Ford Class Carrier MOD

Go to solution Solved by TeTeT,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, sorry for the lack of updates. As for the “bolter” bug. This was I introduced either with the last “fix” to the edm deck height issue. Or something I did messing with the damage code. And I’ve not had to to sort it out. I do have one that works but it’s the version with the static object deck height bug. Since the last “fix” seems ti have add new bugs I think the plan is to just get working on the new model. I will update the thread soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you please post the mod as-is? If you don't have the time/interest in finishing it, other people can for you.. or, at least let all of us enjoy it while you make your finishing touches and work on subsequent updates. Could you please share it publicly, or please send me a copy via DM at least? Thank you!!

If someone has the beta (or whatever the most recent version was) of this Ford, can you please send it or post the link on here? It seems the project might have been abandoned by its original creator and I fear we won't ever get it released at this rate. I am willing to learn lua scripting and whatever else it takes to finish the project. Thanks. Cheers!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2023 at 5:07 PM, Reccelow said:

Having trouble with some AI not trapping just bolter after bolter....

CVN78 bolter.JPG

Recce,

We had a similar issue with the USS Bon Homme Richard CV-31 mod.

On a whim I changed The VPPStartPoint entry by adding another 20 (feet?) and we got rid of alot of bolters.

-- landing strip definition (first in table)  
--    VppStartPoint;            azimuth (degree}       Length_Vpp;        Width_Vpp;

Original
    {{-72.5916, 16.95, -5.60511}, 349.0,           97.0,                20.0,  --somewhere between last wire and model center / just past last wire 

New

{{-52.5916, 16.95, -5.60511}, 349.0,           97.0,                20.0,  --somewhere between last wire and model center / just past last wire -72 TO -52

May or may not help with the Ford.

seabat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ironghost said:

The textures of the hull are not seen well, in the YouTube video however there is no this defect.🙁

Carrier.jpg

I just downloaded and tried the mod.  In game, I see a similar issue with the hull textures.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 212615.png

Looks like the normals, as well as the UVW mapping  is messed up

Edited by Oban

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 3:46 AM, seabat said:

Recce,

We had a similar issue with the USS Bon Homme Richard CV-31 mod.

On a whim I changed The VPPStartPoint entry by adding another 20 (feet?) and we got rid of alot of bolters.

-- landing strip definition (first in table)  
--    VppStartPoint;            azimuth (degree}       Length_Vpp;        Width_Vpp;

Original
    {{-72.5916, 16.95, -5.60511}, 349.0,           97.0,                20.0,  --somewhere between last wire and model center / just past last wire 

New

{{-52.5916, 16.95, -5.60511}, 349.0,           97.0,                20.0,  --somewhere between last wire and model center / just past last wire -72 TO -52

May or may not help with the Ford.

seabat

I changed my VPPStartPoint entry to -29 from the -4 it was and it is catching the COD and the AWACS birds now check the F/A18C just to make sure I didn't break that one and it's also working the only thing that I'm not sure of is the draw out of line seems they stop too short 

Edited by bbtbmb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Sorry for the sudden departure and lack of news.

Unfortunately the person handling the model side of the mod decided to focus on other projects. BUT "Good News Everyone". Thanks to my new hero FuryNZ1781 for the texture fix, hell call it a miracle, 🤣 and the continued interest, I do believe I have something that can be released that should be a good ai asset and have a limited player functionality.

The main issue I recall not getting fixed was player take off from the cats causing minor damage to the ship and getting the elevators working. Also while landing aids appear on screen I'm not sure it's working correctly. 

The the "bolter bug" came about due to a change in the collision model made trying to sort those issues. I think I have that sorted back to the collision model before the bug. I did see someone suggest a lua fix for that and will research that, but my quick testing and somewhat reliable memory makes me think I fixed that 🤔.

There are some frame rate issues, but that can depend a lot on what and how many aircraft you put on the deck as I get similar results with mod aircarft on the stock Nimitz. But since the Ford class should only use F/A-18E/F/G and F-35C (I've setup the runway lua for those). That means mod aircraft, and while there are some great ones out there my entry level system (5600X/3060ti) take a big fps hit with 24 of CJS's great F/A-18E/F/G mod on the deck. The VSN F-35 is a little better but your mileage will vary based on your system.

Large aircraft like the E-2 and Greyhound should work from the cats and may work from parked depending on what and how many other types you mix the with them on the deck.

4-8 CH-47, CH-53, V-22 and F-35B VTOL also work with the fixed wing spawn points.

Landing should be 12-16 aircraft but I still need to make sure the bolter bug is gone. Plus about 100 other things,😂 but I should have something up by the end of the weekend.

But Wait there's more. I was able to cobble together a Refit of the stock CVN-72 with the new SAMs (162D/ESSM) from the Ford Mod and added more spawn points to the deck.

While similar to what Currenthill did with the Tico and Burke, it's not as slick and may require a little DIY with the game files but I will include the lua file for it with the Ford files.

Also I have a Tarawa Class Mod the has the model fitted with the original guns and CWIS and no SAMs. This allows for shore bombardment while landing troops by helicopter😀

And a few updates to some other Cold War Classics as well.

Again please keep in mind I'm limited to only lua edits currently but I've got the models working as correctly as I can.

Thanks for the interest and patience.

I hope to have The Ford files posted by the end of the weekend 

Note: Full credits to be included with Mod files and thanks to all that have provided tons of help

Screen_240209_185409.jpg

Screen_240209_183852.jpg

Screen_240209_183920.jpg

Screen_240206_184519.jpg

Screen_240122_101520.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

we need this one as a full SC module side by side with the Super Hornet , time will tell ,but meanwhile would agree  seeing development of some other conventional CV  like the  Kitty Hawk or Coral Sea

• Like 2

SO this is a strange one.

When landing/parking after the plane "backs into" it's parking space it "flips" around and ends up facing the wrong way. Not sure why this happening and it's caused a few issues with the parking landing routes as having the tail stick out instead of the nose has caused some taxi issues. Still planning on a release today but the landing/parking may still be a bit buggy when trying to return a large amount of aircraft.

On the plus side both player take off and landing do seem to be working. I am able to spawn on both the catapult and from parking hot and the wires are trapping both player and ai aircraft 👍

Screen_240211_092340.jpg

Screen_240211_092344.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 3

• Solution
4 hours ago, Beldin said:

What's this.... A CV-31 mod you say.........I must take a look 🙂

Check the Vietnam War Vessels thread 🙂 On the parking of the planes reversing direction, we worked around this by inverting the final speed vector in the parking table.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1