Unable to map "External Cargo Unhook" to Hotas

The "External Cargo Unhook" is not mappable to the Hotas. One has to use either "External Cargo Pilot Unhook" or "External Cargo CoPilot Unhook" (aside from auto unhook) depending on where you are seated. This means two key binds or a modifier/switch. "External Cargo Unhook" via keyboard works whether you are in Pilot or CoPilot seat. So it would be great if they allowed this command to also be mappable to the hotas.  

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

8 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

The explanation in the OP was missing. Please read OP. 

Yes Sorry I seen the OP I just don't understand the need for this. I can't see a need for not being a Pilot or Copilot in control of the Cargo. I'm failing to see the point of this. Sorry for that. Crew members in the back seat can't release Cargo in real life in a Huey so I'm puzzled as to why the need? My fault not yours. 

1 hour ago, DishDoggie said:

Yes Sorry I seen the OP I just don't understand the need for this. I can't see a need for not being a Pilot or Copilot in control of the Cargo. I'm failing to see the point of this. Sorry for that. Crew members in the back seat can't release Cargo in real life in a Huey so I'm puzzled as to why the need? My fault not yours. 

It's for convenience when you are Pilot or CoPilot (nothing to do with rear crew). Currently, if I am Pilot, I have to map a button for unhook (= "External Cargo Pilot Unhook"). When I am CoPilot, I have to map another button for unhook (= "External Cargo CoPilot Unhook" since "External Cargo Pilot Unhook" will not work and vice versa). If they allowed us to map "External Cargo Unhook", then one button would have been enough as unhook with this command works for both Pilot and CoPilot. Not a big deal, just wanted to save buttons on the hotas. I mean it would have been neat to have that option. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 5 months later...

+1 on this and all similar cases. Whenever I can use a key, why can't I use a HOTAS button too and vice versa. There are many instances of this bug in many modules and the inconsistency is frustrating.

About this one specifically, this is an example of how multi-crew binding for Huey is not very well designed. Why do I need different bindings for the "same" button on another stick? I can't actuate the button on the partners stick anyway - just try it, bind the Pilot Unhook, switch to 2, press it - it doesn't move (or is it just a visual sync bug and it works? I don't know). In any case, there should be one binding for the same button on both cyclics and it should work depending on where you sit. OR two separate control sections, so we can define the same button for each of the "same" buttons on both sticks. Current setup makes no sense at all.

• Like 4

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• 2 months later...