A lot of fuctions on HSI is still missing

=BoB= David

Hello,

a lot of fuctions on HSI still missing / not simulated, like OVFLY, NAV CK, REF WP, VEC etc... For example OVFLY function on F-16 is simulated / working, however F/A-18C Hornet has been released for more than year earlier and still nothing.

Thanks.

Edited by =BoB= David
  • Like 3

• ED Team

Hi, 

these are not announced features. 

We will complete what we have planned first before we consider wish list items. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

43 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

thank you

And when did you change your approach to that? I thought ED (and other third parties) wanted to make complete machines (except for undeclared features for sure) By the way, OVFLY is a very practical feature what really SHOULD NOT missing. I'm rather disappointed that the way the A-10C for example is done / made is not reflected in other / newer modules regarding to that roadmap..

Edited by =BoB= David
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

thank you

? Those functions that the F-16 does have, like the OVFLY, are NOT on the vipers roadmap, and they are implemented, so that answer doesn´t mean anything🧐

• Like 6

16 hours ago, =BoB= David said:

For example OVFLY function on F-16 is simulated / working, however F/A-18C Hornet has been released for more than year earlier and still nothing.

You can create a overfly mark point in the Hornet by hitting the "MK" button on the HSI or SA Page without a target designation.

19 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

You can create a overfly mark point in the Hornet by hitting the "MK" button on the HSI or SA Page without a target designation.

That's not what they are talking about. It's a different AP nav function that at least was working.

OVFLY and REF WP do work last I checked

13 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

That's not what they are talking about. It's a different AP nav function that at least was working.

OVFLY and REF WP do work last I checked

No, they dont.

14 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

I am not speaking about markpoints..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tholozor said:

HSI wind is already reported: 

thanks, but according to @BIGNEWY's reply, i am not sure, if ED is planning to implement it. and i dont consider this to be just a "wish list item"

14 hours ago, Akiazusa said:

Is the wind calculation taken from INS too? Maybe it will start working when the INS is fully done.

usually this is how it works. that's why the a/c must be moving through the air to get a readout. and hopefully yes, that would be a good opportunity to implement it 😀

• Like 2