JTAC unresponsive in multiplayer, both ST and MT...

My virtual squadron and me noticed a bug in the latest OB. AI JTACs are unresponsive on comms. I tested the same miz in the following conditions:

MT+SP = JTAC responds to check-in.

MT+MP = JTAC is unresponsive.

ST+MP = JTAC is unresponsive.

I haven't tested ST+SP yet, I assume that works since MT+SP works.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2023 at 7:11 AM, Flappie said:

Would you care to share your miz file, please?

me and my squadron encountered the same issue, in single player or in local server hosting multiplayer mode, I could call JTAC and Tankers, but in multiplayer with real clients, they couldn't call out the JTAC, and a lot of the radio menu are greyed out. Attached our test mission. JTAC frequency from channel 11-18, tanker frequency from channel 8-10.   

Operation Hormuz Mission 12 test.miz

• Thanks 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

On 3/19/2023 at 8:58 AM, Callsign JoNay said:

My virtual squadron and me noticed a bug in the latest OB. AI JTACs are unresponsive on comms. I tested the same miz in the following conditions:

MT+SP = JTAC responds to check-in.

MT+MP = JTAC is unresponsive.

ST+MP = JTAC is unresponsive.

I haven't tested ST+SP yet, I assume that works since MT+SP works.

Same issue , Jonay. Occasionally I can get it to work on MP with a restart but mostly its borked. 

Update: Seems that if you load a different mission on the server then load the desired mission it seems to work more often.

Edited by 4WingRCAF

4 hours ago, 4WingRCAF said:

Update: Seems that if you load a different mission on the server then load the desired mission it seems to work more often.

You will encounter all kinds of weird bugs in DCS, just like in real life. 🤣

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tested @Jenson's mission above in MP, with an MT client : I jumped into the first Hornet slot and was able to communicate with Axeman31.

jtac.jpg

Maybe it has to do with server settings?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

That's interesting. Here's a mission where we can't talk to the JTAC. He is on 133MHz and we are calling from Apaches.

It does work if we run it as single player. 

It rarely works if we run it as a multiplayer server and never if there are 2 Apaches tuned to the freq.

MULTI Caucasus West.miz 609.51 kB · 0 downloads

This is exactly what we encountered in our squadron. Our current solution is never put two JTAC (or Tankers) in the same frequency, otherwise, you won't be able to communicate with them in multiplayer (even if they have different name and callsign) 

• Like 1

I ran your mission on my dedi. I tried to contact Pointer21 aboard the AV-8B once in the air, frequency 133 AM, and the JTAC answered me.

OK.jpg

Does it work on your end if you're alone on the server?

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:59 PM, Flappie said:

I ran your mission on my dedi. I tried to contact Pointer21 aboard the AV-8B once in the air, frequency 133 AM, and the JTAC answered me.

OK.jpg

Does it work on your end if you're alone on the server?

Starting in an Apache in Multiplayer and running server on the PC I'm playing on: No, it doesn't work. Tuned 133 and nothing.