exported mfd issue with new MT beta .

Same situation. Single large monitor with a "sidebar" for exported panels and the entire area (not just the MDFs) seems corrupted, in fact any graphic that appears on that area, eg: NVidia Overlay, also gets corrupted.

The issue appears to be that the frames are kept instead of resetting, thus the exported area starts to become crowed with all the frames overlaid on top of each other.

I took a screenshot but it also got corrupted, but it still shows (on the left) the F16 MDF logo that appears when it boots + the menu that appears after boot.

Untitled.png

Hi, 

It appears that with the new Multithreading, there is a bug for multi-monitors.

The bug is significant enough that I had to disable the multi-monitor altogether. 

The resolution has been reduced significantly, and there are graphic glitches. 

There is no point in posting multiple pictures as this is easy to replicate; just use the Multithreading, and you will see how it looks. 

In that photo, you see a 2k monitor and how bad the resolution is. There is also a big lag which could be seen if you use the IFEI of F18 on a different screen 

20230310_172136.jpg

27 minutes ago, gaspasar said:

same here. External USB monitor for the mfds.

If someone find a solution please post here in the thread.

Thanks in advanced.

556cf6ad-2e05-45fe-a80c-626689f28c61.jpg

+1

I have the exact same issue, no Mods installed

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Same here. It’s  posted all over discord. BN says the viewport issues have been reported to devs already.

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Same issue here.

The really odd behavior is before the main screen loads (F/A-18 - Ready on the Ramp instant action), the MFDs and AMPCD load correctly on the export (I don't see this on ST) and then the screen repaints and goes all wierd.

Can anyone else replicate the MFDs loading before the main screen clearly, then going weird?

Thanks, Ruddle.

Same here, it seems the MFD displays don't refreshScreen_230310_123654.jpg

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

I'm having the same problem with the MFD's not refreshing and this is only when using MT.

20230310_150743.jpg

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Yeah, I think the point is made.  On the F-18 the raster doesn't clear; every trace is persistent, so the screens have pretty much everything that's ever been displayed.  Turns them in to blobs pretty quickly.

Frame rate is a little better.  I suck at flying a bit smoother than before.

By comparing the display settings of modules that are working with export viewports using the new multi-threading, both correctly and incorrectly, I have found a temporary solution for myself.

For F-16
file
\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\LCD\page.lua
line

picture.additive_alpha   = true

change to

picture.additive_alpha   = false

For FA-18
file
\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\BAKE\MPD_common_bake_page.lua
line

picture.additive_alpha   = true

change to

picture.additive_alpha   = false

This is not a solution to the root of the problem, as artifacts are still noticeable around the edges. It also hasn't been tested for integrity in multiplayer. I hope that ED will soon find a solution.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

When I play in the MT exe, the FPS are fantastick but the exports of the MFDS on my monitors is all bugged with dotted lines, ghosting, etc...

anyone else ?

NEVERMIND, just saw Nineline saying its a known issue. deal breaker at the moment

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Same. Bugged. dotted lines, ghosting etc. tested in the hornet

NEVERMIND, just saw Nineline saying its a known issue. deal breaker at the moment

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5