VR image is upside down

Diamondviper

Using the hp reverb G2 with open xr natively my imagine in the goggles is upside down and out of alignment, on the monitor it seems fine though. This only seems to happen if I use open xr after this recent update. Happens on both multithread and default. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or found a solutions. 

thank you

F21AAC98-A380-4D4D-B54A-DB347BE5EC32.jpeg

4DF70FCF-1807-4594-8B7C-F47F8C145229.jpeg

• Like 1

• ED Team

unable to reproduce this, it seems fine for me.

are you using any other third party tools? I dont use any personally

can you attach your dcs log also so we can take a look 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For me it is ok after the last update, MT or SC, no issue like this.

It looks more like boundary problem. Do it with your VR software:

1/ clear your VR environment,

2/ set up again boundary.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 3/17/2023 at 10:34 AM, jeepster said:

Same here, no Necksafer involved. OpenComposite is a workaround. 

If I follow the steps it still doesn‘t seem to use OpenComposite, because the image is still inverted. Before I forced it to use OpenComposite instead of SteamVR it worked, but the MT bin uses the ED OpenXR implementation with the inverted picture.

I have the same problem. Trying to solve it I have reinstalled and now in normal OpenBeta all works fine (even with XRNeckSafer), but in the MT version it is upside down and looking to the front of the plane/hangar and not to the menu. It is Like in Diamondviper pictures. I'm going to try with WMR Debug Tool... Any other fix for this problem? Also HP Reverb G2 here and RTX 3090. 

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me after I watched an aircraft crash. This then caused my whole PC to lockup and DCS MT version crashed.

Upon returning to DCS MT version my VR headset is inverted.

Reset boundary did not resolve, going to try a repair

G2 | 3080TI | I9-12900K

On 3/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, Diamondviper said:

Using the hp reverb G2 with open xr natively my imagine in the goggles is upside down and out of alignment, on the monitor it seems fine though. This only seems to happen if I use open xr after this recent update. Happens on both multithread and default. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or found a solutions.

"Strange enough, I found a workaround that allows me to keep using XRNeckSafer. I find that if I load SteamVR first and then load MT, it loads me into the menu correctly even with XRNeckSafer installed. During the process, it closes SteamVR and loads OpenXR as normal. XRNeckSafer then works normally with MT. YMMV".

I have the same problem. Trying to solve it I have reinstalled and now in normal OpenBeta all works fine (even with XRNeckSafer), but in the MT version it is upside down and looking to the front of the plane/hangar and not to the menu. It is Like in Diamondviper pictures. I'm going to try with WMR Debug Tool... Any other fix for this problem? Also HP Reverb G2 here and RTX 3090. 
Thank you in advance.
Same for me, vrneck seems to be the problem, if I unistall it it worked again.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, Jagger303 said:

Yup, VR Necksafer was the issue.

Once I disabled the API for it MT runs fine, possibly an issue with Necksafer itself or MT as was working fine on standard non MT version

This has come back for me with the last update, when it happened before in MT, if I  then ran the single thread version and then loaded the MT version all was good. But that's not working after the last update.

Could you tell me how I  disable the API for MT please. 

Cheers

• 10 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, Andrew u.k. said:

This has come back for me with the last update, when it happened before in MT, if I  then ran the single thread version and then loaded the MT version all was good. But that's not working after the last update.

Could you tell me how I  disable the API for MT please. 

Cheers

I don't know if this is of any help - but I've noticed if I run dcs "as administrator" - XR Necksafer works OK for me - but if I don't, it runs upsidedown and inverted. (in MT mode).