Shadows rendering only in half of the screen in MT

15 hours ago, RuskyV said:

Every time you update make sure you clear out you metashader2 cache, as well as you FXO files in you saved games. Run a slow repair and try again.

i tried and still

same problem

I found 1 solution, moving my "ddi" monitor to the top of main monitor, before it was on left side.
null

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

line that cuts my screen in half, they display the same image but one side is brighter or is a higher contrast.../dont have any reshaders etc installed in fact the game was freshly installed on new drive

Screen_230403_194917.jpg

Screen_230403_192649.jpg

Screen_230403_192244.jpg

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a similar problem since the last Update. The Mission starts in the Dark (not a Night Mission, FW190A8, Persian Golf, Convoy Strafe) and after a while the Light goes on and it's bright again.

HP G2, Ryzen 3700x and RTX3080

I'll delete the metashaders next and try a repair this evening

[MT - SP and MP, ST version is fine]

First thing i noticed in Marcos' posts is that the area width where the shadows seem to missing is exactly the width of the unused part of the DX surface. Saw the same thing happening here but with different widths.

8mwShFD.jpg

My screenshot:

5cAxeDw.jpg

It's like some layer isn't shifted to the proper position.

Recording of the issue:

My settings:

apc6RqH.jpg

Monitor config is attached.

Hope this can be fixed, especially in the pit it's pretty annoying.

Thanks

QHD-3Monitor[1-4].lua

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll test this today, using my wife's monitor. Bare with me: it's going to be the first time ever I play DCS with more than one screen.

Can you please quickly explain what I'll need to do to give DCS a second monitor?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Yeah, attach the monitor and set it up in Windows on the left side of main monitor (or on top of it; if you set it on the right, no midline appears).

Here's my setup, for example:

image.png

In my case, monitor 1 is 10'' and 1024x768 resolution, monitor 2 is main 26'' monitor and 1920x1080 resolution. Windows decides the numbers in an awkward way and you can't change them, so don't bother if your second monitor is listed as number 1.

Then, you must create a .lua file (name it at your wish) in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup folder (you have to create the latter folder, if not already existing) and you must setup the viewports.

For the purpose, do consider that x and y axes start from top-left of monitor 1 (based on my setup, ymmv). So, for example, in my setup, first pixel at top-left of monitor 1 has coordinates x=0 and y=0.

Taking this into consideration, you have to edit the aforementioned lua file by writing into it monitor resolutions, corresponding coordinates and viewports you want to export on second monitor. I'm attaching my lua file, to let you easily understand it and adapt to your needs and personal setup.

Saruman.lua

After all of this, you run DCS, go into settings, open "Monitors" drop-down menu and choose the lua file you edited(figure attached). Restart DCS and you're good to go.

image.png

Edited by Saruman
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

i know this , but it is gone 😉 here a pict from 17-03-2023

It looks like the rederinglayer is moved around the exportmonitor, starts at 0/0, but does not subtract the left monitor! 🐵
You can set the monitor to the right, but this should not be the solution. Programming error.
You have the supercarrier? And do you see the LSO displays?

_____Screen_230317_212113.jpg

Edited by Mapi

I'm experiencing the same issue with multimonitor setup, currently I have 3 additional screens setup to right of my main screen. It seems that this artifact shows on that side too.

Screen_230523_212518.png

Screen_230415_143108.png

Edited by wielblad