SetPath Command Offset WP 0

Shadow KT

CA AI Set Path.trk

When you set a custom Path to an AI aircraft, it offsets its 0 WP (own location) somewhere on the map and the AI needs to fly to WP0 first, before going to where you want it to. This also affects giving targets to AI, as the AI will want to go to WP0 before it commits to its attack.

• Like 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 4/1/2023 at 11:54 PM, Flappie said:

Hi @Shadow KT. I'm seeing the issue in your track but I'm unable to reproduce it when creating my own mission.

Any idea? I'll compare our missions in a text editor and see if I can find something.

no_bug.trk 73.28 kB · 0 downloads

Would you like me to produce a new track?

I had this happen on a mission file I had already worked on, then tested on a fresh file. Had a friend try on his machine as well, and he observed a similar behavior.

'Shadow'

This is an issue I'm also struggling with. I found it very hard to nail down the exact steps to make it happen, but I managed to record some tracks (on rare occasions the issue may happen in game, but not on the track). It happens all the time on PG and Syria, but not always on the first try. Syria produced the most erratic behaviour, maybe because it has the densest road system of all the maps. Interestingly, I couldn’t reproduce it on Caucasus.

The most useful clue I got is that when the issue happens, the offset WP0 always appears on a road. (Also seen in Shadow KT’s tracks)

Here are the results of my most successful tests:
Test 1: Add waypoints very close to the aircraft, path works normally:

offsetWP0_issue_PG_norm.trk

Test 2: Add off-road or on-road waypoints far from the aircraft, error happens. Observe the offset WP0 always appearing on a road:

offsetWP0_issue_2_PG_off.trk

offsetWP0_issue_2_PG_on.trk

offsetWP0_issue_2_Syria_error.trk

I did more tests with complex paths, but the track recording never worked with those.
This is just speculation, but it seems DCS is tracking aircrafts as being on/off the road system like ground vehicles when adding waypoints with Combined Arms, and this messes up the pathfinding.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, Flappie said:

Hi @Shadow KT . I need a Caucasus track. Could you please try and reproduce this issue over Caucasus? Then I'll report it right away.

Although, I've seen it happen once on the Caucasus, I cannot seem to reproduce it. That said, I can reproduce it 100% on Syria. Is this not reportable, because it happens on a map different from the Caucasus?

'Shadow'

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 1:47 PM, Shadow KT said:

Is this not reportable, because it happens on a map different from the Caucasus?

Most devs usually don't have all maps installed. I'll try again over Caucasus.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.