Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Mirrors don't work in VR. Both ST and MT - [SOLVED]

nickos86

EDIT2:

The issue:

image.jpeg

Solution:

Edit the description.lua file inside the DCS World openbeta\mods\aircraft\F14\Liveries\F14B_Cockpit\default with the following lines:

(Huge thanks to @DSplayer).

I've also attached the already modified file:

--DCS 2.8.3 Mirrors Fix
    {"mirror_left",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirror_left",    SELF_ILLUMINATION    ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirror_top",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirror_top",    SELF_ILLUMINATION    ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirror_right",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirror_right",    SELF_ILLUMINATION    ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"rio_mirror",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"rio_mirror",    SELF_ILLUMINATION    ,    "mirrors", true};
    {"mirrors_fake",    DIFFUSE            ,    "mirrors_fake", true};

description.lua

Edited by nickos86
  • Thanks 1

This is a problem with your custom cockpit textures. You will need to update the lua to comply with the new requirements for the mirrors.

EDIT: You found out the problem already so nvm. If you still want to use the cockpit and are willing to mod it yourself: add these lines of code to your lua file:

Spoiler

--DCS 2.8.3 Mirrors Fix

Edited by DSplayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

11 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

This is a problem with your custom cockpit textures. You will need to update the lua to comply with the new requirements for the mirrors.

EDIT: You found out the problem already so nvm. If you still want to use the cockpit and are willing to mod it yourself: add these lines of code to your lua file:

Hide contents

--DCS 2.8.3 Mirrors Fix

Thanks - where do I find this?

2 hours ago, WinOrLose said:

Thanks - where do I find this?

You would add those lines to your livery file (description.lua).

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 1/26/2023 at 4:18 AM, fausete said:

Hi again, sorry this is still happening.

Just to be 100% sure, you are deleting the Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Config\Input\Mirage-F1CE and Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Config\Input\Mirage-F1EE folders, right? Does this happen with any other module if you have another?

11 hours ago, nickos86 said:

nullpic attached

image.jpeg

EDIT: found the problem. I've removed the "F14 Clean Label Cockpits" MOD and the mirrors came to life. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303911/ 

Same problem here.  I removed those files from the liveries folder. At first my game won't load. "Logging in" for several minutes now. I forced it to close as it was stuck. 

Rebooted the game and logged right in. The Mirrors work in the Tomcat properly now after having deleted that cockpit mod. (Just to be sure I trashed all the Cockpit and paint F14 liveries. Works now. Now I guess I go work on the other bugs... *sigh* But seriously thank for figuring this out. I didn't even remember I had that cockpit mod installed until I read your post. 

Screen_230310_225319.jpg

• nickos86 changed the title to Mirrors don't work in VR. Both ST and MT - [SOLVED]

I got perfectly working mirrors in the F-14A.

In the F-14B I get the grey texture. I need to turn them on with the M key and then they only show the generic blueish "reflection". Not the reflection of the pilot's head etc.

This fix doesn't work for me. Using the description.lua from the A in the B doesn't help either.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stockfisch said:

The problem with the mirrors is not solved for me. I've tried the solution and fixes as described above (including the @Japo32 mod). No success. Still looks like in the first picture. Any idea?

Try with clean profile. If it works it were the mods.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, stockfisch said:

Thanx draconus. Trying the clean profile I found out that the new description.lua has to go to the user\saved games folder and not the dcs main folder. Now it works.

Thanks for that tip, mine now works too!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

21 minutes ago, mostafaberkut47 said:

how can I clean profile?

Your DCS profile is in the /saved games/dcs world/ folder.

There are your options, logbook, input controls etc. saved.

You can rename the folder to dcs world.backup or whatever you like. Next time you'll start DCS the new profile folder is created.

If you need anything from your previous profile just copy over from your renamed (backup) folder. If you want to get back to the old profile just delete the new one and rename your backup folder to the exact name it had before.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria