Manual Dive Bombing Rips Off Wings on SU-25T

Go to solution Solved by Letusg345,

Was rebinding my HOTAs, and using the training missions as a guide. When doing the first manual dumb bombing mission, I would do the dive, but as I released the bombs, they would hit my wing and tear it off. Is this a bug, or am I not holding the Su-25T steady enough during the dive? I did the mission multiple times, but got the same result every time. Sometimes I could release one or two bombs, but everytime at least one bomb took off a wing.

Edited by Letusg345

Unfortunately I’m away from my computer for the next few days and can’t check. I suspect, though, that you might be diving to steeply. The best thing would be to upload a short track of what’s happening. Then it’ll be easier to tell whether it’s a bug or inexperience.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

1 minute ago, razo+r said:

Make sure you do not push the stick at any point shortly before, during and after the release. If you do that you will fly into your own bombs. 

Will try, tho I think when I did it I kept my plane pretty steady.

Could it be that the bombs are hitting each other in midair and exploding? I remember one time releasing the bombs and the aircraft shuddered like it had been hit by something, and when I looked at the 3rd person view, part of the fuselage near the left back side was missing.

6 hours ago, Letusg345 said:

Could it be that the bombs are hitting each other in midair and exploding? I remember one time releasing the bombs and the aircraft shuddered like it had been hit by something, and when I looked at the 3rd person view, part of the fuselage near the left back side was missing.

Anything is possible. It’s possible that it’s a bug and it’s also possible that you are flying in a manner that causes you to run into your bombs. If that’s the case, the most likely culprit is that you are in too steep a dive. I doubt that you’re pushing forward on the stick at bomb release.

So save the track the next time it happens and play it back for confirmation. Obviously being blown up by your bombs is not the definition of a successful mission. 🙂

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Sorry for the poor quality in advance. (Couldn't get screen record to work, so I used my phone).

I think the problem is with the speed of the aircraft, as the only times I have released successfully is when I was actively trying to reduce my speed. The video is me going top speed. I thought I kept it pretty level, as the only noticeable shifting in the plane's plane was the result of me dropping the bombs. So much so I sacrificed accuracy with the last salvo of bombs 😁.

11 hours ago, Letusg345 said:

I think speed was the issue, as just now I was doing the training missions for the SU-25 (rebinding) and it says to put down flaps and put engines to idle while dive bombing.

Ahhh…that’s why I kept thinking that you were in too steep of a dive. Even with engine at idle, flaps and speed brake extended, you keep accelerating in that situation.

Holding a steady speed during a bombing run is important. It makes holding the aim point much easier because the platform is much steadier.

_____

• 7 months later...