Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

8 hours ago, Gundamator said:

Exactly, I've had a Type 22 FAC take out 8 NSM's fired at it, its pretty bonkers considering CIWS is supposed to be last ditch.

The gatling/rotary gun based CIWS can be pretty effective, at single targets. They fire an enormous amount of projectiles in a very short amount of time. A subsonic antiship missile will have to rely on simultaneous attacks, evasive maneuvers and low visibility to avoid being defeated. As I said before, it's a shame we can't implement more types of evasive maneuvers, like snaking.

In your example, I assume the NSMs arrived one at a time since the CIWS wouldn't be able to engage multiple targets at once.

• Like 4

That's the major problem of this delivery mechanism. Any new update of a very small unit requires huge download bandwidth.  The entire development community uses GitHub to store repos like this.  Maybe it's as simple as creating such a repo.  You push changes to your assets to the repo, we download the new commits locally.  Git protocol is "intelligent" enough to only download the differential, but it doesn't have limits, as far as I am concerned.

Since your webpage doesn't have adds or other automatic monetization measures, I don't really see a downside to this approach.  The DONATE links can be included on the main README file on GitHub.  It makes everything open source, which your packages already are, and it can also help you upload faster instead of having to make huge files every time.  You could actually revert to a "per module" model without sacrificing any workflow. 

I'd be happy to discuss further details and do test runs with you for this.  Let me know.

• Like 1

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

4 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

That's the major problem of this delivery mechanism. Any new update of a very small unit requires huge download bandwidth.  The entire development community uses GitHub to store repos like this.  Maybe it's as simple as creating such a repo.  You push changes to your assets to the repo, we download the new commits locally.  Git protocol is "intelligent" enough to only download the differential, but it doesn't have limits, as far as I am concerned.

Since your webpage doesn't have adds or other automatic monetization measures, I don't really see a downside to this approach.  The DONATE links can be included on the main README file on GitHub.  It makes everything open source, which your packages already are, and it can also help you upload faster instead of having to make huge files every time.  You could actually revert to a "per module" model without sacrificing any workflow. 

I'd be happy to discuss further details and do test runs with you for this.  Let me know.

My incremental download for the US pack is around 5% of the complete pack. I've used GitHub a lot for development, so I'm familiar with its pros and cons. The main issues in this use case is the fact that my DCS asset packs contains 99% textures and model data. I would run into size issues requiring Git LFS, storage space issues and of course usability issues. I get a lot of questions about installing the asset packs as of now, imagine if all users had to sync a repository.

• Like 4

Dear Currenhill,

Love your work, thanks a gazillion for all your efforts. Just a quick question - the Kola map is imminent which means a large portion of DCS users will be blowing the dust off their Viggens (including myself) but we currently have no Swedish ground equipment of any sort to populate the Swedish airfields with. Is there any chance at all you could add some Swedish fuel trucks, supply trucks, maybe a GPU from the 90s, to your Swedish Assets Pack?

Cheers! 

• Like 2

Hi CH, it appears that your last USA Asset Pack zip folder only contains a couple of units. I suspect that the ones you've just updated are in the download but the 1.1.0 assets are missing. This is all I can see in the Database folder:

Screenshot 2024-04-30 120845.png

55 minutes ago, Clivey said:

Hi CH, it appears that your last USA Asset Pack zip folder only contains a couple of units.

you downloaded an incremental update.. from v1.1.0 to 1.1.2 … you need the full file.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

46 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

you downloaded an incremental update.. from v1.1.0 to 1.1.2 … you need the full file.

Haha, thanks!

No matter how I do it, it creates confusion. 😅

• Like 4

Hey everyone.

Just installed the latest US pack and DCS is refusing to start. I am getting the following errors according to the .log:

24-04-30 13:15:28.305 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.shells.M551_12_7_HEIAPT,    from    C:\Users\DCS Helipad\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/CH Military Asset Pack USA 1.1.2/Database/Weapons/M551_GunsAndAmmo.lua
2024-04-30 13:15:28.305 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.shells.M551_12_7_HEIAP,    from    C:\Users\DCS Helipad\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/CH Military Asset Pack USA 1.1.2/Database/Weapons/M551_GunsAndAmmo.lua
2024-04-30 13:15:28.305 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.shells.M551_HEAT_T,    from    C:\Users\DCS Helipad\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/CH Military Asset Pack USA 1.1.2/Database/Weapons/M551_GunsAndAmmo.lua
2024-04-30 13:15:28.305 ERROR   Scripting (Main): DUPLICATE not allowed :weapons.shells.M551_HE_T,    from    C:\Users\DCS Helipad\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/CH Military Asset Pack USA 1.1.2/Database/Weapons/M551_GunsAndAmmo.lua

Any ideas?

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Ah! Nevermind. I got it. Just deleted the single M551.
Working!

• Like 1

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Ah, thanks for that! I obviously hadn't had my morning coffee! 😂

On 4/29/2024 at 1:42 AM, currenthill said:

it's a shame we can't implement more types of evasive maneuvers, like snaking.

I'm 99% sure I remember seeing the RBS-15 snaking on it's way to a ship. But it's been a few version of DCS since I have really looked at the Anti-Ship missiles, but I'm pretty sure they did have some defensive maneuvers before  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beldin said:

I'm 99% sure I remember seeing the RBS-15 snaking on it's way to a ship. But it's been a few version of DCS since I have really looked at the Anti-Ship missiles, but I'm pretty sure they did have some defensive maneuvers before  

I've tried different techniques to achieve a more advanced terminal maneuver. For the RBS 15 I implemented a combination of very low altitude on half and jump on half, to make is harder for the CIWS to counter. I've also tried things like setting the GPS error to a high setting which will make the missile turn hard when turning on its seeker. They are all better than nothing, but they're still workarounds. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, currenthill said:

I've tried different techniques to achieve a more advanced terminal maneuver. For the RBS 15 I implemented a combination of very low altitude on half and jump on half, to make is harder for the CIWS to counter.

I was talking about the "stock" DCS RBS-15 for the Viggen I think. But now I want to do a bunch of anti-ship missile tests and see what the latest stuff is doing😂

I need to update to your latest packs but I missed my chance the other day as the links were all overloaded🤦‍♂️. But once I get updated I'll do some testing with the anti-ship missiles as I could swear the stock RBS-15 did run a snake pattern on it's way to target. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beldin said:

I was talking about the "stock" DCS RBS-15 for the Viggen I think. But now I want to do a bunch of anti-ship missile tests and see what the latest stuff is doing😂

I need to update to your latest packs but I missed my chance the other day as the links were all overloaded🤦‍♂️. But once I get updated I'll do some testing with the anti-ship missiles as I could swear the stock RBS-15 did run a snake pattern on it's way to target. 

If I remember correctly, you could set waypoints for the Viggen RBS 15. But I believe that's actually programming happening inside the player aircraft. I don't believe it works for AI. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, currenthill said:

I've tried different techniques to achieve a more advanced terminal maneuver. For the RBS 15 I implemented a combination of very low altitude on half and jump on half, to make is harder for the CIWS to counter. I've also tried things like setting the GPS error to a high setting which will make the missile turn hard when turning on its seeker. They are all better than nothing, but they're still workarounds. 

SPEAR 5 does the best evasive maneuver

but even that is always shot down by C-RAM

sooo more frigates it is

image.pngMilitary Asset Pack USA 1.1.3 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.3

• Fixed Constellation 3D model seam gaps

New update distribution model

The Military Asset Pack is available in two versions:

• The standard full download.
  • The incremental download which updates 1.1.x to 1.1.3 and contains only the changed files. You apply it by overwriting your 1.1.x installation. It includes all 1.1.x changes.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Hi @currenthill ... first of all, thanks a lot for all the assets that you have created for the DCS users community, and provide them for free, I have been able to use many of them on my own missions 🙏

Now that the Kola Map is about to be released, I wonder if you could consider some airbase support vehicles for Sweden's unique road bases system, some items like these:

epn6in6.jpg

ArBpn5k.jpg

IZzRnGI.jpg

1jCgAUv.jpg

None of this are my photos, I got them at Wikipedia, just to illustrate the kind of vehicles I'm thinking of  🙂 

Of course I understand that you maybe in the middle of modeling other items, but thought I would just ask.

Greetings,

Eduardo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Good day Mr Currenthill,

Loving the look of the new packs, the US one in particular is obscenely good. Do you think that going forwards on future updates to that pack (if you plan to of course) that you would consider adding the LCS classes (Freedom and Independence?) I appreciate that Constellation is somewhat replacing Freedom class ships, but I am given to understand that several are still on order and being built, I think it would be a nice addition and would be a good counter to say the Stereguischy corvettes for example without being overkill of bringing a DDG...

• Like 2

Good evening!

Can´t but agree with Rudel_chw...

I have atttached som photos of vehicles in the Swedish Airforce from the coldwar...😉 

@Currenthill! Thank you vary much for all the addons you have provided to DCS so far!

Tremendous work that you have done!!!🙂🙏

Best regards:

Otulf

Klarg Jeep 02.jpg

Drivmedelsbil Scania 03.jpg

Drivmedelsbil Volvo 03.jpg

Klarg Jeep 03.jpg

Klarg Jeep 05.jpg

Klarg Jeep 06.jpg

Klargöringskärra 01.jpg

Kraftvagn_745 08.jpg

Kraftvagn 05.jpg

Kranlastbil Volvo 01.jpg

Drivmedelsbil Scania 02.jpg

Drivmedelsbil Scania 01.jpg

Bogseringsbil Volvo 03.jpg

Bogseringsbil Volvo 05.jpg

Bogseringsbil Volvo 01.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/27/2024 at 7:57 AM, currenthill said:

Thanks for reporting issues! 🫡

FYI, here is the current list of fixes that will be included in the Military Asset Pack USA version 1.1.2 fixpack.

MAP USA 1.1.2 - WIP

• Fixed THAAD AN/TPY-2 missing sound
  • Fixed THAAD AN/TPY-2 missing wheel rotation
  • Fixed HIMARS GLSDB missing desert livery
  • Fixed HIMARS PrSM AShM missing desert livery
  • Fixed HEMTT M983 missing desert livery

Thanks a million, CH!! Enjoy your weekend,

Timex 3

Canadian-Navy-02.jpg

• Like 2