Virpil Apache AH-64 Collective

corbu1

Yeah, EU store.

I mean, production issue could mean a lot of things, not just "there are none". Maybe batch was smaller than expected because "something" and they distributed what they had... Oh well, it's not the end of the world. It will come when it comes.

I pinged them just because there was a "mid/late January" for expected delivery when I made my order and it was still "processing" so I wanted to know if there's any known delay. Now that it is, I'm fine with waiting.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Vakarian:

Yeah, EU store.

I mean, production issue could mean a lot of things, not just "there are none". Maybe batch was smaller than expected because "something" and they distributed what they had... Oh well, it's not the end of the world. It will come when it comes.

I pinged them just because there was a "mid/late January" for expected delivery when I made my order and it was still "processing" so I wanted to know if there's any known delay. Now that it is, I'm fine with waiting.

Just got the same message.

Same for me. It‘s just I‘m on vacation in march. So it will be shipped before….well I‘ll see. 

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

My AH-64D collective grip and Rotorplus Base arrived today.

• Like 5

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

4 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Does anyone know the correct name for this type of switch (the black one for your thumb) i'm considering replacing the 4 on the 64 grip with this type instead

thrustmaster-f-16c-viper-hotas-add-on-grip-1.jpg

That on your Alpha R stick?  Its a 4 way with push button, but havent a clue where to obtain them. The Apache switches are all two way.

Some leads. Named as a slide button

https://www.otto-controls.com/products/electromechanical-switches

https://www.mouser.co.uk/c/?switch function=4-Way Directional%2C Center Select&_gl=1*gkkyoo*_ga*dW5kZWZpbmVk*_ga_15W4STQT4T*dW5kZWZpbmVk*_ga_1KQLCYKRX3*dW5kZWZpbmVk

Edited by Marshallman
  • Thanks 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

received mine a week ago. finally installed in my simpit.

its very cool. the huge throw helps with precision flying for your. The arm , on top of that the rotor VPC offers is quite long though..

A dedicated shorter arm collective base would be better in my opinion

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I installed it this way in my simpit. I like the doublegrip concept. Especialy controlling the FCR from the pilot seat.

IMG_2038.jpeg

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707

Have the Counterbalance kit now installed as well! I really like it! Works great!👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707

vor einer Stunde schrieb NahkaSukka:

I received mine, installed and i love it!  They gave me one wrong size screw, but fortunately i found a replacemen from another set.

Had a wrong small screw as well. But used another one from my tools box.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707

Weird, I had the wrong size nut in the counterbalance kit but never used the fixing bolts for the collective which have M5 nuts so issue resolved. Yet to try it in anger with the Apache grip as I am re positioning everything on my rig which is a major strip down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackrat_UK said:

Weird, I had the wrong size nut in the counterbalance kit but never used the fixing bolts for the collective which have M5 nuts so issue resolved. Yet to try it in anger with the Apache grip as I am re positioning everything on my rig which is a major strip down.

Yes I have a playstation seat which is excellent and found cheaply second hand, however it has several holes in it from repositioning the collective and brackets for the Joystick central to the seat 🙂 🙂 🙂

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

On 3/1/2024 at 6:02 PM, corbu1 said:

Had a wrong small screw as well. But used another one from my tools box.

Ah i had it aswell, it was the screw for the clamping the spring should. Was to short, and not properly shaped.

Reported it to Virpil

nV8TP-NIMbkoZae8Bkv6MYgWHwoE7gdGlQ.jpg?1

Edited by Killg0re NL
Added picture.

2 hours ago, Marshallman said:

Yes I have a playstation seat which is excellent and found cheaply second hand, however it has several holes in it from repositioning the collective and brackets for the Joystick central to the seat 🙂 🙂 🙂

I am transferring from racing to just flight simming, 8020 rig, so I just need to rejuggle stuff around plus add wheels so I can move the rig in a corner. So far its working out as minimal swapping for GA, Airbus, GA rotary and of course DCS, will know by the end of the week if I have achieved that. 🤣

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Killg0re NL:

Ah i had it aswell, it was the screw for the clamping the spring should. Was to short, and not properly shaped.

Reported it to Virpil

nV8TP-NIMbkoZae8Bkv6MYgWHwoE7gdGlQ.jpg?1

Yes, that‘s exactly that screw I got a wrong one. Thanks for reporting to Virpil. Hopefully they change them for future customers.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707

13 hours ago, Blackrat_UK said:

I am transferring from racing to just flight simming, 8020 rig, so I just need to rejuggle stuff around plus add wheels so I can move the rig in a corner. So far its working out as minimal swapping for GA, Airbus, GA rotary and of course DCS, will know by the end of the week if I have achieved that. 🤣

Just hanging onto RFS RBR though, great fun!...still havent worked out how to get that working in VR 😞

Mine just arrived. Although at work I did try to see how the buttons react and yeah, like expected all the 4-5 way switches are mushy as hell.

One thing I noticed is that when you take the cap off, it is a tiny bit better so I suspect there's a bit of a slop due to the space between the switch stem and the cap groove. Will try to fill it with "something" to see if it'll help it.

Still a miles away from VKB 4/5 way switches but that's because VKB produces their own and Virpil still uses off the shelf switches which are really sub-par.

Will see later tonight how it is in action when I mount it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Mine just arrived. Although at work I did try to see how the buttons react and yeah, like expected all the 4-5 way switches are mushy as hell.

One thing I noticed is that when you take the cap off, it is a tiny bit better so I suspect there's a bit of a slop due to the space between the switch stem and the cap groove. Will try to fill it with "something" to see if it'll help it.

Still a miles away from VKB 4/5 way switches but that's because VKB produces their own and Virpil still uses off the shelf switches which are really sub-par.

Will see later tonight how it is in action when I mount it.

Yes a league apart from the Alpha Grips and their switches.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marshallman said:

Yes a league apart from the Alpha Grips and their switches.

The switches are worse than on my left-hand MongoosT-50CM from about five years ago, for that matter. I'm so annoyed by the garbage switches that I was going to return the Apache grip, but I decided that they would bother me less in practice than they do in principal (provided I don't try to use the push on most of the hats).   

@Vakarian, I kind of see what you mean, but the stems themselves can also be displaced a considerable distance from center before the actual switch engages. I hope your fix provides some improvement for you, but I fear that the bigger issue can only be solved with different switches. I wonder if we will see a design change in later iterations of this grip (in which case a retrofit might be possible). Probably wishful thinking...

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 10:36 PM, corbu1 said:

Yes, that‘s exactly that screw I got a wrong one. Thanks for reporting to Virpil. Hopefully they change them for future customers.

I had the correct screw but incorrect nut...