New VSN F-4B/C

this mod doesnt work, there is still no F4 phantom in my icons the VSN F4 icon is there but no flyable F4?

the instant mission is non clickable, and I cant find it (F4).

its in my User file

as I look at the file for the VSN F4B, inside the file its missing all the module model sub folders.

f4vsnf4bc.png

missing all the module required F4 package for the plane.

f4vsnf4bc2.png

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

2 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

his mod doesnt work, there is still no F4 phantom in my icons the VSN F4 icon is there but no flyable F4?

its in my User file

as I look at the file for the VSN F4B, inside the file its missing all the module model sub folders.

Strange, I just tested it and works fine here, these are my folders:

iBqb88o.jpg

The Module Manager recognizes it:

XzRdSoU.jpg

and the instant action mission works as expected:

wQG5w3E.jpg

Maybe you downloaded the liveries package instead of the Mod? ... check here:

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

48 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Strange, I just tested it and works fine here, these are my folders:

iBqb88o.jpg

The Module Manager recognizes it:

XzRdSoU.jpg

and the instant action mission works as expected:

wQG5w3E.jpg

Maybe you downloaded the liveries package instead of the Mod? ... check here:

So I didn't have the module, this should be explained, as I couldn't find this module in DCS User files, or here on the forums. 

so confusing which one the patches? or the one at the bottom then the patches?

f4vsnf4bc23.png

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

14 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

so confusing which one the patches? or the one at the bottom then the patches?

f4vsnf4bc23.png

I use the v2.8.2.103 Mod ... the ones at the bottom of the list are older versions: 2.7 and 2.5

The one named "F4 liveris" are additional skins and their installation is optional.

The one that says "patch" is for upgrading the prior v2.8.1 to 2.8.2 .. I don't see the point really, as the patch is almost as big as the new version itself 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use the v2.8.2.103 Mod ... the ones at the bottom of the list are older versions: 2.7 and 2.5

The one named "F4 liveris" are additional skins and their installation is optional.

The one that says "patch" is for upgrading the prior v2.8.1 to 2.8.2 .. I don't see the point really, as the patch is almost as big as the new version itself 🙂

is this correct patch and install of the others?

iscorrect2.png

its working, but the Nevada instant is only A10A no F4.

Don't need a long run way took of from Sochi, the F4 seems to have a frication issue where you have to pull very hard to get off the ground.

and no weapons clean take off, very heavy she felt like.

a10aonly.png

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

On 2/1/2023 at 4:43 AM, Rudel_chw said:

yes, there have been three patches already:

Patch Notes 29Jan23
EFM:
-    exaggerated pitch-up fixed -> flaps ½ will lead to slight pitch down on takeoff. Flaps up will have a pitch-up tendency when full fuel is loaded. Full flaps will deliver a good bit of pitch down.
-    exaggerated stall changed -> Plane will stall, but will enter a flat spin a lot later. Once in a flat spin, no chance of recovery. Spinning speed, when entering spin on alt. still to fast, but a minor problem, see above 😉
-    horizontal stabilizer authority reduced due to AoA -> stab will feel +5/-5 ° AoA more than real AoaA due to down-wash. Stab will be effective beyond stall, but not much, since effectivity decreases at high AoA (back stick at high AoA low effectivity, front-stick at high AoA full effectivity and vice versa)
Systems:
-    Trimm-Gauge implemented (left-front-panel)
-    Off/inactive signs added to standby and main horizon
-    Nozzle-gauges show right/right and left/left
-    “All” Stations for rockets do work, BUT all stations need to hold rockets. If a station does not hold rockets, ALL will probably not work. Select Station pairs in that instance.
-   Gun-Pod is not droppable anymore since it is way to expensive to just drop it somewhere 😉
-    Wing-Tanks and Center-Tank is droppable, but needs to be selected through Station-Selector
-    Faster movement of radar-carrot
Animation:
-    Burner Left/Left and Right/Right corrected
-    Nozzle Left/Left and Right/Right corrected
-    Seat-Hight adjusted
-    Mirrors adjusted (no more fisheye)

3d:
-    Suspension adjusted (a noob like me could make 3 landings (Forrestal/SC/Forrestal) in a row without braking the gear. If you can’t do it...well, practice makes perfect ;-))

Where can I find the link to the F-4B and F-4C? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Timex 3

1 hour ago, Timex3 said:

Where can I find the link to the F-4B and F-4C?

2 hours ago, seabat said:

Anyone else missing the texture or shape circled in red?   Not sure if it is something I did with a lua or not.   

VSN_F4 v2.8.2.103 standalone is the version I am using.

seabat

ROK F4.png

Check on their Discord I saw that PeeJott made a fix for this issue.

https://discord.com/channels/511944472230232074/1067480006126751805

Edited by MEBF109

Has anyone else had the issue of this mod not working in track files. In every track file I have ever created with this mod the plane crashes. Now, I know what a track file is and I know that they just record inputs and such and that they don't always work as expected. But, with this mod it's different. I mean no matter what I did originally, this plane always takes a wrong turn or something and crashes.

...any advice is welcomed.

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2

F-4 Phantom in DCS is a dream come true for me.

Downloaded and installed this version VSN_F4 v2.8.2.103 standalon.7z and the livery pack from same site.

Also went through the YT tutorials

My heartfelt thanks to the developers and tutorial creators..

Can anyone here guide me to discord ? New to discord so will muddle through it.

Thanks

Manish

Edited by openfalcon68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, openfalcon68 said:

Can anyone here guide me to discord ?

https://discord.gg/vjuSmtTR

Hi and hallo.

Sorry for beeing very quiet on this forum. For everybody interested in the developement of the VSN F-4B/C MOD:

An update is approaching with some new stuff in it:
- Ripple-Timer-Switch (0.06, 0.1, 0.14)
- Cluster-Drop-Mode (kind of pairs in ripple)

- clickable Radar and RWR-switches

- clickable Warning/Shrike/Sidewinder-tone-volume rotary

- Shrike targeting system

- Radar-Cues:

- DynamicLauncheZone-Circle

- Closing-Speed-Circle

- IFF-response indication

Navigation:

- TACAN navigation (only for fixed map-objects like airfields NOT for placeable objects)

- ADF navigation

- Waypoint-Navigation (12 WP)

to name a few.

Here are the links to the videos present:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, PeeJott17 said:

An update is approaching with some new stuff in it:

Thanks a lot for keeping improving your Mod, I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to try a new version 👍

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have used the VSN F-4B/C in game with no issues, but now the F-4B/C don't even show up on the mission editor? I have reinstalled everything but I can't get the Mod to work, or even show up in the Mission Editor! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Timex 3

On 6/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, 71st_Mastiff said:

this mod doesnt work, there is still no F4 phantom in my icons the VSN F4 icon is there but no flyable F4?

its in my User file

f4vsnf4bc.png

missing all the module required F4 package for the plane.

f4vsnf4bc2.png

I'm experiencing the same! The F-4B/C worked perfectly fine, but now it wont show up in the Mission Editor??

Timex 3

7 minutes ago, Timex3 said:

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have used the VSN F-4B/C in game with no issues, but now the F-4B/C don't even show up on the mission editor?

Maybe you have the historic filter enabled?

2KXgb0h.jpg