No Hot Starts in SP Please

SharpeXB

There’s no reason that missions should start on the ramp with the engine running when there’s an automatic startup cheat. DCS goes to all this effort to model all these systems and include clickable cockpit but then doesn’t seem to include any missions where you can do this. Makes no sense. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 8 months later...

In a realistic scenario the ground crew would most likely have started the aircraft. Or at the very least recently warned the engine up.

It's not realistic for a P47 or P51 pilot to jump in a dark and cold aircraft start it up and in the case of the P47, sit there playing with yourself for 15 minutes to warm up the systems.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

6 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Surprise surprise; XB telling people how they should be playing/building their game.

Again there’s an auto start feature. So if anyone doesn’t want to do the manual startup there’s always that option. Therefore hot starts make no sense in mission designs. 

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

Engine warmup time.

There’s also time acceleration. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

6 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Not online 

Perhaps I wasn’t clear in the OP.  I was referring to SP missions and the ones included in the game. 

• SharpeXB changed the title to No Hot Starts in SP Please

I think, they are mostly designed as

a) lessons, to show and teach you a feature. For repeated use going through startup - accelerated or not - is unnecessary cumbersome. Therefore some start even airborne….

b) showpieces, to just get you in the air quick.

Campaigns are designed with all the bells and whistles to let you jump through all hoops.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

Perhaps I wasn’t clear in the OP.  I was referring to SP missions and the ones included in the game. 

In a realistic scenario you as a pilot would either come out to a running plane, that the ground crew had stared 10-15 minutes before the pilot comes out. Or at the very least it would recently have been warmed up so the plane would be good to go as soon as it was started. Sadly that isn't possible in DCS to have a warm and dark start up.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

17 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

In a realistic scenario you as a pilot would either come out to a running plane, that the ground crew had stared 10-15 minutes before the pilot comes out. Or at the very least it would recently have been warmed up so the plane would be good to go as soon as it was started. Sadly that isn't possible in DCS to havrafting warm and dark start up.

Yeah but if someone wants to do a cold start, forcing the option by having the plane already started takes away the choice. A cold aircraft can always be auto started so it makes no sense to have it already running. 
It’s funny in DCS to learn the cold start and then not find a single mission where you can actually do this. The Hornet doesn’t come with any cold start missions aside from the deliberate cold start instant action ones. 

Yeah but if someone wants to do a cold start, forcing the option by having the plane already started takes away the choice. A cold aircraft can always be auto started so it makes no sense to have it already running. 
It’s funny in DCS to learn the cold start and then not find a single mission where you can actually do this. The Hornet doesn’t come with any cold start missions aside from the deliberate cold start instant action ones. 
Hmmm... I actually see what you mean now. And, (what do you know), I do agree! They could double the same missions with cold starts. And many modules have that. At the same time, I think what @Hiob says, is the reason. Campaigns usually have cold starts.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk