Labels are not well rendered in one

Gryzor

11 hours ago, Flappie said:

Can others confirm the problem is gone?

I know it still exists in non MT play. And I still see an odd double image looking ahead in none MT play.

Reminder, I am talking using OpenVR_API, which is a mod to avoid using Steam VR with my Reverb G2 WMR headset. It does not seem to occur in Steam VR, though that has a serious quality level and performance hit.

Edited by icecold951
  • Thanks 1

Second correction. I thought I was using the OpenVR_API mod used before this update. I placed it in the Bin folder, not the MT Bin. DCS appears to now have it's own OpenVR that doesn't use steam, but it is within the MT Bin folder

My error issue was within the regular Bin folder.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

I am having an issue not been on DCS  I am left eye dominant I have not been on DCS for a while but I wanted to try out my new BS3 and new F18 I just bought anyway, flying is great no problem there, its just some of the text is in the right eye only and when I turn to look at it it gone, also when I do see the red text in my right eye because I can only see 60% through it its kind of there but its making feel a bit sick, so I looked around and changed the hmd render to left eye right eye both eyes and still it renders in the right eye only, is there anyway getting round this.

Thanks

I'm not really sure what you mean by "text"...

If you are talking about messages that display on the top right, those normally appear in the message log and you can see them. Now, this is very immersion breaking in VR, so I have a tab in OpenKneeboard dedicated to the radio log.

If you are talking about helmet mounted sight symbology, check the special options and you can change in which eye you want it rendered.

1 hour ago, Draken35 said:

I'm not really sure what you mean by "text"...

If you are talking about messages that display on the top right, those normally appear in the message log and you can see them. Now, this is very immersion breaking in VR, so I have a tab in OpenKneeboard dedicated to the radio log.

If you are talking about helmet mounted sight symbology, check the special options and you can change in which eye you want it rendered.

Hi thanks for replying let me be more clearer, when flying around in my helicopter or plane when I see my wingman text or target text looking out the cockpit its in the right eye, if I close my right eye the text is gone, when looking at the text its like 50% transparent really hard for me to read and makes me feel a bit sick after a while, so I went into special changed the HMD render to left eye, but it renders in the right eye, both eyes in the right eye, I saved restarted and it still does it any other way I can make it render to left eye?

its ok thanks for replying to me and trying to help, when I look out of my helicopter and see my wingman flying next to me and see the red text next to him saying KA-50 blackshark, or a ground target with the red text next to it, saying T72 or something thats the text I can see out of my right eye but not the left to read it properly I have to close my left eye just to target it, but can't seem to change it via the special menu to render it in the left eye.

1 hour ago, Amos said:

its ok thanks for replying to me and trying to help, when I look out of my helicopter and see my wingman flying next to me and see the red text next to him saying KA-50 blackshark, or a ground target with the red text next to it, saying T72 or something thats the text I can see out of my right eye but not the left to read it properly I have to close my left eye just to target it, but can't seem to change it via the special menu to render it in the left eye.

Those are labels. I don't use them at all but a quick search revealed this thread:

I didn't read it, so I suggest you do a search and see if it is known bug and/or there is a workaround.

6 hours ago, Draken35 said:

Those are labels. I don't use them at all but a quick search revealed this thread:

I didn't read it, so I suggest you do a search and see if it is known bug and/or there is a workaround.

Thanks for the info and replying to my thread I will have a read on the thread you linked thanks

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Amos I believe this has been fixed internally. The fix should be part of the next OB update.

Thanks for this any idea when the next update is coming out?

7 hours ago, Amos said:

Thanks for this any idea when the next update is coming out?

Even if I knew, I wouldn't be allowed to tell. This post below gives public dates. It's usually updated a day before the patch release:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/233848-patch-status/?do=findComment&comment=5279601

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Gryzor  , is the issue gone for you?

Currently I don´t test SP version in VR where I had it (in addition, since 4 months I changed my old Index to Pico 4 HMD). But I will try check it this night with Pico 4, so I will get my results to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Flappie changed the title to Labels are not well rendered in one