A message of thanks

Dear Ground Pounder Sims, 

I'd just like to extend my thanks to you and your teams' efforts with this campaign. The level of depth and thought into the missions, the scenario and the capability of the AV8B are outstanding. 

AV8B campaigns have been few and far between and after the prelude of Ottoman Courier, by BD, I was itching for a campaign with the same level of immersion, and this campaign fulfils this need. You and your team should be proud of what you have accomplished. 

Yours gratefully, 

Atomic (4+ year harrier main)

Edited by JackHammer89
spelling
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, JackHammer89 said:

Dear Ground Pounder Sims, 

I'd just like to extend my thanks to you and your teams' efforts with this campaign. The level of depth and thought into the missions, the scenario and the capability of the AV8B are outstanding. 

AV8B campaigns have been few and far between and after the prelude of Ottoman Courier, by BD, I was itching for a campaign with the same level of immersion, and this campaign fulfils this need. You and your team should be proud of what you have accomplished. 

Yours gratefully, 

Atomic (4+ yea harrier main)

Thanks so much, I really appreciate that!

I'd also like express my thanks! I am just a couple missions in and it is just great to have something of this high quality for the Harrier! Looking forward to the rest of the missions, but what a treat I've already seen, thanks a million. 😀

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gunnar81 said:

I'd also like express my thanks! I am just a couple missions in and it is just great to have something of this high quality for the Harrier! Looking forward to the rest of the missions, but what a treat I've already seen, thanks a million. 😀

That's great to hear!  Thanks so much, I hope the rest of the campaign continues in the same way for you 🙂.

6 hours ago, Spirale said:

It was a long awaiting but having flown only 6 missions of your campaign is just a blast, i am really enjoying the immersion and the heart you put in Kerman Campaign 🙂

Only one word comes in my mind: a warm THANK YOU 🙂

Thank you very much 😀

• Like 1

Hey i also want to say a big THANK YOU for this awesome, immersing campaign 🙂

I am now in Mission 3, and i really enjoy it. No bugs or anything gamebreaking, the briefing files and Kneeboard is top notch and VERY detailed, the SPINS (Special Instructions) for Arrival, Departure and other Ops is really in-depth, and the pacing and build-up of the missions feel very realistic and immersive! As a (private-)Pilot myself, i also like the fact that you only assist with the procedures in the first mission, and then you should do them yourself AND get scored by doing it. This is a great thing and gets you connected to real life procedures, even in wartime, and you will learn a lot to follow them precisely. 

For all you out there unsure if you want to buy it: If you enjoyed Raven One, Enemy Within, Operation Piercing Fury and all this great campaigns, this is the next step, AND finally its something for the Harrier 🙂 

SPOILER:

ONLY thing i can "complain", in Mission 3, i got tasked to take out a ZSU on a Truck near the Farm. I easily identified the source of fire because of the tracers, and could do an instant drop on it, but i had to follow a VERY exact procedure from the JTAC and after 3 attempts of doing it "correct" and always got an ABORT, ABORT i was just destroying the thing without further Comms, and got a "you were NOT cleared HOT!" .... i think, in that situation, under fire, and in the middle of a Operation to take a city, they would give me a little bit more freedom of engaging an actual thread, but i have no real-life experience in military service so i can only say from my part 🙂 It would be good enough to get a broader Inbound-Range, maybe a circle of 100-180 degrees, but thats just a small thing in a overall awesome experience 🙂

Thanks alot for your work, really looking forward for the other campaigns you already did and will do 🙂

1 hour ago, Crimson_Ghost138 said:

Hey i also want to say a big THANK YOU for this awesome, immersing campaign 🙂

I am now in Mission 3, and i really enjoy it. No bugs or anything gamebreaking, the briefing files and Kneeboard is top notch and VERY detailed, the SPINS (Special Instructions) for Arrival, Departure and other Ops is really in-depth, and the pacing and build-up of the missions feel very realistic and immersive! As a (private-)Pilot myself, i also like the fact that you only assist with the procedures in the first mission, and then you should do them yourself AND get scored by doing it. This is a great thing and gets you connected to real life procedures, even in wartime, and you will learn a lot to follow them precisely. 

For all you out there unsure if you want to buy it: If you enjoyed Raven One, Enemy Within, Operation Piercing Fury and all this great campaigns, this is the next step, AND finally its something for the Harrier 🙂 

SPOILER:

ONLY thing i can "complain", in Mission 3, i got tasked to take out a ZSU on a Truck near the Farm. I easily identified the source of fire because of the tracers, and could do an instant drop on it, but i had to follow a VERY exact procedure from the JTAC and after 3 attempts of doing it "correct" and always got an ABORT, ABORT i was just destroying the thing without further Comms, and got a "you were NOT cleared HOT!" .... i think, in that situation, under fire, and in the middle of a Operation to take a city, they would give me a little bit more freedom of engaging an actual thread, but i have no real-life experience in military service so i can only say from my part 🙂 It would be good enough to get a broader Inbound-Range, maybe a circle of 100-180 degrees, but thats just a small thing in a overall awesome experience 🙂

Thanks alot for your work, really looking forward for the other campaigns you already did and will do 🙂

Thanks very much for the comments, glad you're enjoying!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished this campaign. My toughts are:

- excellent story , the plot of the story is told in a RPG style = great

- Great communications in flight specially between Mike Mike and Ein Stein ( I find Ein Stein behavior very suspicious regard to US Harrier employment = it adds suspense = great!).

- Missions are very well made, i find them on par with the best campaigns in DCS  ( ex F18 ones)

My overall rating is : excellent, i like the Harrier even more and the immersion was in the cockpit from the beginning till the end.

the only negative point is....: this campaign is too short lol. I know that making such campaign is demanding , very demanding and it takes time.h...But this campaign is so good that i wish it was longer 🙂

thx a lot Chi!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

I've just finished this campaign. My toughts are:

- excellent story , the plot of the story is told in a RPG style = great

- Great communications in flight specially between Mike Mike and Ein Stein ( I find Ein Stein behavior very suspicious regard to US Harrier employment = it adds suspense = great!).

- Missions are very well made, i find them on par with the best campaigns in DCS  ( ex F18 ones)

My overall rating is : excellent, i like the Harrier even more and the immersion was in the cockpit from the beginning till the end.

the only negative point is....: this campaign is too short lol. I know that making such campaign is demanding , very demanding and it takes time.h...But this campaign is so good that i wish it was longer 🙂

thx a lot Chi!

Thanks very much, great to hear you had a good time with it 🙂.  I'm with you on it ending too soon though, just ran out of fresh ideas in the end so went for quality over quantity! 

• Like 1

Bravo Zulu!  I'm a former military pilot (early 2000's) and love the detail put into the campaign.  The SPINS is a nice touch to the immersion and reminds me of the way we would arrive and depart.  Reading the briefings for every mission is a great way to feel connected to the campaign too.  I could see a book being published on this! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 3:06 AM, phillik747 said:

Bravo Zulu!  I'm a former military pilot (early 2000's) and love the detail put into the campaign.  The SPINS is a nice touch to the immersion and reminds me of the way we would arrive and depart.  Reading the briefings for every mission is a great way to feel connected to the campaign too.  I could see a book being published on this! 

Thanks!

Been playing DCS for four years or so. The Kerman Campaign is the most immersive experience I’ve had. Only played the first two missions so far but it’s brilliant. 

Really feels alive. 

I love the way there are procedures to follow but that they’re not punitive. Great way to learn. 

Hope I can keep up as things ramp up!

Great work. Makes me love the harrier even more! 

32 minutes ago, Solemn-laugh said:

Been playing DCS for four years or so. The Kerman Campaign is the most immersive experience I’ve had. Only played the first two missions so far but it’s brilliant. 

Really feels alive. 

I love the way there are procedures to follow but that they’re not punitive. Great way to learn. 

Awesome, all these testimonials have had me re-learning the Harrier after a couple of years just to play this campaign. Going to get into it shortly. I assume the briefings will let me know which weapons I'll need to be familiar with before embarking? The targeting has really changed since I last flew the plane.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

19 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Awesome, all these testimonials have had me re-learning the Harrier after a couple of years just to play this campaign. Going to get into it shortly. I assume the briefings will let me know which weapons I'll need to be familiar with before embarking? The targeting has really changed since I last flew the plane.

Awesome thanks!  Yeah the knee-boards/briefings will give you the load-out for the mission ahead, but during the campaign you'll use the following:

GBU-12/16

Laser Mavs (self designated with TPOD)

Dumb bombs/rockets/cannon - but without TGP so recommend you're comfortable targeting with the DMT.

Cluster bombs

APKWS

No JDAMs used in the campaign.

Hope you enjoy the campaign!

57 minutes ago, Solemn-laugh said:

Really feels alive. 

Thanks so much, hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign just as much!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally purchased this campaign after going through Harrier training and the included short campaign again to re-learn the AV-8B.

I knew that this was going to be quality since I played the Cerberus North campaign. But reading the SPINS, Theatre Briefing, and Mission 1 briefing, I'm once again amazed by the level of detail. I just dipped my toes in by starting up the first mission just for a taste before I needed to quit and put my kid to bed - I'm a student pilot in real life, and having to contact ground, tower, and departure may sound tedious to some, but I love it 😄

And having to comply with traffic pattern, noise abatements above populated areas, etc... makes this seem so very realistic and immersive. I can't wait to really get into this one. I've said for a while that the DCS campaigns are some of the best bang-for-your buck in the sim world. Just really really good stuff.

• Thanks 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished this excellent campaign. Very immersive, loved JTAC. I learned a lot during all the missions. The biggest problem I have now is to decide whether to start it again right now or do some Brrrrt for change :-). Thank you!

Spoiler

I missed the "Player Went Christmas Tree" task in mission 10, part 2 and got 95/100. What is this task about?

1 hour ago, kikimora said:

I have just finished this excellent campaign. Very immersive, loved JTAC. I learned a lot during all the missions. The biggest problem I have now is to decide whether to start it again right now or do some Brrrrt for change :-). Thank you!

Hide contents

I missed the "Player Went Christmas Tree" task in mission 10, part 2 and got 95/100. What is this task about?

Great to hear, glad you enjoyed!

Spoiler

The Christmas Tree is at the start of the first task when the heavy weapon is firing on the marine outpost.  If your lights are already off at this point AND you are close/low enough to be noticed, you'll give the Christmas Tree command - as a means of distracting the gunners on the ground and announcing your presence overhead.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was thinking about buying a new campaign, reading these comments I think I'll give a try

My Harrier has been locked into the hangar for a long time.......

• Thanks 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for the campaign!

Everything worked just like it should, had no issues whatsoever.

Characters were pretty good (especially liked the discussions with Einstein) and the missions were varied and provided just the right amount of difficulty. 

I had a blast, one of the best campaigns i played in DCS so far. 

Edited by Comes

6 minutes ago, Comes said:

Thank you very much for the campaign!

Everything worked just like it should, had no issues whatsoever.

Characters were pretty good (especially liked the discussions with Einstein) and the missions were varied and provided just the right amount of difficulty. 

I had a blast, one of the best campaigns i played in DCS so far. 

Thanks very much!  Great to hear you enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said... WHAT A BLAST! I was hesitating to start this campaign, thinking I was maybe not proficient enough in the Harrier. I started anyway and am having the best time in DCS since I did the Mirage campaign (I'm in the mission 3 now). I love the immersion and the learning curve. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Delta-canard said:

As others have said... WHAT A BLAST! I was hesitating to start this campaign, thinking I was maybe not proficient enough in the Harrier. I started anyway and am having the best time in DCS since I did the Mirage campaign (I'm in the mission 3 now). I love the immersion and the learning curve. Thank you so much!

Thank you!