Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

53 minutes ago, djuice said:

Type 22 Missile Boats, a bunch of YJ-83s to saturated AEGIS system on Allied/US warships, nice!

You are 100% correct. 👌🏻

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

Looks new and unusual for DCS!

Yep, and makes for a pretty devastating swarm attack. I think they have eight of them in a group, which means 64 antiship missiles fired from 180 km per group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Currenthill, thanks for your hard work and the great assets you upload!
I also join those of us who would like to see a model of the SAM S-500 Prometey to be able to intercept hypersonic missiles at a greater distance and also replace the older SAMs.

I also suggest an asset that not many know about it, in the Malvinas/Falklands war the Argentine army designed a launch car to fire an Exocet missile from the ground for the first time in history.

S-500 Prometey.jpg

Exocet Malvinas-Falklands.jpg

Exocet Ground Launcher.jpg

• Like 6

@currenthillbug report for the Type 022.
- For the Yj-83, when the missile pop's up in the terminal phase it goes through full vertical nose down through full vertical nose up oscillations.
- The "roll-up" doors on the missile quad packs do not close when the threat is eliminated. Once open, they never close - don't know if this is intended (aka a spring loaded open) or a bug

1 minute ago, Noahmoore said:

@currenthillbug report for the Type 022.
- For the Yj-83, when the missile pop's up in the terminal phase it goes through full vertical nose down through full vertical nose up oscillations.
- The "roll-up" doors on the missile quad packs do not close when the threat is eliminated. Once open, they never close - don't know if this is intended (aka a spring loaded open) or a bug

I make the pop-ups erratic and extreme on purpose. To simulate a more complex final maneuver that the missile would have in real life. Especially since we can't move it laterally which would increase its Pkill enormously. 

The doors are configured correctly, they open on alarm state red and close on green. But it's up to DCS to determine if they go back to green. And I've found that ships in DCS have a tendency to not go back to green as land assets do. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NicoRS said:

Hi Currenthill, thanks for your hard work and the great assets you upload!
I also join those of us who would like to see a model of the SAM S-500 Prometey to be able to intercept hypersonic missiles at a greater distance and also replace the older SAMs.

I also suggest an asset that not many know about it, in the Malvinas/Falklands war the Argentine army designed a launch car to fire an Exocet missile from the ground for the first time in history.

S-500 Prometey.jpg

Exocet Malvinas-Falklands.jpg

Exocet Ground Launcher.jpg

I believe Razbam is working on the exocet launcher.

d56c9eccde21db2d6a9dbdbe2e1c3bf71653338b.jpeg

• Like 6

Currenthill:is it possible to implement several radar scanning modes with different search angles, scanning beam width, data processing speed, and what other functions can air defense radars change there?so that the player can switch these modes. What is ECM=0.5-how does it work and if you change it to more or less-what do we get?           there's a person above asking to make a C-500🤣,better if possible-

IMG_9926.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 7:44 PM, currenthill said:

A little teaser...

Skärmbild 2023-06-18 194333.jpg

👍

so next then the: RCH 155 (Remote Controlled Howitzer 155 mm🙂

then we need the "SMArt 155"

"Think Modern Combat" hehehe

Edited by Mapi

23 hours ago, ivan-ivanov-1902 said:

Currenthill:is it possible to implement several radar scanning modes with different search angles, scanning beam width, data processing speed, and what other functions can air defense radars change there?so that the player can switch these modes. What is ECM=0.5-how does it work and if you change it to more or less-what do we get?           there's a person above asking to make a C-500🤣,better if possible-

IMG_9926.JPG

There are some parameters to play with in regards to radars in DCS, but they are pretty basic. The ECM parameters determines the ECM burn through.

16 hours ago, Mapi said:

👍

so next then the: RCH 155 (Remote Controlled Howitzer 155 mm🙂

then we need the "SMArt 155"

"Think Modern Combat" hehehe

I actually spent some time trying to implement SMArt 155 (and BONUS). But haven't found a way to do it yet. 

29 minutes ago, kolpakov_79 said:

su-70 okhotnik-b It's time to put it into operation)

Thanks for the suggestion. 👍🏻

• Like 1