Will the next plan be La-11 ?

zyss

I-16 -- The first single-wing fighter of USSR in WWII.

La-7 -- The one of the most famous fighter of USSR in WWII.

La-11 -- The last generation piston-engine fighter of USSR.

Although La-11 didn't so fast as La-9, but it was more modern, more automated equipment, gyro aiming, pressurized cabin. It will more easier operation and more comfortable than La-9. It's also the main piston-engine fighter of USSR and PLA at Korea.

From La-7 to La-11, although the flight model is very different because the laminar wing, but there are many same equipment of them, like Ash-82FN engine, it will reduce the works of the new plane.

So, maybe the La-11 will be a very good choice for next plan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 12:29 AM, greiffer said:

Another ORPHAN?! MIG17 IS BETTER!!

Some other potential 3rd party is already working on the MiG-17.  Or at least that’s what they promised for last year.  Orphan?  Huh?

I also vote for La-11.  Would be nice to have that 5 hour range in such a small package, that is still maneuverable at mid to low altitude.

Some other potential 3rd party is already working on the MiG-17.  Or at least that’s what they promised for last year.  Orphan?  Huh?
I also vote for La-11.  Would be nice to have that 5 hour range in such a small package, that is still maneuverable at mid to low altitude.
None Potencial, new 3rd Party with a ED aproval and confirmed new project into DCS World.

About Octopus-G has better continue centred on WW2, as build a Mig-3, il-2, Tu-2 or similar aircrafts after La-5

Enviado desde mi CPH2197 mediante Tapatalk

Personally, I'd really hope OctopusG's next bird will be that Su-17M4 they have teased a year or two ago. If not that, I'd be happy to see more WWII aircraft from them, either more Soviet warbirds like Yak-9U or Yak-3 for late war, or Il-2, Pe-2, I-153, or as an opponent to I-16, a Bf-109E-7. Or even that An-2 they have made for another sim earlier 🙂

La-9 or La-11 doesn't make it to my list though, I'd prefer anything above rather than those.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 2 weeks later...

I will say. After La-7 launch, OctopusG will keep finishing Su-17M and probably as side work, he will do another soviet WWII as La-7 companion. Any Yak-9 sound good, but IL-2 will be more reasonable to work as CAS. Soviet ground forces Asset Pack is really needed. No mention yet a Crimea/Stalingrad map to simulate Sevastopol and Stalingrad siege, doing so the Donbas WWII terrain will be in between both battlefield and could be double use for current conflict simulation. But, Maps is a different task and probably Octopus is not in that field, dont know.

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]