Tremendous amount of flickering

KoleTang

The flickering in the video below shows up very frequently while flying.  Many times in the same mission.  It makes this map annoying and unplayable.  I shortened the video to one such encounter to fit it here.  But it will go and come many, many times while flying a mission.  I have all the other maps and I have never encountered this problem before.

Cairo.miz dcs_sinai_flicker.log SinaiFlashing.trk

Edited by KoleTang
Added info
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I’m also seeing the same thing.  Happens either on the right of left side of the screen with no rhyme or reason I can find.  Not as frequent as this video clip shows but enough to be annoying.  Usually every 3-20 seconds or so for me.  5800X3D, 3080Ti, 32gm RAM, 4K resolution w/Gsync.  Never seen it on any other map. Happened even on an empty mission with just the Hornet.  

Edited by RightYouAreKen
  • Like 2

I had the same experience on my very first Sinai flight and a few times since, not too often but enough to be a distraction.

I saw the same issue on some of the beta tester preview videos, so I can only assume it's a known issue. Be nice to get confirmation though.

• Like 1

Same. but, for me it is the whole screen.

Edit:

I also disabled my mirrors after reading through the thread more.  It also seams to have fixed my issue.  I am also only playing at 1080p.  I'm not sure if screen resolution is playing a part in why my screen fully flickers, while others have 1/2 screen flickers? (Just spit-balling, as I am in no way knowledgeable.)

Edited by CageyLobster
adding more information
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Same issue here. M2000C though. Switching off the mirrors stopped it.

No VR.

Confirmed for me as well!  Turning off the mirrors in the Hornet stops the flashes!  Thank you!!!  Turning them back on brings the flashing back.  Hopefully they can resolve this soon as I prefer using the mirrors.

I'd previously also tried the following to no avail:

• Gsync on and off
  • Shadows on High, Flat, and off
  • Multithreaded and Singlethreaded
  • Mission time 7am and noon

Edited by RightYouAreKen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just flew a noon sortie out of Cairo West with severe black flickering on left and right side of 4K resolution screen.  Seems worse over dense urban areas. I deleted FXO and Metashaders2 folders and have seen no visible improvement. Running on a 3080 12GB.

Edited by Backy 51
  • Like 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

40 minutes ago, Backy 51 said:

Just flew a noon sortie out of Cairo West with severe black flickering on left and right side of 4K resolution screen.  Seems worse over dense urban areas. I deleted FXO and Metashaders2 folders and have seen no visible improvement. Running on a 3080 12GB.

Try turning off your mirrors.  Worked for me.  

• Like 2

Experienced the same issue in the Mi-24P on Sinai map. Turning off mirrors work.

No issue with the F-16 (no mirrors….🤠)

• Like 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

+1 This happened to me in L-39 Albatros as well (with mirrors) on Friday but I couldn't find any thread for it and wasn't sure if it's not just some GPU driver thing (or something in the shady area between GPU and the game). But I've seen it in Growling Sidewinder's video today, so it seems like something with the new patch. And I found this thread. Good to know it's not just me because such bugs bug me the most. 🙂

Definitely not Sinai-specific though, I don't have that map. I experienced it with the Persian Gulf map.

Edited by virgo47
  • Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• Wags locked this topic