Sortie 4 issue?

I am not having a lot of luck with sortie 4. First few attempts my flight just kept circling the airfield well past the time to set course. Then one time it worked and my flight set course appropriately, however after we got to the channel to cross my whole flight just - dissapeared and were no where to be seen.

Anyone experience this with this mission? Or if someone could check it for me would be very grateful.  I am going to keep trying but I have no idea what happened to cause my whole flight to just dissappear like that...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok so next time I tried it was the charm, have now successfully completed sortie 4. I must have somehow missed the AI climbing like crazy once we got over the channel. I managed to keep them in sight this time, albeit they kept increasing the distance between us. No matter how hard I try I just can not climb at the same angle and speed as the AI can. I try to maintain an angle that gives me app 165 Mph but even at that the AI just keeps increasing the distance between us. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

Thanks much I am sure that will be a big help!
I think I have been being a bit too timid with my engine when climbing.

• Like 1

Don B

• 3 months later...

Did anyone try Sortie 4 on latest open beta?

For me, only red group takes off, others start moving then stop, looks like they block each other while trying to taxi. Had same problem when I follow my leader or I try to wait.

Now I see comment that flight just continued to circle the airfield, I think I had same problem, but didn't wait longer to confirm. Maybe that's causing it, they are waiting for others and they are stuck.

41 minutes ago, Blackbird7 said:

Did anyone try Sortie 4 on latest open beta?

For me, only red group takes off, others start moving then stop, looks like they block each other while trying to taxi. Had same problem when I follow my leader or I try to wait.

Now I see comment that flight just continued to circle the airfield, I think I had same problem, but didn't wait longer to confirm. Maybe that's causing it, they are waiting for others and they are stuck.

Please post a track

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/325027-your-ai-flight-wont-take-off/

@Reflected Here are two tracks, showing different problems. First with described problem. Maybe I gave GO signal too fast?

I tried again with somewhat slower start and this time everyone taxied without problem. But again as with sortie 1, all planes behind me made suicide at takeoff. Is there problem with runway 23? I didn't have such problem in sorties where takeoff is on runway 30.

So tomorrow I'll try again with slow start and then waiting for everyone to takeoff before me.

beware-sortie4-fail1.trk beware-sortie4-fail2.trk

• ED Team
14 hours ago, Reflected said:

Thanks for the tracks!

@[ED]Obi could you please have a look? These takeoff issues have been plaguing the Channel map for too long. Thank you.

If you have found a legit issue make sure to report it in the CBT section. Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@Reflected I got through the sortie with workaround (must be last to takeoff).

But still, mission had strange feeling, like it's mixed up with some other.

Briefing says "It's a brilliant day today", but it was cloudy.

During flight (before engaging FW-190s) there were voiceovers about ongoing fight and how someone is shotdown. Also someone said he's leaking glycol and lead told him to go home. But nobody was shot down or turned back. Did I misunderstand something, is this meant to be like hearing some radio messages from faraway flights?

At the end, we get orders to head back home, but I lost them and returned alone. Later in Tacview I saw I was lucky to lose them, because they turned back east.

I have a track if needed.

I have the same take off problem. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:57 PM, Blackbird7 said:

@Reflected Here are two tracks, showing different problems. First with described problem. Maybe I gave GO signal too fast?

I tried again with somewhat slower start and this time everyone taxied without problem. But again as with sortie 1, all planes behind me made suicide at takeoff. Is there problem with runway 23? I didn't have such problem in sorties where takeoff is on runway 30.

So tomorrow I'll try again with slow start and then waiting for everyone to takeoff before me.

beware-sortie4-fail1.trk 15.78 MB · 0 downloads beware-sortie4-fail2.trk 17.55 MB · 0 downloads

The Ai take off on a bearing of 300. Unfortunately they are not sat at the  base of 30. They line up and skip accross the grass 1 by 1 into a hanger. 

There's lots in the news about AI taking over the world, I'll only start worrying if they get airborne. 

Great campaign, I had to step back and really perfect my skills, the main one being to check my six and how to turn at high altitude. Using a haptic seat really helps, you can feel when you are doing a perfect turn and the wing is partly stalling. 

Yes, campaign is great! When you learn how to handle weird things that AI does, missions are enjoyable and great for learning the Spit. I'm only in sortie 5, but I see how much I improved over this period.

I do have problem with doing a good turn and had some rare unexpected stalls. Interesting idea about haptic seat regarding this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blackbird7 said:

Yes, campaign is great! When you learn how to handle weird things that AI does, missions are enjoyable and great for learning the Spit. I'm only in sortie 5, but I see how much I improved over this period.

I do have problem with doing a good turn and had some rare unexpected stalls. Interesting idea about haptic seat regarding this.

The haptic seat is a must with the Spit and the Huey, the effects are modelled so well. I have just read a few Spitfire memoirs to get me in to the whole WW11 thing and they all mention the forgiving wing vibration prior to a stall. 
Rare stall, you're doing much better than me, up at 20,000ft + I found it hard to avoid them which was why I had to go back to the drawing board and learn the spit properly.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, vapor721 said:

Noticing the same issue the others have reported. Attached the track. Great campaign so far, hopefully there's a resolution to this so I can see the rest of what you've put together. Also loved your Paradise Lost Huey campaign, great job!

beware_beware_sortie_4.trk 18.66 MB · 0 downloads

Many thanks for the track, appreciated! I'll forward it to ED.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...