DCS.EXE at "bin-mt" folder does not work

Go to solution Solved by Rebel28,

• ED Team

please include your dcs log from the MT sessions you try it will give the team some clues hopefully. 

Also remember this is a preview version so we can look for issues in a wider public environment. ST build is still accessible if you can not get MT working.

We will be collecting data over the weekend and crash reports for the team to go over on Monday, they can then start working on the issues that can be reproduced. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Also, in the properties of the dcs.exe shortcut, I uncheck the windows full screen optimisations checkbox.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 2 weeks later...

I've played around with the above but no joy. No idea where/which log I should be looking at, searching 'log' in the installation folder brings up around a dozen of them.

It freezes on load when the panoramic coud image is displayed. I am not and will not use Steam.

I guess its not fit for purpose yet.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

5 hours ago, klem said:

No idea where/which log I should be looking at, searching 'log' in the installation folder brings up around a dozen of them.

You can find the dcs.log in

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I just got back in town, downloaded the newest OB update, and am trying to get multi-threading to work.

When I try to launch the MT.exe I get these error messages:

r/hoggit - Cannot Launch DCS MT.exe - System Errors

I ran both the cleanup and repair PowerShell commands in my main DCS bin folder. I tried to run them in the multithreading folder as well but they would not work. Stock DCS runs just fine, its only MT I cannot get to work. Drivers are up-to-date as well though I'm fairly certain this is a file error. I'm trying to stay away from a fresh install if I can help it. I have most modules and maps so it is hundreds of GB to redownload. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, mad.mad.mad said:

I just got back in town, downloaded the newest OB update, and am trying to get multi-threading to work.

When I try to launch the MT.exe I get these error messages

ran both the cleanup and repair PowerShell commands in my main DCS bin folder. I tried to run them in the multithreading folder as well but they would not work. Stock DCS runs just fine, its only MT I cannot get to work. Drivers are up-to-date as well though I'm fairly certain this is a file error. I'm trying to stay away from a fresh install if I can help it. I have most modules and maps so it is hundreds of GB to redownload. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Does your shortcut start in the bin-mt folder?

Does the file edCore.dll exist in the DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt folder?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

22 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

Does your shortcut start in the bin-mt folder?

Does the file edCore.dll exist in the DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt folder?

Well I'll be dammed, I feel a bit silly now. I created a shortcut from the .exe in the bin-mt folder but there must have been some issue with it. I clicked on the .exe in the file explorer and it works. Thanks much!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, gasdoctorpro said:

Got the Steam Bin MT Version to work in VR with Varjo Aero only by using the Steam Select Launch option dialog bottom button "Play MT Preview" 

Using a shortcut from G:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe, With the various force switches ended up with the DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe running in task manager instead. 

Have removed Opencomposite and OXRTK and running Varjo in OpenXR with Mbucchias quad-view disabling wrapper. 

Both shortcuts 1 and 2 only run the standard DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe

1. G:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR
  2. G:\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

HTH

about a 10% Improvement in frame rates btw with multithreading

I'm also unable to launch the MT version of DCS from the MT bin folder inside the steam install, it just launches the Non-MT. The only way I get to run MT is through the steam launcher. This only happens on my windows 11 machine as my windows 10 pc doesn't suffer this bug. I've even created a shortcut on the start menu with MT directly from the MT folder on the windows 10 PC. Any ideas?

I want to be clear and say that i'm clicking straight from the MT folder on the .exe within the MT folder, not trying a shortcut, and it launches the ST game instead. I've tried file integrity check, etc. Weird bug.

Edited by BMD

3 hours ago, BMD said:

I'm also unable to launch the MT version of DCS from the MT bin folder inside the steam install, it just launches the Non-MT.

Here's the solutin for your problem from @Fizzle:

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• 4 months later...

Just chiming in here as well (and even tried AstonMartin's shortcut as well..) shortcut indicates: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR but the DCS log indicates APP (Main): Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_enable_VR

for some reason it doubled the enable VR flag, but kicked back to the regular DCS ST executable in \bin. I'm not entirely sure how or why, but definitely only going into ST mode.

oddly enough, when I do fire up DCS within steam, selecting the MT option, it goes to MT desktop mode but looks like it's rendering it for VR, but I never get head tracking, it's basically just stuck rending the main menu view as if it were tracking, but never does.