Mirage F1 Hud Alignment Issue

=DannyBoy=

With no rhyme or reason, sometimes the Mirage F1's HUD will not align properly. Sometimes I'll start the plane and it'll be just fine and other times it won't align and be seriously off. I start it the same way every time. Very frustrating and I find myself respawning many times before it is correct. Again, I start the plane the same every time.

• Thanks 1

I've had that happen, too. It's down to the sequence of aligning the INS and the gyro platform.

I usually do it this way:

- get external power

- bat on

- HUD on

- INS on standby

- align gyro

- align INS

Make sure you don't transfer power (eg start the engine) during INS- or gyro-alignment.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

I've had issues where the HUD's horizon is slightly off when I turned on the main gyro to GM before turning on the master valve control and backup gyro. So when I startup now, I generally start with the master valve control, backup gyro, then the main gyro to GM to get my avionics set up correctly.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

The HUD Pitch and Roll references/source are the same as the Bezu ball/Spherical indicator. So until the Gyro platform is fully aligned the HUD will reflect the same as the ball which may not be correct until the gyro system is fully aligned/erect.

• Thanks 1

If you start the gyro platform alignement before having ground power or AC power, it'll be broken (shows about 20° left roll) until a new aircraft is taken. I think that's what the OP was referring to.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, Dirty Rotten Flieger said:

I'm waiting for the gyro to align before I turn on the HUD but sometimes the Gyro doesn't quite align. I thought we could just turn if off and on again to realign but I am mistaken.

Apparently it does work and you'll need some time to do the ole "power cycle" trick. Takes a couple of minutes for the gyro spin itself down, though.

I have never been patient enough to give it a try and I always just took another aircraft. 😅

• Thanks 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply

I'm investigating the issue and managed to reproduce it when setting the gyro selector to GM before having AC power.

In the meantime before we solve it and it's made available to the public, a good fix is to set the gyros to AR, wait 15 seconds and move it to GM again. This is the way to command a re-alignment of the gyros, and as far as I can tell it's working correctly.

EDIT: Fixed it internally (probably won't make it to the OB next update, tho)

Edited by fausete
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, fausete said:

In the meantime before we solve it and it's made available to the public, a good fix is to set the gyros to AR, wait 15 seconds and move it to GM again. This is the way to command a re-alignment of the gyros, and as far as I can tell it's working correctly.

Thanks for the tip!

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!