8712283#N3qWPKjyiZmU7aa6hK29IZnT9bifvBAr

If there are any questions: I'll be making a little cockpit drawing the nextdays and if it feels as if there is a need, I'll make a short video.

Cheers,

PeeJott.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

I just downloaded (with Waterfox/Firefox) - all working as it should.

PS - @crazyeddie I  had that sort of error on other archive downloads - usually means the download is corrupted.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

5 minutes ago, cgian said:

Hi to all.

Is there a quick guide on how to install that patch?Sorry i am noob.

Do you have the previous patch?  If so, just download the new patch and drag the files into your VSN F-4 Mod folder (or whatever you call it) and overwrite all the previous files.  Don't delete the files in your F-4 folder since the new patch does not include some of the base files, because it is a patch.

38ee0371959adcbe2a9d60f8fdb086cf.jpg

• Like 2

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

seems to make 2 input folders?

image.png

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm also getting no radio detected errors. then thrown back to the main menu.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Everything is working for me.

Here is what I downloaded and just dragged the folders and files into my VSN F-4 Mod folder and overwrote what was needed.

Here is the cockpit with the updated radar, ranges and RWR.  Thanks for everything PeeJot17 and the VSN Team!!!

Screen_231119_164056.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by Geschirre
  • Like 1

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg