Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

33 minutes ago, P999 said:

Can be a bit of an addictive, financially draining hobby. And I was introduced to it because it was “free” - ha ha indeed.

There are other types of people that use the same tactic… 😉

Looking over my right shoulder and seeing another Spitfire flying on my wing still gives me the shivers. I’m finding WW2 is making me very happy right now, but it was the jets that brought me here. The Hornet imho is the best module for VR if jets are your thing. I don’t get better performance (gpu/cpu frame times) in any other aircraft and it can do it all, It just does it at its own pace, also the HUD and MFDs are a decent size. 

I think I’m blathering on. Good luck mate, I hope it brings you as much happiness as it has brought me.

46 minutes ago, slughead said:

bar g-forces or reality.

I’m quite keen on the lack of reality at the moment. 😉

Edited by Digitalvole

I've noticed a few posts where people are wasting resources in upscaling while using quad-view DFR. 

For myself I keep the PD at 1 in the debug app and in the Quest desktop app under my headset settings I keep the res slider at x1. I know this goes against conventional thought, but I use DFR, so I increase the foveated supersampling to 1.25-1.5. This way I'm not wasting resources supersampling the whole render only to have DFR downsample it afterwards.  

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

1 hour ago, DayGlow said:

I've noticed a few posts where people are wasting resources in upscaling while using quad-view DFR. 

For myself I keep the PD at 1 in the debug app and in the Quest desktop app under my headset settings I keep the res slider at x1. I know this goes against conventional thought, but I use DFR, so I increase the foveated supersampling to 1.25-1.5. This way I'm not wasting resources supersampling the whole render only to have DFR downsample it afterwards.  

I am also using this method. However, I have increased the peripheral supersampling from the default of 0.4 to 0.7. Some may find the default causes the clouds to alias in the peripheral vision too much for them.

I am also using this method. However, I have increased the peripheral supersampling from the default of 0.4 to 0.7. Some may find the default causes the clouds to alias in the peripheral vision too much for them.
"....increase the foveated supersampling to 1.25-1.5." - is it in openXR or QFR setting file?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

I have my PD set at 1 in the Oculus toolkit and 1.25 in the settings.cfg for the Quad Views

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 hours ago, HiWay said:

"....increase the foveated supersampling to 1.25-1.5." - is it in openXR or QFR setting file?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Would be the quad-view settings. 

This app makes adjustments easier

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3332882/

• Like 1

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Also interested in the best settings for a Pro because sim I'm about to buy one soon.

I find it weird that DLAA is worse. People are saying DLAA alone provides a better image and no shimmering in the distance.

I suppose you should not use DLSS and DLAA here and also any DLAA most likely overrides msaa?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So far for me DLAA and TAA are pretty much a tie for performance and largely indistinguishable (to me at least). DLSS is a blurry mess

i9-12900KF, MSI Gaming Trio X 4090, Gigabyte Z690, G.Skill 64GB 3600MHz DDR4, 3 x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1000W PCIe Gen 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, NZXT Z73 AIO cooler, Meta Quest 3 VR headset, Virpil WarBRD + Virpil Constellation Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals.

Pro user here, loving 2.9. I am using DLSS with sharpening at .6, I also use QVFR, wondered if the linked app in the post above works with the pro? Its not listed in the notes as a supported headset is why I ask......

I have turned all in the in game open XR tool kit settings off, so only using the new DCS sharpening etc. 

Performance is great, very smooth and much more headroom. No issues with visual quality anywhere.

• Like 3

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Pro user here, loving 2.9. I am using DLSS with sharpening at .6, I also use QVFR, wondered if the linked app in the post above works with the pro? Its not listed in the notes as a supported headset is why I ask......
I have turned all in the in game open XR tool kit settings off, so only using the new DCS sharpening etc. 
Performance is great, very smooth and much more headroom. No issues with visual quality anywhere.
Others mentioned blurriness with DLSS and QVFR. Do you have it on quality mode or performance?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

2 minutes ago, sze5003 said:
9 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Others mentioned blurriness with DLSS and QVFR. Do you have it on quality mode or performance?

Quality. Not just blurry but smearing of aircraft. Commercial/white aircraft look like they're on fire. It's awful. I will be going back to basics later today. Turing everything off and building back up. Initially, I will focus on image quality and then performance.

• Like 1

Quality. Not just blurry but smearing of aircraft. Commercial/white aircraft look like they're on fire. It's awful. I will be going back to basics later today. Turing everything off and building back up. Initially, I will focus on image quality and then performance.
Thanks for confirming. I'm still undecided between the quest pro and quest 3 but I figure with the Pro I'll be able to not use DLSS if i dont like how it looks and still get performance from DFR with DLAA instead of mssa.

Just now, sze5003 said:
3 minutes ago, slughead said:

Thanks for confirming. I'm still undecided between the quest pro and quest 3 but I figure with the Pro I'll be able to not use DLSS if i dont like how it looks and still get performance from DFR with DLAA instead of mssa.

Correct. Has anyone reviewed night missions with the Q3 and compared them with the QPro? I think the Q3 doesn't have local dimming.

Correct. Has anyone reviewed night missions with the Q3 and compared them with the QPro? I think the Q3 doesn't have local dimming.
Yea the 3 does not have local dimming. I have heard that the dimming helps make night more realistic and I also haven't seen any direct comparison.

49 minutes ago, sze5003 said:
57 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

quality

43 minutes ago, sze5003 said:
46 minutes ago, slughead said:

Pro for the win all day long....biggest advantage which no one seems to mention ( for me at least) is its not a scuba mask clamped on your face......its so much more comfortable, you can glance out from under to see switches etc.....and no fogging or sweating. Its an amaxing bit of kit........

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

10 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

quality

Pro for the win all day long....biggest advantage which no one seems to mention ( for me at least) is its not a scuba mask clamped on your face......its so much more comfortable, you can glance out from under to see switches etc.....and no fogging or sweating. Its an amaxing bit of kit........

For sure it is. I was always fogging up in the HP Reverb.

Same I always had to take off the G2 and keep a microfiber cloth near by to clean the lenses and these were prescription lenses too that would still get fogged up. I'll have to order them for the pro as well so I'll start researching which ones are a good fit.

4 minutes ago, sze5003 said:
10 minutes ago, slughead said:

Same I always had to take off the G2 and keep a microfiber cloth near by to clean the lenses and these were prescription lenses too that would still get fogged up. I'll have to order them for the pro as well so I'll start researching which ones are a good fit.

Another advantage of the Pro....you wont need lenses....I can wear my glasses under it no problem

• Like 1

I said it was early days...

My initial tests with 2.9, DLSS and DLAA were not favourable whatsoever. However... that's all changed.

I stripped everything back to basics. I turned off OpenXR Toolkit, removed Quad-View Foveated Rendering and set my headset (Quest Pro) render resolution to my original setting of something like 1.2x.

Performance in DLSS is impressive. I'm able to hold 72fps in the Gulf when normally it would drop when flying low and turning over populated areas. Visuals are blurry though, especially distant objects.

So I bumped up the render resolution to maximum and wow, a huge difference in clarity. It is still a bit blurry though. Sharpness is set to 0.5/0.6. It is still holding 72fps.

DLAA is much clearer but would drop down into reprojection/ASW flying fast, low and turning over populated areas.

Both DLSS and DLAA show ghosting/smearing of aircraft in the air. Whether this will be improved on I couldn't say.

I now have QVFR installed again and running in DLAA as it is much clearer. I feel a lot happier about it all now. DLSS gives better performance, but for me, it is too blurry. So DLAA with QVFR along with maximum render resolution in the Oculus app is how I am running my rig for now. I may pop back to MSAAx4 with QVFR (my previous configuration before 2.9) tomorrow to compare performance and visuals to DLAA with QVFR.

• Thanks 1

I said it was early days...
My initial tests with 2.9, DLSS and DLAA were not favourable whatsoever. However... that's all changed.
I stripped everything back to basics. I turned off OpenXR Toolkit, removed Quad-View Foveated Rendering and set my headset (Quest Pro) render resolution to my original setting of something like 1.2x.
Performance in DLSS is impressive. I'm able to hold 72fps in the Gulf when normally it would drop when flying low and turning over populated areas. Visuals are blurry though, especially distant objects.
So I bumped up the render resolution to maximum and wow, a huge difference in clarity. It is still a bit blurry though. Sharpness is set to 0.5/0.6. It is still holding 72fps.
DLAA is much clearer but would drop down into reprojection/ASW flying fast, low and turning over populated areas.
Both DLSS and DLAA show ghosting/smearing of aircraft in the air. Whether this will be improved on I couldn't say.
I now have QVFR installed again and running in DLAA as it is much clearer. I feel a lot happier about it all now. DLSS gives better performance, but for me, it is too blurry. So DLAA with QVFR along with maximum render resolution in the Oculus app is how I am running my rig for now. I may pop back to MSAAx4 with QVFR (my previous configuration before 2.9) tomorrow to compare performance and visuals to DLAA with QVFR.

Perfect because this gives me a starting point to mess around with tomorrow when I get any headset.

After all the DLSS testing results my plan was to use DLAA with DFR anyway, probably at 72hz since my DCS settings are almost all maxed out.

For me, I cant get past the stutters on the 3 / 9 line with the buildings with DLAA....none of you guys have that? 

From my little tests, when pushing almost everything to the max, going 1.5x on the HMD, going DLSS at Ultra Performance does help to boost both framerate and frametime than which is not.

However, in my setup, which is 1.2x on the HMD, with QVFA installed, and other settings back to "modest". It is noted that going DLSS does not improve much, actually in the overall % of frametime, turning on DLSS makes it tiny bit worse.

BTW, I have lost that Quest Pro as a drive on my PC with Oculus Link connected. What gives?!

image.png

image.png

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.