Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

9 minutes ago, greedyworl said:

null

nullcan u making C-ram like this picture. play cram so fun.,

image.png

image.png

I you like the C-RAM, you should try my Chinese LD-3000. A Phalanx on steroids with its 11 barrels and 30 mm shells. 🤪

• Like 3

2 hours ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2024-04-04 160823.jpg

HEMTT with what appears to be a generator and some spool drums of some kind - I'm assuming this is part of a SAM battery.  

11 minutes ago, greedyworl said:

null

nullcan u making C-ram like this picture. play cram so fun.,

image.png

image.png

It's already been done.  See below.   Also, I don't think you can simply "mount" a Phalanx CIWS or C-RAM system on the ground like that, it's just not physically possible.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, currenthill said:

image.pngCenturion C-RAM 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

C-RAM promo.jpg

• Like 2

Hi CH,

Love the assets you've created so far. Is there a possibility you could work on some Polish assets in the future?  I know the Poprad SHORAD laucher and Hibneryt would be a great addition to DCS. As well as the ORP Ślązak and ORP Grom Corvettes.

Thanks

ORP_Grom_(korweta).jpg

NTVjOGUzYTU3CDl0egFsIHRQbS48WGJ2I0h1ZXpLfGxmEmAhPBYrJjMaIGkyCDskNx0_aSUWYTUmA2AxZFUqPSUaIyYsVSs5NA8raDccLDJkXHwmeEt2N2JHe3czGGM1ZQ52ajYffGFjCXciZhgoZ3QX.webp

August_15,_2013_military_parade_in_Warsaw_DSC_2504.JPG

ORP_Ślązak_2015-1.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, XerAD. said:

Hi CH,

Love the assets you've created so far. Is there a possibility you could work on some Polish assets in the future?  I know the Poprad SHORAD laucher and Hibneryt would be a great addition to DCS. As well as the ORP Ślązak and ORP Grom Corvettes.

Thanks

ORP_Grom_(korweta).jpg

NTVjOGUzYTU3CDl0egFsIHRQbS48WGJ2I0h1ZXpLfGxmEmAhPBYrJjMaIGkyCDskNx0_aSUWYTUmA2AxZFUqPSUaIyYsVSs5NA8raDccLDJkXHwmeEt2N2JHe3czGGM1ZQ52ajYffGFjCXciZhgoZ3QX.webp

August_15,_2013_military_parade_in_Warsaw_DSC_2504.JPG

ORP_Ślązak_2015-1.jpg

Yep, there are several new country packs I look forward to start working on. 👍🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, currenthill said:

Skärmbild 2024-04-05 234406.jpg

Amazing work CH, thank you Sir for your hard work! I think it's very important that the DCS World community supports CH, these models are not cheap! So donate a few bucks because CH has done so much for the DCS World Comunity!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

This is... beautiful.  So out of curiosity, how are tests coming along for these assets? 

Thank you! At this stage I've only done functional testing per new asset. When all additions and changes has been done I will perform acceptance testing before release. Good news on this topic though. Since I reached out to the community about testing I've received several offers. Their help will make the testing be more effective and result in higher end quality.

8 hours ago, Timex3 said:

Thank you CH, you are so talented! I'm looking forward to the U.S. Pack!

Great! 👍🏻

2 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Alarm at internet provider⚠️. High readiness for downloading up to 20 Gb new U.S. Pack!

Haha, you might be correct. 🤪

Though, when adding new assets and updating old ones, I try to remove redundant texture files and optimize the needed ones. So the added texture weight due to new assets will at least to some degree be mitigated by texture optimization.

1 hour ago, Timex3 said:

Amazing work CH, thank you Sir for your hard work! I think it's very important that the DCS World community supports CH, these models are not cheap! So donate a few bucks because CH has done so much for the DCS World Comunity!

Thanks, it really does help. And as I've mentioned before, 100% of the donations goes into new assets.

35 minutes ago, Willykurtz said:

Just wondering. What requirements to the model, if it gets from outsource (cgtrader, sketchfab, 3dmodel,etc)? What poly, animation, format and so on?

As I mention in my FAQ. If anyone is interested in purchasing 3D models, you need to speak with me first. I have a very particular selection criteria for my model purchases, based on past experiences and knowledge gained from making a lot of assets. 👍🏻 

By the way, to give you all a hint of why things take time. Here's an example. The table below shows the different kind of objects to make just to finish the MIM-104 system of assets. There's a total of 76 boxes to be checked. And that's just the models and textures, no code, sound or anything else.

Skärmbild 2024-04-06 115246.jpg

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, djuice said:

Does the new US Pack have the updated missiles code for the Arleigh Burke and Tico's?

Yep. All missile and radar code is updated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/2/2024 at 7:18 PM, KulleAeyd said:

Coming at this from the outside, the file path in your mod zip isn't entirely clear, as there is no distinction between the save game folders and the core folders.  It just starts with SCRIPTS and works it way down. Both the save game folder and core folders have SCRIPTS, so it's not easy to tell. And although the core game file structure only has AIRCRAFTS, it's not really clear if that should be created in the SAVE GAME tree, as you are creating other folders inside of the MODS directory.  Anyway...  I'd kindly suggest that you make this distinction in a readme that's included in your ZIP and on your FAQ as well so the user knows the put it in the core game folder if that is where it needs to be 🙂

PS - initially i didn't put the file in the core game folder. I put the folder in the MODS/TECH folder like all of the other mods.  Although I didn't test all radars, for sure the S-350 did display the "28" in the RWR, so maybe putting it in the MODS/TECH still allows it to work?

PPS- just now I added "529" to the LIST/HTS and the NASAMS radar still did not appear on the RWR, but it does appear on the HTS/HAD.  When I added "509" and "510" to the LIST I received the indication on the HTS/HAD for the S-350 (and it also appears on the RWR).

Regarding the DTC mod, I tried that yesterday.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to add new radar codes.  It has several pre-added, but I can't figure out how to add new ones like your S-350 and NASAMS codes.  I've put a message on their Discord, but so far no reply 😞

Hey @currenthill  just as an addendum to my poste before, I was able to get that DCS-DTC mod to work.  As it is now, you can add emitters to a text file, and then have the utility upload them as MAN entries to the HTS/HAD function.   You must have the mod EXE running in the background with DCS, and it seems that when you "upload" the emitters the app will just run a macro to punch in all the codes to the UFC. You can even see the buttons being pretty quickly in the background when you do this.  As this app works in the background on a running DCS, i guess there is no way to just update the SAM tables on the HTS/HAD before you fire up DCS, but you have to do it each time you run a mission.  I guess it's a bit better than having to punch them in manually though.  Also, it seems the only way right now is to add your new emitters is to manually add them to his text file.  I've told him about your new emitters and gave him a link to your HARD RWR page so he knows the codes.  Not sure if he will add all those new emitters though. I did ask him to provide a way to add new emitters through the app UI instead of having to add them manually in the text file.  We'll see what happens 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KulleAeyd said:

Hey @currenthill  just as an addendum to my poste before, I was able to get that DCS-DTC mod to work.  As it is now, you can add emitters to a text file, and then have the utility upload them as MAN entries to the HTS/HAD function.   You must have the mod EXE running in the background with DCS, and it seems that when you "upload" the emitters the app will just run a macro to punch in all the codes to the UFC. You can even see the buttons being pretty quickly in the background when you do this.  As this app works in the background on a running DCS, i guess there is no way to just update the SAM tables on the HTS/HAD before you fire up DCS, but you have to do it each time you run a mission.  I guess it's a bit better than having to punch them in manually though.  Also, it seems the only way right now is to add your new emitters is to manually add them to his text file.  I've told him about your new emitters and gave him a link to your HARD RWR page so he knows the codes.  Not sure if he will add all those new emitters though. I did ask him to provide a way to add new emitters through the app UI instead of having to add them manually in the text file.  We'll see what happens 🙂

Thanks for the update! 👍🏻

• Like 1