TOM's little modelling corner

TOMCATZ

Hello,

I've been on the road for a while. In the meantime, a lot has happened. I am completely surprised by the new exporters for models and the new, fatastic possibilities one has now for DCS. It has hardly anything to do with the good old Lock On times. 

Here I would like to present a few small things that I have built for my installation of DCS. As always, everything is low-poly. So please don't expect miracles.

BTW:
I am not a good modder. I have no talent in creating structures, folders and LUAs.

Therefore: If someone wants to integrate these files in his mod - you are highly welcome! 
All files uploaded by me are exclusively created by me and may be passed on, changed and modified.

The battle trench for infantry and guns

These small 3d models create battle trenches for the infantry. Funnily enough, they are not just a visual object - they actually offer the infantry a much higher level of protection! 

Screen-230128-110442

Since I have deposited a small collision model, projectiles bounce off the trench walls. Through small openings the infantrymen can act on their targets, showing only a small sillouette. Typically, however, such trenches are also created to protect the crews of SAMs, airfields and the population. 

Screen-230127-150921

Camouflage net

As simple and basic as a camouflage net may seem - the effect is not insignificant! New camouflage nets not only hide equipment and troops visually - they also reduce reconnaissance possibilities with RADAR or INFRAROT. Since I don't have a helicopter (Apache or KA50), I can't say whether my model can annoy the FLIR. But at least the optical reconnaissance could be more difficult for the pilots now. If you use the camouflage nets correctly ... 

Screen-230128-110809

Screen-230127-163752

Screen-230127-161915

Generator with light pole TP5A4

I have often wished for a small mobile light mast because on most airfields in DCS it is dark as a bear's ass at the LAST CHANCE at the latest. The TP5A4 is a small diesel generator with a light mast and can easily be placed in the EDITOR. 
This gives the technical staff the chance to see something that is certainly not bad from a safety point of view.

Screen-230129-145817

Screen-230129-145921

Screen-230129-145942

Here you can download the models and textures:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9415onrtkxfhybf/TOMS-EQUIPMENTs.rar/file

STAND ALONE "SAVED GAMES"-MOD by HAWKEYE60:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ber3h5iepylnrbi/TOMS EQUIPMENT V 1.0.rar?dl=0

Make Safety Copy first! Better save than sorry! 

Simply insert the EDMs into TepTexture/BAZAR/Shapes.
CAUTION: This will replace hoops and flags that are available in the editor for God knows what reason! 
Please insert the textures in BAZAR/TempTextures. 

In the editor, the models can then be found under Structures- Tyres with Flag or Flag.

Okay- I hope you enjoy experimenting with it and maybe one or two ideas will inspire you. I wish you happy landings!
Cheers
TOM

TOMS-EQUIPMENTs.rar

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Nice work Mate!

I will take a look see.

Perhaps a saved games mod could be made instead of the main sim install?

I will see what is possible. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

With your permission, I would like to post a working saved games mod here.

These look GREAT!

Nice job!

I will change a few names to prevent any conflicts. What say you?

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

One model is not working. But the other three look awesome!

See here,

A stand alone saved games mod!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ber3h5iepylnrbi/TOMS EQUIPMENT V 1.0.rar?dl=0

Screen-230130-105503.jpg

Screen-230130-105506.jpg

Screen-230130-105509.jpg

Screen-230130-105515.jpg

Please make some additional objects!

You show Talent!

I can teach you how to make static mods.

Or Follow the mod structure when I post the Mod.

And Thank you!

We never have enough talented modders!

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

WOW! Thank you very much for your fast step in and your kind words.

Yes- you have the permission to do what you want with the models. I could create more - Just need ideas, Wodka Red Bull and time. ☺️

Cheers mate!

Tom

Edited by TOMCATZ

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

nice Mod, I like the trenches. Nice Targets for small rockets. Missed this a long time in the game.

What is to do to get the lights shining? Any special?

And a small request: Make a small prefix for the name, e.g. TC_trenches. This make it way easier to find them in the ME.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very good achievement, thanks to the author for sharing. But at the same time, I also found some small flaws. I found that there seemed to be an invisible wall in front of the trench, and there was a certain distance from the trench. The opponent's shells or bullets hitting the wall would be "stopped", unlike As shown in the author's picture, you can directly hit the "bunker itself", which is a bit fake in effect. I don't know what caused the problem.

Edited by daviddou80
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello. Also found the same problem. You cannot pass through the trench and also shoot over it because of invisible wall catching all of your rounds.
And also my AI ground units always attack structure ground objects instead of attacking units, despite to direct commands in ME.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

In 2018, I worked on some mercenaries for DCS. That was a long time ago. I don't know why, but in the last few days I've been remembered for no reason. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about equipment or weapons - everything can be mixed and matched. 

And despite the fact that the animations are still far from being good and I'm not a helo rider, I'll try to work on this little project. 

Cheers

TOM

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 3

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW!

That would be maybe the door opener for more interesting mods. 😃

So far- I put some more polygons on the models, worked on the bump textures and animations :

Screen-230813-122317

Screen-230818-195626

Screen-230818-200242

Screen-230818-200528

Screen-230818-193900

Cheers

TOM

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

All i did was to create a custom livery to other objects which are parts of some very popular mods (specifically: SAMs Assets pack and Massun92's assets pack). There you can find a lot of revetments and HESCO fortifications/towers very useful for creating SAM sites, FARPS etc. All these objects are meant by default to be used in a desertic landscape as their "foundations" (the bottom parts that touches the ground) is a sandy textures. I just replaced that sandy texture with the grassy texture you used in your trench.
You might want to create a "sandy foundation" livery for your trench in order to make it usable in Syria, PG, Sinai maps too. I'm happy to do that for you if you're busy with other creations.

I personally think your trench would deserve to be further expanded into a proper mod pack, ie you should release a modular set of trenches and revetments that would allow the mission builders to build long fortifications with much variety. Don't let the AI's stupid behaviour put you off, nobody would ever expect DCS AI to interact with a quirky mod in a logically consistent way.. 😂

Edited by Coupon4Coffin
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

This is more a test run and all is on own risk - means: make a safety copy first because some files have to be replaced. The version from last night had some buggs I fiwed. (downed soldiers stayed with hands up - Max was not available for western infantry)

Toms little soldiers (updatedversion):

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE

replaced will be the georgian infantry and the russian infantry version 1. 

There are different liveries for both soldiers so that a squad can be presented more or less.

Animations - ED is in charge of that, so I made the neccesary ones as good as I could. For tactics ... well ... Do your very best in Mission Editor. 

Here some pictures of what I talk about:

Toms-Soldier-Comparison01

Screen-230922-203108

Screen-230922-214231

Screen-230922-214644

Screen-230922-210434

Screen-230922-215112

Screen-230922-203504

And because of this is my work - Here is the permission to modify, share, use - As allways.

Thanks for helping me and Cheers

TOM

Edited by TOMCATZ
updated version
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

On 2023/8/16 at AM9点02分, Coupon4Coffin said:

对于任何可能感兴趣的人,我为 SAM 站点资源包模组中的护岸 创建了一个“草”制服由于它们与TOM战壕具有相同的基础纹理,因此可用于构建设计更复杂和多样化的防御工事线。

DCS 2023-08-16 01-36-04.png

DCS 2023-08-16 01-11-38.png

DCS 2023-08-16 01-14-04.png

DCS 2023-08-16 01-37-40.png

DCS 2023-08-16 01-38-57.png

DCS 2023-08-16 01-39-19.png

How can I get these livery?

Если не ошибаюсь, в далеком прошлом, во времена LockOn-1 Вами был разработан интересный мод авианосца "Кузнецов". Есть ли планы на что-нибудь подобное в DCS?

On 8/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, Coupon4Coffin said:

All i did was to create a custom livery to other objects which are parts of some very popular mods (specifically: SAMs Assets pack and Massun92's assets pack). There you can find a lot of revetments and HESCO fortifications/towers very useful for creating SAM sites, FARPS etc. All these objects are meant by default to be used in a desertic landscape as their "foundations" (the bottom parts that touches the ground) is a sandy textures. I just replaced that sandy texture with the grassy texture you used in your trench.
You might want to create a "sandy foundation" livery for your trench in order to make it usable in Syria, PG, Sinai maps too. I'm happy to do that for you if you're busy with other creations.

I personally think your trench would deserve to be further expanded into a proper mod pack, ie you should release a modular set of trenches and revetments that would allow the mission builders to build long fortifications with much variety. Don't let the AI's stupid behaviour put you off, nobody would ever expect DCS AI to interact with a quirky mod in a logically consistent way.. 😂

Did you share the modified livery for the SAM Assets anywhere? 

• 2 months later...