Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

1 hour ago, minimi66 said:

I've just invested in a brand new rig, see specs below. Cost the best part of £3500!  Also picked up a Quest Pro having previously had Quest 2, HP Reverb G1, Rift S and Rift CV1.

So far i've been completely unable to achieve anything close to the performance and quality i expected from this new system.  I have tried pretty much every possible solution and combination of settings but the main issue i am seeing is constant stuttering in game.  Frame rate is always pretty stable at whatever i've set it at, 72, 90 etc.

Tried with and without Virtual Desktop, tried Open XR via the shortcut provided by BIGNEWY recently on the dedicated OpenXR compatibility thread. 

I also have DCS Steam version and all the above applies to that too, in fact performance/quality is much worse on Steam version although i am not at all familiar with optimising SteamVR having mostly used Oculus app for most titles i run.

In terms of in game settings i've tried all the DCS presets and dozens of my own variations.  I've also tried enabling/disabling Game Mode, HAGS, Hyper-Threading, Windows Power service in msconfig etc etc etc....

Still a complete stutter fest 99% of the time.

I purchased the new rig and Quest Pro specifically to enjoy better DCS VR.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Do you have XMP profile enabled in BIOS? Do you have PCI GEN4 enabled? What’s your Unigene Benchmark score? You need to be sure of your system's performance outside of the game before in.

Are you using a Link cable to the Oculus? Have you tested the USB connection with the Oculus tool to be sure the link is sufficient?

Have you set the Steam settings to Oculus instead of SteamVR?

What is the fps in the game?

What refresh rate have you set the Oculus to?

What render resolution have you set the Oculus to?

Edited by slughead

On 4/14/2023 at 2:43 AM, slughead said:

Do you have XMP profile enabled in BIOS? Do you have PCI GEN4 enabled? What’s your Unigene Benchmark score? You need to be sure of your system's performance outside of the game before in.

Are you using a Link cable to the Oculus? Have you tested the USB connection with the Oculus tool to be sure the link is sufficient?

See this thread from yesterday to answer some of your questions.  Still have same problem after an entire day of trying to solve?

Any new suggestions very welcome?

Skip to the last few posts to see where we ended up.  Also my current settings are listed there too.

Thanks.

Edited by minimi66

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

On 4/14/2023 at 2:43 AM, slughead said:

Benchmarks:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

FYI, if anyone has switched to the Oculus Pro beta software, the render resolutions have changed! Previously, for 1.0x @ 72Hz, the render resolution was 3616x1840. Now it is 4128x2096. So you may notice a performance drop! The remedy is to return the PD in OTT to 1.0 or even 0 (default). Same clarity as before.Screenshot 2023-04-15 172412.png

Screenshot 2023-04-12 154941.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to setting up my Quest 2 for the first time ever in VR experience in DCS. I see you guys use OTT or OpenXR, but at the same time I see this thread that tell we don't need third party apps and OpenXR is native, so that confuse me. 

What is the step by step for a new Oculus Quest 2 user? any help will be appreciated. thanks

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So... Do you guys constantly have to put your headset on. Grab one of the controllers, Navigate into settings, go through various menus, start oculus link, and then click on DCS and then put the controllers back into the dock?!?!

This is the only way the app starts inside the VR headset for me

Double clicking the DCS icon doesn't launch DCS within the headset. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Pretty much yeah. Although I have enabled hand gestures/pinch control so I can do it without using a controller. Then I tend to start DCS using the mouse and shortcut on the PC. I think I have run DCS from the "previously used/run/whatever" app on the Oculus link screen (the matrix construct loading stage if you understand what I mean). But mostly just use the mouse.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 3:13 PM, nikoel said:

So... Do you guys constantly have to put your headset on. Grab one of the controllers, Navigate into settings, go through various menus, start oculus link, and then click on DCS and then put the controllers back into the dock?!?!

This is the only way the app starts inside the VR headset for me

Double clicking the DCS icon doesn't launch DCS within the headset. Is there something I am doing wrong?

From a Quest 2 user ( I believe the software is the same).  I have hand tracking enabled, so need for controllers, Then I touch the point on the bottom bar where the battery icon is (that has a tooltip saying quick settings) . That brings up the option to connect to Link. After that I launch DCS from PC ( not from the link inside headset)

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

On 4/14/2023 at 1:49 AM, minimi66 said:

I've just invested in a brand new rig, see specs below. Cost the best part of £3500+  Also picked up a Quest Pro having previously had Quest 2, HP Reverb G1, Rift S and Rift CV1.

So far i've been completely unable to achieve anything close to the performance and quality i expected from this new PC and the Quest Pro?  Don't get me wrong, the QP is a massive step up from the Q2 and as a headset upgrade i couldn't be happier.  I have tried pretty much every possible solution and combination of settings but the main issue i am seeing is constant stuttering in game.  Frame rate is always pretty stable at whatever i've set it at, 72, 90 etc.

Tried with and without Virtual Desktop, tried Open XR via the shortcut provided by BIGNEWY recently on the dedicated OpenXR compatibility thread. 

I also have DCS Steam version and all the above applies to that too, in fact performance/quality is much worse on Steam version although i am not at all familiar with optimising SteamVR having mostly used Oculus app for most titles i've run.

In terms of in game settings i've tried all the standard DCS pre-sets and dozens of my own variations.  I've also tried enabling/disabling Windows Game Mode, HAGS, Hyper-Threading, Windows Power service in msconfig etc etc etc....

Using Windows High Performance Power Plan.

Still a complete stutter fest 99% of the time.

With this rig DCS non-VR will run at 150-200 FPS (more on the Multi-thread build) with everything maxed out even in a busy SP mission.  I don't do MP so no idea how that would go?  

I purchased the new rig and Quest Pro specifically to enjoy better DCS VR.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

- Intel Core i9-13900K

- 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3600 MHz

- ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4

- Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB (using Fasgear USB-C to USB-C Link cable from USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type C (up to 20Gbps) port on motherboard)

- 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10)

- Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS)

- Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD

- WinWing F-16EX Stick

- WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips

- Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals

- Logitech G-910 Keyboard

- Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse

- Logitech G-533 Headset

- Occulus Quest Pro VR

- TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Hi,

im no expert, but I had stuttering caused by Winwing software before. It had to do with winwing software messing with some lua file. I had to tick a box in the software and after that the stuttering stopped. 
if you need more info let me know and I’ll try to find the thread. 

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

1 hour ago, Ahogephilia said:

I'm using H264 codec and 5slice/600 bitrate for airlink. Work fine!

You might be able to do that using the v54 PTC build from the Oculus PTC (public test channel) Oculus Debug Tool.

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 12:34 AM, Tepnox said:

Quest Pro user here, these are my settings for RTX4090 (was using RTX3080TI and RTX3090 prior):

First: Baseline for your optimiziation should be Oculus Home Settings:

image.png

I was running my Quest Pro prior on RTX3090, your RTX3080Ti is similar in GPU-power. I would recommend 80 Hz there.

OTT Settings next:

image.png

I would recommend 1.0 in OTT and 1.0 in DCS itself for your GPU. Beware: Since latest OpenBeta on OpenXR, the OTT settings are a multiplier on top of your DCS setting.

Quest Link settings (via Cable):

image.png

Again: I would recommend Encode Bitrate max. 500 Mbit on RTX3080Ti. I was getting weird image interruptions above that setting. (not the case on RTX4090).

Ingame DCS settings:

image.png

Because the RTX3080Ti only has 12 GB VRAM, it is necessary for VR to get Textures to Medium. If you plan on playing Multiplayer I would also recommend Terrain Textures on Low.

Otherwise you will get alot of stuttering because of too much GPU VRAM usage. It was a pain in the ass to sort this out on my RTX3080Ti.

Visibility Range is another option you could lower to High - personal preference. Another boost is Terrain Object Shadows to Off - again personal preference. It really depends on what map you fly and how busy your surrounding area is.

DCS VR Tab:

image.png

In addition to that, I run the OpenXR Toolkit having CAS (Sharpening) enabled with 70% and a custom Fixed Foveated rendering (I am not running the DCS HMD Mask - the mask size i not correct for Quest Pro). Give it a try.

Happy flying. Loving my Quest Pro so far, the edge to edge clarity is a wonder and no more screen door effect - coming from Rift S too ;D

Hi Tepnox, playing with settings...i dont have the 3905 encode resolution  available to choose in my OTT, its 3648 or 3960 - why is that ? Are the settings available a function of other settings elsewhere? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

6 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi Tepnox, playing with settings...i dont have the 3905 encode resolution  available to choose in my OTT, its 3648 or 3960 - why is that ? Are the settings available a function of other settings elsewhere? 

Hi there, you can put in any number in that field by typing into it. Afterwards you need to "Save and restart service" - these settings don't change on the fly (Encode bitrate is the only exception - this setting you can change and save on the fly while still in DCS).

I tested alot of ranges there manually - posted the results after my initial post here. From Enc 3905 to 3909 you will have exactly 3936x2080 for the encoder resolution. Beginning with 3910 and above you will get distortion artefacts in the image.

3648 translates to 3648x2080 encoder resolution - with 3960 you will get artefacts.

Hope this clears some things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

20 hours ago, Tepnox said:

Hi there, you can put in any number in that field by typing into it. Afterwards you need to "Save and restart service" - these settings don't change on the fly (Encode bitrate is the only exception - this setting you can change and save on the fly while still in DCS).

I tested alot of ranges there manually - posted the results after my initial post here. From Enc 3905 to 3909 you will have exactly 3936x2080 for the encoder resolution. Beginning with 3910 and above you will get distortion artefacts in the image.

3648 translates to 3648x2080 encoder resolution - with 3960 you will get artefacts.

Hope this clears some things.

Btw. Do you use OTT or ODT only?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, skywalker22 said:

Just got my new Quest Pro 🙂

A question, I had Reverb G2, which requires Windows Mixed Reality. Quest Pro does not requite it, correct? So I can uninstall it?

Correct.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Btw. Do you use OTT or ODT only?

I use OTT - most functions and alot more is only possible with OTT. Just some diagnostics overlays (Oculus Link Status for example) are only accessible with the ODT.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

3 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Just got my new Quest Pro 🙂

A question, I had Reverb G2, which requires Windows Mixed Reality. Quest Pro does not requite it, correct? So I can uninstall it?

You don't need to uninstall anything. Oculus is a different case, nothing gets mixed up, dont worry.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 6/2/2023 at 5:53 PM, Tepnox said:

I use OTT.

Thx, I have to install OTT, Im using only ODT but I noticed that it doesnt remember settings (not always).

I'm on Link cable of course. One more thing puzzles me, but I honestly haven't had time to test it. Perhaps you know the answer?

It's about the ground textures, the ones further away, which at these settings (as in the screenshot below) seem more blurred. While it is not so visible in DCS (but this effect is present as well), it is more visible in IL-2 BoX, e.g. However, interestingly, the Default settings of QPro hasnt this effect. The textures on the horizon are not that blurry. Theoretically, it should be the other way around 😁. There's probably some culprit for that, but I don't know what.

EzilghVl.jpg

It's not a big problem, but the fact that with the HP G2 the textures were sharper.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thx, I have to install OTT, Im using only ODT but I noticed that it doesnt remember settings (not always).

I'm on Link cable of course. One more thing puzzles me, but I honestly haven't had time to test it. Perhaps you know the answer?

It's about the ground textures, the ones further away, which at these settings (as in the screenshot below) seem more blurred. While it is not so visible in DCS (but this effect is present as well), it is more visible in IL-2 BoX, e.g. However, interestingly, the Default settings of QPro hasnt this effect. The textures on the horizon are not that blurry. Theoretically, it should be the other way around 😁. There's probably some culprit for that, but I don't know what.

EzilghVl.jpg

It's not a big problem, but the fact that with the HP G2 the textures were sharper.

For me, all the settings in the ODT persist. I got shouted down on another thread that the ODT doesn't remember settings but that's not true for me. So I shut up. My gain, their loss. I don't know why it is for me and not others but there we are. It could be the Windows account doesn't have admin rights, or that I disabled UAC.

As for your blurriness.... you've answered your own question. You said it doesn't happen with default settings. That means something you've changed has caused this. Go back to default, and make one change at a time to isolate what has caused it.

I read somewhere that the ODT settings for Distortion Curvature are reversed. So Low is High etc. I really don't see the need to change this from Default.